Old 05-02-02, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did Phoebe ever live with Monica?

If so, when?
Old 05-02-02, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yes. I can't find the episode number or title (I'll keep looking), but at one time:

- Phoebe and Rachel's apartment catch on fire, Rachel moves back in with Monica
- Rachel moves out and Phoebe moves in
- Phoebe moves to Ross's to give Monica and Chandler some space
- Phoebe moves back in after living with Ross
- Phoebe moves out again when her apartment is fixed.
Old 05-02-02, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

yes they did. it happened before rachel got there. i think she moved out at the same time that joey moved in with chandler. it was actually the episode where joey meets monica for the first time and she asks him if he wants a glass of lemonade which he takes as a request for sex. phoebe moved out because monica was being "too monica" and she thought they couldn't be friends if they lived together.
Old 05-02-02, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Phoebe moved out in the first episode, AFAIK. She had actually moved all her stuff out a couple of weeks ago but was working up the nerve to tell Monica she was moving to her grandma's.
Old 05-02-02, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by huzefa
Phoebe moved out in the first episode, AFAIK. She had actually moved all her stuff out a couple of weeks ago but was working up the nerve to tell Monica she was moving to her grandma's.
Yes you are correct. I haven't seen ep #1 in awhile. Didn't Monica start to notice things missing form the apartment? heheh Or that Phoebe took a lamp to be fixed for like a month.
Old 05-02-02, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
The episode that shows Phoebe and Monica living together before Rachel is:

"The One that Might Have Been"

where they show the Friends almost having sex with other Friends.

(i.e., Phoebe/Ross, Rachel/Chandler, Monica/Joey)
Old 05-02-02, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just watched the first episode and I don't recall this at all...hmmm....

By the way, what is "AFAIK"?
Old 05-02-02, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Toad

By the way, what is "AFAIK"?
AFAIK - As Far As I Know
Old 05-02-02, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Toad
It was on TBS last week. If what you saw was really the first episode then you did see her moving out. She was doing it piece by piece without telling Monica. There's a scene where she gets caught taking a lamp out, and claims she's taking it to be rewired. Monica says something like, 'don't take it where you took the stereo, they've had it for weeks' (because of course, it had already been moved out.
Old 05-02-02, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by renaldow

It was on TBS last week. If what you saw was really the first episode then you did see her moving out. She was doing it piece by piece without telling Monica. There's a scene where she gets caught taking a lamp out, and claims she's taking it to be rewired. Monica says something like, 'don't take it where you took the stereo, they've had it for weeks' (because of course, it had already been moved out.
Isn't the first episode when Rachel joins the group?

I think you're talking about the episode jeffkjoe mentioned.
Old 05-02-02, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by renaldow
That isn't the first episode. The first episode introduces Rachel (she shows up at Central Perk in a wedding gown, having just left Barry at the altar.)
Old 05-02-02, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by bboisvert

That isn't the first episode. The first episode introduces Rachel (she shows up at Central Perk in a wedding gown, having just left Barry at the altar.)
Yes, it shows Rachel leaving Barry, but it also shows Phoebe leaving Monica's apartment. Else where would they get the space to put Rachel?
Old 05-02-02, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes, it shows Rachel leaving Barry, but it also shows Phoebe leaving Monica's apartment. Else where would they get the space to put Rachel?
No, it doesn't show that at all. I've just seen this episode within the past few weeks. Monica dates "Paul the Wine Guy" and is tricked into sleeping with him. Joey and Chandler help Ross put together furniture now that his wife has left him (the "grab the spoon" conversation). But Phoebe does not move out in the first episode. It just doesn't happen.
Old 05-02-02, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by bboisvert

No, it doesn't show that at all. I've just seen this episode within the past few weeks. Monica dates "Paul the Wine Guy" and is tricked into sleeping with him. Joey and Chandler help Ross put together furniture now that his wife has left him (the "grab the spoon" conversation). But Phoebe does not move out in the first episode. It just doesn't happen.
Really? Ihaven't seen this episode in a while, so I'll have to believe u. Either way, it was a funny episode. The first season was awesome, they had so many interesting people on the show, now it's just the same 6 guys over and over (not that I'm complaining!).
Old 05-02-02, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think the episode where Phoebe is moving out secretly is suppose to have taken place a year before the first episode. This is while Rachel is engaged to Barry and when Joey moves in with Chandler. It's a flashback that takes place because Janis asked the group if any of them ever thought about hooking up with each other.
Old 05-02-02, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by hotaru_san

I think the episode where Phoebe is moving out secretly is suppose to have taken place a year before the first episode. This is while Rachel is engaged to Barry and when Joey moves in with Chandler. It's a flashback that takes place because Janis asked the group if any of them ever thought about hooking up with each other.
Yes, the one that we find out about Phoebe leaving Monica's aprtment is "The One With the Flashback" from season three.

I just re-watched episode 1 on DVD and all we have is Rachel coming in and Paul the Wine Guy.
Old 05-02-02, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Eternia

Yes, the one that we find out about Phoebe leaving Monica's aprtment is "The One With the Flashback" from season three.

I just re-watched episode 1 on DVD and all we have is Rachel coming in and Paul the Wine Guy.
Thanks! That's what I remember too. I just watched the first couple eps. from season 1, so I knew it wasn't there. Funny how the mind plays tricks on you though, and after seeing the flashback, you think that THAT was the first one!

Ah, good times with my Friends.