Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Dragon Con 2002 - quick thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-02, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I was making some changes on those pages, but they should be up now.

Where's Waldo? Which page?
Old 09-12-02, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can't turn to Waldo and say, "where are you?" Well, you could, but it probably wouldn't be healthy. I will say this. You, as a TV Talk reader, have more than enough information at your disposal to find me. My hint: when you do find me, you'll know it's me.

Btw, Dawn images now work, but Masquerade is down. And FYI, the pages load very quickly. I have a good connection, but it doesn't scream, and I can load those thumbnails in a couple of seconds.

das
Old 09-12-02, 02:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ummmm...what's a "Dawn" contest?

And thanks for all of the hard work, Patman! I love checking out all the pics. Someday if I ever finish my costume and if I ever make it to a con, you'll see me as Wonder Woman - but I insist on absolute accuracy, so it's taking a long long long time to make. (it's the Lynda Carter CBS version, btw ) So far the only thing I've ahd to compromise on is the boots - they're shiny when they're supposed to be matte (still trying to find something that will fix it for me) and the heel and toe are square instead of pointy, but I'm hoping no one but me is anal enough to know the difference. Now if only I could get my best friend (and fantastic seamstress) to stay with me for a while (she moved out of state) the costume might someday be done. Until then, I revel in the obscurity.
Old 09-12-02, 06:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

das, the Masquerade page works for me at home, and at work, and I did no work on it last night (fixed a few dead links on the Costume 1 page last night around dinner time). So, I don't know why the Masquerade page isn't working for you.

das, are you in the background in a photo, or dressed up as the focus of a shot?

And here I thought WP would show up as Xena, silly me!
Old 09-12-02, 06:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Wait, wait, is this das? haha!
Old 09-12-02, 06:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

• Quoth Patman •<HR SIZE=1>Wait, wait, is this das? haha! <HR SIZE=1>

And so the search ends. You didn't happen to get a shot of me wearing the "I'm With Stupid" shirt (arrow pointing upward, of course)?

das
Old 09-12-02, 06:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I was just joking, but then again, I guess it makes sense.

And I don't think I got a shot of that shirt. (Who has time to read shirts at Dragon Con)?

I did see a shot of some bustiered female shoving her breastises into that contraption of das's. Now that was funny.
Old 09-12-02, 07:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I almost opened my guess with this photo.

Heheheheh.
Old 09-12-02, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Lessons in sarcasm will be held Tuesday and Thursday nights in the Cultural Center.

das
Old 09-12-02, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

roflmao! That's just too good. That first pic cracks me up every time. One brave guy.

Pat - WW has been my idol since I was a little girl, and when I was about 7 my mom made me a pretty cool costume that I wore every chance I got for years (basically until I outgrew it). I promised myself that when I was "grown up" I would have the "perfect" WW costume. So WW first, and when time and money permit, WP to follow. (as for my nick, sometimes I'm WarriorPrincess, sometimes I'm AmazonPrincess, depending on the site and my mood when I signed up - but I'm always a princess, lol!)

Re: Xena costume, there's a guy that makes kick-ass Xena costumes, and I've seen several women at cons wearing costumes that were partially or completely made by him - his name is Todd something. He makes the best xena armor, chakrams and xena swords that I've seen. Naturally I'd want a "perfect" Xena costume, too - and that pretty much means I'd be giving Todd a ton of money, lol. (money I don't have ) And it's not as unique, since anyone can buy one. But I've yet to come across a WW costume that lived up to my standards, so my efforts would be better spent on that front. Picky, as usual.
Old 09-12-02, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Patman
das, the Masquerade page works for me at home, and at work, and I did no work on it last night (fixed a few dead links on the Costume 1 page last night around dinner time). So, I don't know why the Masquerade page isn't working for you.
Doesn't work for me, either. Just a whole bunch of red x's.
Old 09-12-02, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Sob!

But I've tracked down the problem, and the Masquerade page problem is fixed! For some reason, the old prototype page got loaded up, and my cache wasn't updating my view to the most current version of that html document.

Here's one more guess.

Last edited by Patman; 09-12-02 at 08:18 AM.
Old 09-12-02, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Patman
Sob! So this Masquerade page doesn't show the thumbnails either? Haven't tried clearing the browser's temp files/cache? I see the page displayed fine for me, so I'm perplexed.

Here's one more [url=http://www.patcave.com/dc2k2/costume/guy/coby6997.jpg]guess[url].
That link worked, Pat (the one you put as a link, didn't need to use the cut/paste one).

But it's almost cruel - I'm up SOOOOO late as it is - almost 6 am, been on mirc for hours re: Farscape and finally finished looking at the rest of your dragoncon pics. And now I want to look at all the masquerade pics, lol!
Old 09-12-02, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

And what's the dawn contest all about?

Can anyone enter the masquerade? If so, how come there are so many more costumed attendees that aren't in the masquerade contest?

I should turn in my geek membership card - I didn't recognize even half the costumes in the guest costume pages.
Old 09-12-02, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

You sign up for the Masquerade contest, but they only pick around 50 of the entries for display on stage. Usually they have over 100 entrants every year.
Old 09-12-02, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The Dawn contest is basically a bunch of girls getting dressed up in lingerie or leather battle garb (covering very little) with red hair and 3 tears drawn on their left cheek.

Dawn is a comic character created by Joe Michael Linsner.
Old 09-12-02, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks for the explanations, Patman.