Search this Thread

Old 03-13-02, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Survivor 3/13/02

OMG!

They booted out Hunter, and his closing comments weren't complimentary

Recap:

John (the RN) was the one that needed some golden showers to cool off the stings from some prickly sea creature. Kathy was the one to supply the shower after Paschal couldn't do the deed. John then got his middle finger crunched by another sea creature, it looked pretty bad. Robert got his left big toe's underside slashed, and John had to cut away the dead skin, it was pretty gross. Those were the major injuries.

Maraamu was still a bunch of deadbeats, and Hunter got way too much face time (thus you knew his fate was sealed) and was just ripping on the 4 lazy ones.

Maraamu is now 0-5 in challenges. Rotu beat them in the reward challenge where the tribes had to build a raft and collect 5 boxes in a water course and whoever got back to the water base was declared the winner. Rotu just wanted it badder and made it the water base ahead of Maraamu. Rotu got some pillows and comforters and lanterns for their reward.

In the immunity challenge, which involved getting 3 coconuts through a maze, Maraamu took a close lead going into the 3rd coconut, but somehow that final coconut would not go down for Maraamu in time, and Rotu came from behind to win yet another challenge.

It seems Rob is "The Godfather" and he willed his way into getting his 4 into voting off Hunter, while Sarah got votes from Hunter and Gina.

Next week, they do the 3-person swap among the tribes. This is Gina's only chance to survive.

Last edited by Patman; 03-13-02 at 08:03 PM.
Old 03-13-02, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you think Survivor will pull something like they did in the Africa series in this series?
Spoiler:
That team is REALLY weak now. And whats up with the preview for next week? What's that all about? I didn't quite get it.

Last edited by BlackCapTen; 03-13-02 at 08:00 PM.
Old 03-13-02, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I've been waiting for them to try a 3-tribe format.... So maybe thats whats going to shake it up this time. At any rate, the teaser made me curious. But one thing was clear to me tongiht, this survivor is kinda weak on excitement.. i foudn myself flipping through the channels a little during the challenges.
Old 03-13-02, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm pretty certain that for next week:

Spoiler:
the 3 member per tribe swap occurs, and this will save Gina from getting the boot.

I almost forgot: Yay!
Spoiler:
Sarah survived another week!
Old 03-13-02, 09:04 PM
Zee

I'm not sure MB decides to employ the swap this time around. The teams are uneven at 8-5, how fair is it (and how boring would it be) to have two tribes split at 5-3 and 3-2? There would be absolutely no suspense. One group would automatically pick the other off. If there is a twist at all (which there -should- be) I think the three tribes idea would be most dramatic, it would work after the next bootee with each tribe containing four members. Whatever happens though, I'm sure it should be interesting. I just can't see MB sitting back and letting Gina leave so easily- he likes to shake things up. Something -will- happen.
Old 03-13-02, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The tribal swap (if that is what they are doing)
Spoiler:
is the only thing that will save the Maraamu (sp?) tribe. They are so NOT together, and they voted out one of the only ones who assumed some form of real leadership who tried to keep the tribe together in the face of their own collapse.

Gina is all alone now...and is the last one there who has any form of motivation at all...the rest of the tribe lacks motivation.

I said it to my roomie from the start, Rotu just seemed like the more fun tribe. They have managed to be loose with one another, and tonight's little "shower" showed how open they are with one another.

Go ROTU! I hate to see such a unified tribe broken up, but at this point they will SLAM the bejeezus out of Maraamu....

Agreed Plisken...I'm starting to prefer Gina over Sarah real fast...just by the fact that one is active and motivated, and the other is a friggin couch potato (minus the couch).

Last edited by harpo787; 03-13-02 at 09:11 PM.
Old 03-13-02, 09:08 PM
Banned

Gina is still the hottest of the entire cast. Sarah is starting to look disgusting with the weight loss and bug bites.
Old 03-13-02, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think a shakeup in the tribes would stink. That would chap my butt big time if I worked hard to win those challenges and then be undermined by the television producers. That vote tonight sucked.
Old 03-13-02, 10:45 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Snake Plissken
Gina is still the hottest of the entire cast. Sarah is starting to look disgusting with the weight loss and bug bites.
Gina is cute, but Sarah still looks damn good, especially with those huge funbags.
Old 03-13-02, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

They're definitely trying something to shake up the game... it looks like they might give them some sort of choice about what happens though... still, I'd rather NOT see any shakeup. After tonights moronic vote, I want to see the Marramu tribe dissapear one by one, save for Gina.

If they do anything to shake the game up I'd love to see a split to 3 tribes. That would be excellent.

Oh, and to Hunter on his closing comments!

