Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Best SNL skit....no poll, since my other one got ugly

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-02, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't remember the details, but the one where all the book reviewers are talking about authors on a certain subject.

you know...."Dickson-Butts"!?

I never laughed so hard, I don't think.
Old 05-22-02, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I will have to go with the old "The Question is Moot" game show skit, with Jesse Jackson as the host (early 80s).

The Buddweiser (sic) hockey commercial and "Bad Idea" jeans commercials were also great.
Old 05-22-02, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Steve Martin's A holiday wish
Old 05-23-02, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I can't believe no one has mentioned Will Ferrell's "Angry Boss" skit! It is the most over the top SNL skit I have ever seen and Will Ferrell pulls it off masterfully. "You do NOT hand in CRAP like THIS!! This looks like you took a CRAP or a DUMP in the PRINTER!! You are SCUM!! I should FIRE you and BURN down your FRIGGIN' HOUSE!! I am THIS close to RAPING YOU!! "
here Hey, if anyone can get me a copy of this clip, email me or post it up here or something. I've been looking for this for a year now.
Old 05-23-02, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,650 Likes on 1,031 Posts
Too many great ones to pick one.

I always thought the "Real World" bumpers they would run before going to commercial with Bob Dole (Norm MacDonald) were hysterical.

I will carry the image of Bob Dole in an inflatable chair to my grave

Another shout out to Celebrity Jepordy, my favorite being "I'll take the rapists for $200." "No, that's THERAPISTS, not THE RAPISTS."

I also liked Will Farrell's "Get OFF THE SHED" skit where he's just yelling at his kids off screen. I think Mariel Hemmingway played his wife.
Old 05-23-02, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by draven-x
I also liked Will Farrell's "Get OFF THE SHED" skit where he's just yelling at his kids off screen. I think Mariel Hemmingway played his wife.
That one was great. It was one of the first skits of the new cast, and they were already catching hell for not being as good as the previous cast. I remember the first time I saw that, I couldn't quite laughing.
Old 05-24-02, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I really liked Celebrity Jeopardy and Goth Talk.

The "commercials" have always been funny. The one that sticks out most in my mind is the "Schmidt's Gay" ad. It's not as funny today without knowledge of the Budwieser commercial that inspired it, but I still enjoy it.
Old 05-24-02, 11:10 AM

No one's mentioned Dan Akroyd's Super Bass-O-Matic ?!

"Wow, that's terrific bass!"
Old 05-25-02, 08:44 PM

Uncle Jemimah: Do you like drinkin'? Well, if you're like me - you like to get bit just as fast as possible. That's why I'm proud to introduce, to you, Uncle Jemimah's Pure Mash Liquor. I'm Uncle Jemimah. You probably know my wife, Aunt Jemimah, the Pancake Lady. Now, she says that sellin' booze is degradin' to our people. I always say that black folk ain't exactly swellin' up with pride on account of you flippin' flapjack! Then she say, "Why booze?" I says, "Sell what you know", and I know about booze. Uncle Jemimah's Pure Mash Liquor has a 95% alcohol content, and that's per volume. That means you get f**ked up for less money!

Tracy Morgan 2/5/00

------------------------------------------------
Mr. Tarkanian: [ stands ] You do NOT hand in CRAP like THIS!! This looks like you took a CRAP or a DUMP in the PRINTER!! You are SCUM!! I should FIRE you and BURN down your FRIGGIN' HOUSE!! I am THIS close to RAPING YOU!!

Will Ferrell
Saturday Night Live 5/5/01
------------------------------------------------

Also Brian Fellow is great!
Old 05-25-02, 10:39 PM

Dracula's not Gay skit with John Travolta has to be one of my all time favorites:

Count Dracula: What are you implying, that Renfield and I are lovers? That's absurd! First of all, he is my servant. And secondly, I am not gay! I mean, I am man of many secrets, but humping a mental defective is not one of them!
Another skit that night with John Travaltoa that had me cracking up was the "Deaf Drug Dealer". Every time I mishear someone and I think they have said something totally off the wall I always think back to this skit. I wish there was transcript available for this one.
Old 05-26-02, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just caught an old favorite the other day... "The Sinead O'Connor Awards". What took the cake for me was Dana Carvey's Paul McCartney. One of the most hilarious impressions I've ever seen, accuracy be damned. "And Mr. Record Man comes a-knock knock knocky at the door sayin 'Where's me album'? So he listens and says 'Oh I like that, but I don't like that', and ya know Sinead, they can't all be crackerjack. Every once in a while, you have to make a stinky-doo!"

And Alec Baldwin was great as Bono: "Am I buggin' ya? Hope I'm not buggin' ya. Didn't mean to bug ya!"

And of course, you got Phil Hartman with his Frank Sinatra (prefer his to Piscopo's).

Sinead: "And the award for the Entertainer Who Best Represents What Is Wrong With The Music Industry goes to... Frank Sinatra!"
Frank: "Maybe I'm from the old school, but when someone goes to the trouble to give you an award, you damn well better show up! And you don't go throwing this boycott crap in their face. I'm lookin' at YOU, Mr. Clean!"
Old 05-26-02, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 236 Likes on 169 Posts
Can't believe no one mentioned "The Last Voyage of the Starship Enterprise". John Belushi was great as Captain Kirk trying to save his ship from the network people because of bad rating. Definetly a classic.

