Will Ferrell leaving SNL

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Will Ferrell leaving SNL

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-02, 03:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I loved Will. I'm glad he's leaving only because SNL seems to be in one of it's trendy "down" phases. Will has a great staccato way of delivering a punchline that I can't actually recall any other comedic actor ever using.

Selina
Old 05-10-02, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Buh-Bye Will.

He was my favorite by far. I love those cheerleader sketches too!

And that Old School sounds like a hoot (and a great idea - I wonder if I could rush that frat?)
Old 05-10-02, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Personally I like SNL. Yeah, it has bad episodes, but I think lately it has been really good. I love Darrel Hammond, Will Farrell, and Tracy Morgan. I admit that the woman on the show aren't great, but I certainly don't think they bring down the show.

Jimmy Fallon is funny too. I think some of the new cast is great. I think it improved a lot after a lot of their other talent left (Carvey, Meyers, Hartman, etc) and they went through a dry period.
Old 05-10-02, 03:19 PM

Originally posted by indianajdp
I haven't really watched the show much in the last two years, but WF was my favorite cast member by far. One of the funniest moments in the last few years was Ferrell's infamous "Cowbell" skit...I hadn't realy laughed out loud at an SNL skit in years until that one.
Cowbell Skit
Old 05-11-02, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Will was the one you could count on to save a lame sketch from oblivion. With him gone, all we have is Jimmy Fallon cracking himself up for the umpteenth time. Still better than Mad TV though...
Old 05-12-02, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm going to be missing Will Ferrell greatly!!! I remember when he first came on the show...GET OFF THE SHED!!!!....That was classic. It wasn't his first show but it was one of the beginning ones. He had so many awesome phrases, If the moon was made of cheese would you eat it? It's a simple question and We should clone hot dogs for currency. Like 25 hot dogs would equal a nickel! and I'm going to play the hell out of this cowbell!" I love his character on the show: Alex Trebek, the Spartan Spirit cheerleader, George Bush, music teacher, and Luvas (lovers) . I hope he has a kick ass career in movies. He was hilarious in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

Last edited by Get Me Coffee; 05-12-02 at 03:37 PM.