TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Osbournes - what am I missing here??

Old 06-07-02, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Osbournes - what am I missing here??

Tivo'ed an episode to see what all the fuzz was about..

I must be dumb or something, because I really didnt get it.. They chased a cat around a house? Two kids that look like rejects from losers-r-us? and a drugged out dad (yeah yeah i know) who just grosses me out?

Looked like a severe case of no content to me.. Three tivo thumbs down so far.

But - I must not be getting the point, since everyone goes crazy about this? Then Kelly performs at MTV-MA to the tune of severely boring trying to be real tough with a Suck This jacket??

Maybe I am just getting old? I didnt think I was, but maybe I am.

Dont mean to crap on everyones favorite show here, but I REALLY dont get it.

Last edited by ravan; 06-07-02 at 01:28 PM.
Old 06-07-02, 01:14 PM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

Re: Osbournes - what am I missing here??

Originally posted by ravan
Three tivo thumbs down so far.
One will do. Be careful with excessive thumbs down ... it'll adversely impact the quality of TiVo's suggestions. Also, only thumbs down a bogus suggestion TiVo actually recorded (not just something that appears in the suggestions list).
Old 06-07-02, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Re: Osbournes - what am I missing here??

Originally posted by G. Noel Gross

One will do. Be careful with excessive thumbs down ... it'll adversely impact the quality of TiVo's suggestions. Also, only thumbs down a bogus suggestion TiVo actually recorded (not just something that appears in the suggestions list).
Heh - thanks for the TiVo crash course - actually I dont even use the rating thumbs (I aimed to speak figuratively) because someone said bad things can happen if tivo records suggestions and mess up your regular season passes.

Maybe I'll try and start rating stuff and see how it works though,
thanks.
Old 06-07-02, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)

I must be dumb or something, because I really didnt get it.. They chased a cat around a house? Two kids that looks like rejects from losers-r-us? and a drugged out dad (yeah yeah i know) who just grosses me out?

Looked like a severe case of no content to me.. Three tivo thumbs down so far.

But - I must not be getting the point, since everyone goes crazy about this? Then Kelly performs at MTV-MA to the tune of severely boring trying to be real tough with a Suck This jacket??

Maybe I am just getting old? I didnt think I was, but maybe I am.

Wow. And here i thought i was the only one. I'm glad to see i'm not alone.
Old 06-07-02, 01:28 PM

You're [expletive deleted] right you don't [expletive deleted] get it, you [expletive deleted] [expletive deleted]. This is one of the best [expletive deleted] TV shows since the [expletive deleted] Sopranos.

Old 06-07-02, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Old 06-07-02, 01:39 PM
2017 TOTY Winner

I dont get it either but my coworker LOVES IT. The way he describes the episodes sounds like its a "married with children" meets "reality TV"

gee, fun.
Old 06-07-02, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I respect other people can love what I think is crap, but I was truly wondering if something very cool was passing me by.

I am guessing not.

This is not a threadcrap since the whole thread is about the show being crap.. Saying nice things about the show could be considered thread crap
Old 06-07-02, 02:06 PM
Banned

I also do not see the appeal to this TV show. I tried watching it and found it to be boring.
Old 06-07-02, 02:52 PM
Cool New Member

Originally posted by icondude
I also do not see the appeal to this TV show. I tried watching it and found it to be boring.
That is what I am saying . . . .
Old 06-07-02, 03:29 PM
zig

so.. who does like this show? heh. i don't think you're crapping on anyone's favorite show here.
Old 06-07-02, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Tivo'ed an episode to see what all the fuzz was about..

I must be dumb or something, because I really didnt get it..
Actually, it's the rest of the viewing public that's getting dumber. Don't doubt your tastes. You're one of the good ones.
Old 06-07-02, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, a lot of my friends are hooked on this show too but I just don't get it. The only good thing is Ozzy shambling around like a George Romero zombie shows what happens to you after decades of abusing your own mind and body.

Honk!
Old 06-07-02, 08:20 PM

Well, it's not my favorite show but I do enjoy watching it. I think it's hysterical to watch Ozzy be a bigger buffoon than Homer Simpson. He definitely should be the poster child for why people shouldn't use drugs.

