Reload this Page >

Amazing Race (10/9)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Amazing Race (10/9)

Old 10-09-02, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Amazing Race (10/9)

Woah. Interesting episode. Seems that, just in series 2, the teams have problems with buses. And, the fun with personal watercraft.
Old 10-10-02, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
funny ep. the A&F twins that was a funny comment made by the AA team [aaron and adriana].
Old 10-10-02, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love how they all refer to them as "The Doublemints"

das
Old 10-10-02, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I still can't remember any of their names yet. The cast this year seems very bland and boring. It was funny when the twins got stuck behind after grabbing the fast forward though. I don't think they got much of a time lead over the #2 team.
Old 10-10-02, 02:31 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The biggest discrace to Ivy League schools was when one of the two Harvard Law school women, faked crying so that they could get on an earlier bus. I had already wanted them to lose after last week but now I definately want them to be eliminated.

Also, is it me or is the theme for this season flamboyant homosexuality? You got the preacher and gay son team, the two older brothers with one of them being gay, then I am going to go out on a limb and say that the guy on the "long time friends" team is also gay. But I am starting to wonder whether or not one or both of the identical twin models are gay.

Last edited by ChefWinduAZ; 10-10-02 at 02:33 AM.
Old 10-10-02, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Great show.

Arianne is quickly becoming my favorite chick !

I think her getting naked in the taxi is what moved her up to number 1.

Old 10-10-02, 08:38 AM

--I have to admit I thought T&T would go farther. They had by FAR the most positive attitude of any team this season.

--Two straight instances of crying do not bode well for the Haavad duo.

--I think I need some vidcaps of Zoe in her bikini top! Why didn't she swim?!?

--Don't any of these teams realize nearly every other leg of the race presents a situation that will completely negate any lead anyone has? I'm not saying you shouldn't hustle, but see how well that Fast Forward work for Team Baldo...*cough* sixth place *cough*.

--I like how the two buses became a metaphor establishing the "strong" and the "weak" teams. Fast Forwards will only delay the inevitable. I assume Andre and Damon will last the longest from that bunch, but they haven't really turned it up yet to establish themselves. No personality either.

Last edited by pezboy; 10-10-02 at 08:46 AM.
Old 10-10-02, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,005 Likes on 612 Posts
Originally posted by WWE Jedi
then I am going to go out on a limb and say that the guy on the "long time friends" team is also gay.
That's not much of a limb.
Old 10-10-02, 08:55 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally posted by Blaster1
The cast this year seems very bland and boring. It was funny when the twins got stuck behind after grabbing the fast forward though. I don't think they got much of a time lead over the #2 team.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I was totally sucked into TAR2, and I felt really strongly about many of the teams (Go Team Mycoskie!). I'm still into TAR3, just because it's TAR, but the teams don't feel as strong, personality-wise, to me. Then again, it's only the second ep, and there's hasn't been a lot room for personalities to be shown off since the cameras have to cover ten teams.

I miss Paige.
Old 10-10-02, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think part of the problem with personality is that there are so many teams at the moment. It's hard to focus on individuals closely. However, it did seem the first two seasons were more interesting at this point. I don't know if CBS was intentionally making things confusing last night because I don't remember being "lost" as much before.
Old 10-10-02, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by atlantamoi
I think part of the problem with personality is that there are so many teams at the moment. It's hard to focus on individuals closely. However, it did seem the first two seasons were more interesting at this point. I don't know if CBS was intentionally making things confusing last night because I don't remember being "lost" as much before.
maybe it was more interesting at this point last season because there was so much more "drama" during that season (i.e. tara & the boston guy shacking up)

so far, I like this season but since its only the 2nd episode, I can't really compare it to the other seasons although there seems to be a lot more comedy in these two episodes with people falling off waverunners and not getting back on, donkey carts falling, blah blah blah.

phil also seems to be waiting forever between saying people's names and then saying what place they're in at the end of each stage just to add dramatic effect.
Old 10-10-02, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally posted by Struz
Great show.

Arianne is quickly becoming my favorite chick !

I think her getting naked in the taxi is what moved her up to number 1.

