Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

How does this Buffy episode end?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-02, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How does this Buffy episode end?

Damn my VCR!! Something happend and I didn't get the last few minutes of Amends (X-Mas episode from season 3). The last thing I got was Buffy getting tossed around by Angel right before sunrise.

Anyone know? I gotta invest in TIVO....
Old 08-01-02, 11:45 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buffy takes off, and finds Angel on a hilltop, waiting for the sun to rise. Buffy tells him there's only a few minutes left; he's aware of that. Buffy says that it doesn't matter what they told him, he can fight it. He admits that he wants to make love to her, and a part of him doesn't even care that it would cost him his soul. Buffy insists that he has the power to do good, to make amends for what he's done in the past. She refuses to go, and he hits her, knocking her to the ground. She cries, and tells him that she loves him, and that she hates how hard it is; she wishes that she wished him dead, but she doesn't. He pleads with her to let him be strong, but she counters that being strong is fighting. Suddenly, they notice that it's snowing. The sun is too cloud-covered to appear, and Angel is saved.

Oz and Willow see the snow from Willow's bedroom window, Joyce and Faith go out the front door to get a good look, Giles spots it out his window, and Xander notices the hard way (when it snows on him outside). A TV weatherman (on the TV in a store window) is commenting on the sudden cold front in Sunnydale, where it's snowing for the first time ever; the sun is not expected to show up all day. Buffy and Angel walk down the snow-covered street, hand in hand.

Last edited by Snake Plissken; 08-01-02 at 11:48 PM.
Old 08-01-02, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Snake you is da man! Thanks!
Old 08-02-02, 02:42 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's the dialogue to the missing scene if you're curious (taken from Buffy guide

Angel: I bet half the kids down there are already awake. Lying in their beds... sneaking downstairs... waiting for day.
Buffy: Angel, please. I need for you to get inside. Th-there's only a few minutes left.
Angel: I know. I can smell the sunrise long before it comes.
Buffy: I don't have time to explain this. You just have to trust me. That thing that was haunting you...
Angel: It wasn't haunting me. It was showing me.
Buffy: Showing you?
Angel: What I am.
Buffy: Were.
Angel: And ever shall be. I wanted to know why I was back. Now I do.
Buffy: You don't know. Some great evil takes credit for bringing you back and you buy it? You just give up?
Angel: I can't do it again, Buffy. I can't become a killer.
Buffy: Then fight it.
Angel: It's too hard.
Buffy: Angel, please, you have to get inside.
Angel: It told me to kill you. You were in the dream. You know. It told me to lose my soul in you and become a monster again.
Buffy: I know what it told you. What does it matter?
Angel: Because I wanted to! Because I want you so badly! I want to take comfort in you, and I know it'll cost me my soul, and a part of me doesn't care.

Angel: Look, I'm weak. I've never been anything else. It's not the demon in me that needs killing, Buffy. It's the man.
Buffy: You're weak. Everybody is. Everybody fails. Maybe this evil did bring you back, but if it did, it's because it needs you. And that means that you can hurt it. Angel, you have the power to do real good, to make amends. But if you die now, then all that you ever were was a monster. Angel, please, the sun is coming up!
Angel: Just go.
Buffy: I won't!
Angel: What, do you think this is simple? You think there's an easy answer? You can never understand what I've done! Now go!
Buffy: You are not staying here. I won't let you!
Angel: I said LEAVE!

Angel: Oh, my God...
Buffy: No! No!
Angel: Am I a thing worth saving, huh? Am I a righteous man? The world wants me gone!
Buffy: What about me? I love you so much... And I tried to make you go away... I killed you and it didn't help And I hate it! I hate that it's so hard... and that you can hurt me so much. I know everything that you did, because you did it to me. Oh, God! I wish that I wished you dead. I don't. I can't.
Angel: Buffy, please. Just this once... let me be strong.
Buffy: Strong is fighting! It's hard, and it's painful, and it's every day. It's what we have to do. And we can do it together. But if you're too much of a coward for that, then burn. If I can't convince you that you belong in this world, then I don't know what can. But do not expect me to watch. And don't expect me to mourn for you, because...

followed by the musical montage of the scooby gang witnessing the first snow fall in sunnydale history.
Old 08-02-02, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks for posting this cookies! You guys rock!
Old 08-02-02, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
There was some fine acting (for TV standards) done by both SMG and Boreanaz in that last scene of dialog between the 2 characters.