Chris
Old 06-07-02, 08:24 PM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

Re: Re: Re: Osbournes - what am I missing here??

someone said bad things can happen if tivo records suggestions and mess up your regular season passes.
That someone's confused. By design, TiVo's suggestions are always secondary to season passes. Suggestions first to delete when space gets short. If you're really concerned, you can also prioritize your passes ... and in the recording options you can select "Save until I delete." Do that and the worse that can happen is the machine will fill up and stop recording.

The Osbournes rule, by the way.
Old 06-08-02, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I watched a couple episodes and it wasn't my thing, but it's probably because I'm not familiar at all with Ozzy Osborne, I have no idea what he's ever done.
Old 06-08-02, 01:28 AM

Fine. I'll bite.

I love the show. I mean, love it. Since it seems that demographics are being questioned here, I'll go ahead and relate mine. Twenty something, female with a brain. No puns here or I'll find you and kick you silly.

The reason why I love it. I watched this episode the first night it aired without any of the hype and I loved it then. In fact, I was convinced that since I loved it, it would most assuredly be cancelled.

Obviously, we know what happened next.

You've got Sharon the smartass, Ozzy the bumbling dad, Jack the mischievous, misunderstood son and Kelly, who plays the straight "man" to all the "jokes". Why is it so popular though? Because, for years we have known Ozzy Osbourne as "The Prince of *****ing Darkness". To see him taking out the trash, cussing out the dogs and telling his son and daughter to use a condom is almost surreal. It's like watching something that you weren't supposed to see or being caught in The Twilight Zone, only your TV set came with you.

Anyway, I love it. I understand those that don't get it. But it's not because anyone has been dumbed down. A lot of us simply find it entertaining.
Old 06-08-02, 01:39 AM

Originally posted by BlondScrnwriter
Because, for years we have known Ozzy Osbourne as "The Prince of *****ing Darkness". To see him taking out the trash, cussing out the dogs and telling his son and daughter to use a condom is almost surreal. It's like watching something that you weren't supposed to see or being caught in The Twilight Zone, only your TV set came with you.
Exactly. I only don't "get" it because I'm completely unfamiliar with him.
Old 06-11-02, 01:33 AM
Banned

nothing.

A lot of people these days will like anything that they are told is cool. Take Survivor and Eminem for instance. Pure crap being fed by corporate generated hype.
Old 06-11-02, 07:35 AM
Cool New Member

I am 29 and grew up listening to Ozzy.

The show still does nothing for me.

Now biting a head off a bat, that would be interesting. Celebrity Fear Factor Ozzy . . . . . . :-)
Old 06-11-02, 09:52 AM

I too know nothing of this Ozzy fellow and his family. I guess I should TiVo a show to see what the hype is over.
Old 06-11-02, 01:54 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Yes.. glad to see that I'm not alone here.

I finally caught an episode, because nothing else was on. I also wanted to see what the buzz was about.

What a stupid and unintersting piece of crap tv show.

I couldn't understand a damn word that Ozzy said, not to mention that almost every other word spoken by the whole family was bleeped out.
The wife was a whiny, spoiled woman. Jack was a very annoying teen kid who is very spoiled. And Kelly, what is she thinking that she can sing? My ears hurt after listening to her at the MTV Movie awards.

If people like it, thats cool. But I don't want to watch it ever again, and I'm tired of listening to people quoting it and going on and on about it at work.
Old 06-11-02, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Re: Osbournes - what am I missing here??

Originally posted by Bust
nothing.

A lot of people these days will like anything that they are told is cool. Take Survivor and Eminem for instance. Pure crap being fed by corporate generated hype.
I couldn't disagree more about Eminem being nothing but corporate generated hype. He's got tremendous talent when it comes to lyrical skills.

Back to Osbournes, I think if it existed as a stand-alone documentary it would be great. I just can't see myself tuning into the show week after week for more than one season without it getting old.

Blondscreenwriter points out why the show is so appealing to many, but the novelty seems like it will have a really short shelf-life.
Old 06-12-02, 02:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I think the show is hysterical. I've even seen "Mr. Prince of Darkness" himself in concert a few times in the 90's.

(back in my long hair rocker days)

-k
###
Old 06-12-02, 02:43 AM
wiz

I agree...I don't find this show that great. I like other shows personally...

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.