Arienne is my least favorite chick. Taking off her shirt doesn't overcome the fact that she is a bitch. She is the type of girl that you think is hot...until she opens her mouth.
Old 10-10-02, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So far I'm perfectly happy with who has lost. This last team was so cocky but they were in the back of the pack the whole time. I wouldn't mind seeing the older couple lose next, which they look like they are on the way to doing. They haven't shown them much, but every time they do it's always, "We wanna show these young punks that people in their 50s can do this too." They always seem surly, even in the opening credits. I keep hoping the Harvard bimbos miss a plane or something to get them in the back of the pack. They'll make great lawyers someday, they are such weasels.
Old 10-10-02, 11:01 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I don't have an endless stream of questions this time. My main complaint from last week is still valid: not enough interaction between the different teams is shown. It seems that everybody hates Dale and Derek Zoolander, but why?
Old 10-10-02, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Groucho
Dale and Derek Zoolander
Old 10-10-02, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Groucho
Dale and Derek Zoolander
I agree,
In fact, I think their "official" name on TWOP is Team Zoolander. Or is it Team Doublemint? Either one is hilarious.

And it gets even funnier after seeing the preview for next week, where some of the teams are talking more smack about the twins behind their backs. EVERYONE seems to want to take them down.

Oh, and I feel for you, Static -- I miss Paige, too.
Old 10-10-02, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I don't get why the other teams dislike the Doublemint Twins. All they have to say about it is that they're too pretty. I think they're just talking trash as a joke really because they never say anything really bad about them. The twins seem like perfectly nice, normal guys, moreso than some other teams.

I tend to like the teams that get along the best. Jerks can be entertaining sometimes, butconstant bickering gets old, like Tara and Will last season. I wanted to strangle that whiny idiot!
Old 10-10-02, 03:42 PM

Anyone read Drew and Derek Zoolander's bio?

Derek and Drew believe that the most important element to getting ahead in the Race is cleanliness. Drew is making sure he packs his toothpaste, toothbrush and dental floss, and says, "It's nearly impossible to communicate effectively with bad breath." Derek reveals that he won't leave home without his deodorant. "I just hope to maintain a reasonable level of cleanliness and odor while on the race. Otherwise, it's almost impossible for people to deal with you," he says.
Team Zoolander + Team "Oh Brother" (Ken and Gerald) = Danny and Oswald
Old 10-10-02, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

jill looks pretty hot.
Old 10-10-02, 06:42 PM
Admin Emeritus

TWoP's Team Doublemint was Shola & Doyin (I probably butchered those names) from TAR2... those two were awesome. The Zoolanders are unworthy of the Doublemint title.

And it took me a while to figure out what everyone was calling Jill... Rambette. Like a female Rambo. Leave the funny to us, Racers.
Old 10-10-02, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Indeed she does.

Out of all of the episodes of all of the races, I thought that this was by far the most boring. I guess it is because there are not many teams that we really know much about. None of them really have much personality yet. The team that seemed to have the most last week (the hot chicks), were barely in it last night.

I am glad that the Brother/Sister team got booted though. The whole "T'n'T" was starting to bug me...
Old 10-10-02, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The old couple are sort of scary.
Old 10-11-02, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hopefully there won't be this many instances of "bunching up" as the season goes on. While last season was excellent, that aspect got annoying sometimes. It seemed to happen EVERY WEEK -- one or two teams have a huge lead on the rest (many hours) and it is shot down by some sort of time restriction (waiting for an airport to open up, etc).

Not that I don't love the show or anything. I'm just sayin'.
Old 10-11-02, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It seems like the producers decide to seperate the teams early on with things like multiple buses or fairies, perhaps to get rid of the "dead wood", but then when there are fewer teams, they try to bunch them up, by having one flight that the teams have to wait half a day for. I guess that way it makes sure that no one runs away with the game.
Old 10-11-02, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by movieking
It seems like the producers decide to seperate the teams early on with things like multiple buses or fairies, perhaps to get rid of the "dead wood", but then when there are fewer teams, they try to bunch them up, by having one flight that the teams have to wait half a day for. I guess that way it makes sure that no one runs away with the game.
in this way, it almost makes no point to come in first anymore because as soon as you get going, you either have to wait for something to open or for some plane to leave.

i always tended to like how they did it in the first season when they used to say take a plane to london and do it anyway that you want and you would see all of the Aracers scrambling to telephones trying to find seats. in AR2 and this season, it looks like they're giving them a list of all the flights and the teams are just scrambling to get on the earliest ones.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.