And who can forget Dan Aykrord's skit as Julia Child who accidently cut her finger and fountain of blood keep pouring out. Pretty sick but in a funny way.
Old 05-26-02, 11:29 AM

But no one's mentioned...

Jackie Rogers Jr. $100,000 Jackpot Wad!!
"He INTRODUCES the act!"
"Chocolate babies"

Any Jeffrey's sketch, especially when Will Ferrel shows up.

Any Robery Goulet sketch, especially the one with a clearly high Jay-Z and the Red Ships at Sea one with Alec Baldwin.

And the classics:
The Sinatra Group--as is evidenced by my signature
Schimdt's Gay Beer ad
Happy Fun Ball
Schweaty Balls
Blue Oyster Cult/Cowbell

And I'm really enjoying the Spaceman Jones skits. Tracey Morgan really excells when he's the laid back guy who just shows up for a line or two. Nearly everything that's clearly created by him is really funny.
Old 05-26-02, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: But no one's mentioned...

Originally posted by pezboy
"Chocolate babies"
One of the great moments, for sure.
Old 05-26-02, 02:56 PM
Banned

Also Brian Fellow is great!
He is DA BOMB!

Currently I’m praying for more Brian Fellowes skits (“Dat goat has devil eyes!”)
Old 05-26-02, 06:09 PM

Originally posted by Kudama

He is DA BOMB!

Currently I’m praying for more Brian Fellowes skits (“Dat goat has devil eyes!”)

"I'm going to wait outside dat goats dressing room and kill it"

"oh no you not bird. I'm brain fellow!"
Old 05-27-02, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, Nathan Thurm vs. Mike Wallace was classic.

Wallace: "I'd like you to read this document...."
Thurm: "I'm not reading it. You read it...."
Wallace: "Well, I have read it, and...."
Thurm: "Then why should I?"

The sychronized swimming skit was also fantastic: "I'm not that.... STRONG a swimmer."

I also really loved the skit where Nancy Kerrigan and Chris Farley played the figure skating competitors from Luxembourg, and Nancy was really upset because her partner had just gained 150 pounds in the last few months before the Olympics. David Spade did a classic Scott Hamilton as the commentator, and Chris Farley's skating and hand gestures were just awesome.

And, as someone who doesn't really like musicals, I loved the sketch that was a takeoff of West Side Story, where Norm MacDonald was in one of the street gangs, and he was the only one who didn't know they were in a musical, and was just totally befuddled as to why his fellow gang member would all just suddenly break into some fruity song .
Old 08-01-02, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the biggest laugh i got from that show was blue oyster cult behind the music "we need more cowbell" also the schwetty balls and schwetty wiener skits also make the entire family die of laughter.
Old 08-01-02, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Wil Ferrell and his angry family skits with Sarah Michelle Gellar - "I drive a Dodge Stratus!!!"
Steve Martin's penis cream sketch - "Steve Martin's All-Natural Penis Beauty Cream.. New Formula. You know it's safe. Why? Because it's tested on animals."
Tracy Morgan as Astronaut Jones
Jon Lovitz and his Tales of Ribaldry
Love Boat : The Next Generation
Mel Gibson : Dream Gynecologist
Christopher Walken as the Continental

Last edited by planetaire; 08-01-02 at 03:56 PM.
Old 08-01-02, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wilford Brimley:
http://snltranscripts.jt.org/01/01dliberty.phtml

"Like I said, I'm not perfect. I guess.. some of the things I told you just now are downright fibs. Like the diet and exercise thing. When I said I watch my diet, I guess I mean I watch the minivan from Buddy's Barbecue pull up and unload about $200 worth of prok ribs onto my driveway. While I stand in the doorway hiding my food boulder in my Bermuda shorts."

Neil Diamond:
http://snltranscripts.jt.org/97/97ldiamond.phtml

"Neil: Ha ha ha ha ha! Yeah, well, we were driving down this dark road, and I hit a kid. [ the crowd is stunned ] So, we got out, and sure enough he was dead. So, we just took off. Pretty fast. And, two hours later, I wrote "Sweet Caroline". Sweet Caroline. Good times never seemed so good. Thank you."

Interview:
http://snltranscripts.jt.org/00/00roffice.phtml

"Scott Jurgenson: [ enters carrying a trident and a net ] Mr. Tarkanian!! I am ready to take you!! I have been LIFTING WEIGHTS and doing COCAINE all day!! And I want a BIG PIECE of YOU, sir!!"

Real Stories of the Highway Patrol:
http://snltranscripts.jt.org/98/98dpatrol.phtml

"Officer Tom Martin: Am I supposed to believe the Son of Man drives a '93 Mazda with a broken taillight? You think I'm stupid, Jesus?"

That website is the best ever!
Old 08-01-02, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Of course those are just my more recent favorites...
Old 08-01-02, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by boobietheclown
That website is the best ever!
Well other than Dvdtalk.com of course!

Old 08-01-02, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

the video for G Spot's Big Fat Toe
The Cluckin' Chicken
Old 08-01-02, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

More Cluck For Your Buck

das
Old 08-02-02, 12:14 AM

How bout the connected his and hers toilets with the romantic soft focus and the cam tracking circles around Kevin Nealon and his lady love?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.