Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

SOPRANOS repeats on HBO - when??

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-02, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
SOPRANOS repeats on HBO - when??

I've been catching up with the 3rd season of SOPRANOS every Sunday night at 8PM, but it's going to conflict with the X-FILES series finale on May 19th - so does anyone know if the SOPRANOS is repeated on any of the HBO channels during the week???
Old 05-12-02, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't believe it is repeated. Can't you record one or the other?

Brian
Old 05-12-02, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Do you really only have ONE VCR? If so, maybe you should get a friend to tape one or the other or just watch The Sopranos and Six Feet Under while taping The X-Files. I'm pretty sure the show only comes on once a week (I've been taping the west coast feed off satellite when I miss taping one).
Old 05-12-02, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
since we are on season 3, when will we begin back to season 1. I only saw one episode and hated it. But i want to give it another try.
Old 05-13-02, 11:41 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally posted by Rypro 525
since we are on season 3, when will we begin back to season 1. I only saw one episode and hated it. But i want to give it another try.
I'm not sure if they're going to. HBO started airing these episodes from the very beginning last fall. They've been on every Sunday evening and we are now down to the last few episodes of Season 3. Season 4 starts up in September, so I doubt they'll go through season 1 again. FWIW, you can rent the box sets at your local video store. I urge you to give it another chance, because it is a human impossibility to not like this show.
Old 05-14-02, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can sort of understand what he is saying about not liking it. The first episode I saw was the one that aired before the original premier of Band of Brothers, the one where Tony garrotes that other guy I liked it but didnt really see what the big deal was. Now that I've watched most every episode, I see what the big deal is

I just wish HBO would re-air the first season of Six Feet Under since I missed about half of that season.

Brian
Old 05-14-02, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by bdshort
I just wish HBO would re-air the first season of Six Feet Under since I missed about half of that season.
I'd be willing to bet that Oz and Six Feet Under will be the Sunday night shows once season 2 of Six Feet Under and season 3 of The Sopranos end (both should wrap up together on Memorial Day Weekend - isn't HBO cleaver?) Then usually the next Sunday there'd be new Sex and the City. I would not be surprised if Oz and Six Feet Under start airing at that point until all 8 new Sex and the City episodes can be played in a row. I could live with that!