Brian
Old 03-13-02, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've never had a problem liking someone from the other shows
enough to cheer for,but I just can't get too excited about anyone right now

Spoiler:
Hunter was the only likable one on the show IMO. And now that he's gone, I don't really have any motivation to watch on a regular basis.

Basically coming here and finding out who got voted off would work for me.
Old 03-13-02, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the outcome of the vote should have had a spoiler tag for those who haven't watched the show yet.

As for the M group, they are doomed. Apparently, they are voting with their emotions and not with their brain.

IMO, food (rice) should not have been offered as a reward if the premise of this show was not to give the survivors any food this go-around. Besides, they weren't starving.
Old 03-14-02, 12:23 AM

Hm, if they went to three groups, how would the camps work? Would they all start over? Would one group get the shaft and have to start over while the others did not? Could be interesting...
Old 03-14-02, 01:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

the Maraamu tribes members r a bunch of idiot, y the hell would u voted hunter off, he's the strongest member in their tribe. Rob is the moron, trying to rally sean, sarah, Val to vote off hunter. the Maraamu tribe is too weak and divided unlike the Rotu, which is strong and united.
Old 03-14-02, 02:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by big whoppa
[B]I think the outcome of the vote should have had a spoiler tag for those who haven't watched the show yet.
I don't understand why ANYONE who had taped the show for later viewing, would be reading this thread first. If the spoilers are removed after the last airing, I don't see the harm at all.

Agree with you regarding the rice. It's not even like they are starving.
Old 03-14-02, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

What a bunch of morons the Mammaries tribe is.

They vote off their strongest member and the one person who was working really hard all the time.

Now they're left with 4 lazy people and Gina. I hope they leave the tribes alone and one by one the Mammaries get voted off. The only one I like left is Gina. I would hate to see the Rotu tribe get broken up because the other tribe is a bunch of lazy prima donnas.

If there is no merge then I don't think Gina is gone next. Sean and V will vote together and Rob and Juggs will too. That leaves Gina as the swing vote. I see Rob getting Gina to vote with him and Juggs and getting rid of Sean then V.

Hunter's comments were funny and right on the money. They are a bunch of knuckle-heads who know nothing about camping. He was shocked to be voted off so soon. He expected to go far in the game. Too bad he was the best of the Mammaries tribe.

Gina is looking hotter by the episode.

They should have won the immunity challenge. They had a big lead on the coconut game but Rotu caught up.
Old 03-14-02, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Hunter's closing comments:

I really don't understand the logic behind it right now, but hey, you got me.

I was camping with a bunch of knuckleheads, and I'll tell you to your face when I see you again.

And I'll phone the Red Cross and let them know where you guys are so you can be air-lifted out of there after you die of starvation and dehydration after the next couple of days.

Hang in there, Gina, and I wish you guys best of luck out there.
Old 03-14-02, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I thought Rob's "The Godfather" spiel was great. He was right on in his assessment. You can make a lot of people do what you want them to do out of "fe-ah". Rob's nothing like Silas, Rob's more subtle in his overt goofball-ness. Even if he goes over with Gina (and probably Sarah) in a swap (Africa had the swap at this point in the game, after 3 were voted off), I think Rob might slither through if his tribe went to tribal council, he'd put up Gina as the one who needed to go.
Old 03-14-02, 08:00 AM
Banned

I also liked the Snickers commercial featuring the original Survivor cast. You know, the one where they were showing Richard Hatch naked and claiming that he was so hungry that he forgot to put on his pants. The disgusted looks from the other survivors was priceless.
Old 03-14-02, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
I'm still waiting for a group to come on Survivor who has actually watched and learned from earlier Survivors. I can't believe they don't get to work right away, with total teamwork, and lay low rather than voice their opinions...

Anyway, I get the feeling the M tribe is playing as if it were the second half of the game. The guys voted off Hunter because he was a threat to them...when they should have kept him for the competitions. Later, yes, smart thing is to vote him off, but not now!
Old 03-14-02, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by icondude
I also liked the Snickers commercial featuring the original Survivor cast. You know, the one where they were showing Richard Hatch naked and claiming that he was so hungry that he forgot to put on his pants. The disgusted looks from the other survivors was priceless.
You could springboard that into a Mastercard commercial!
Old 03-14-02, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I loved Hunter's comments at the end.

"I'm going to notify the Red Cross so they can rescue you"
Old 03-14-02, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
I would say look for a tribe swap. Considering how quickly this Survivor came on after the last one, I have to think that this group of Survivors never even saw Survivor: Africa (since I think they were on that island in the same time frame as the broadcast of Africa). Therefore, a swap would come as a complete surprise.

Jugs is still alive.
Old 03-14-02, 09:46 AM

I read an article that said that the current group saw the episode in Africa where the shake up of the tribes occured. They left for the island after seeing this episode.

Clint
Old 03-14-02, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I actually am enjoying the politics of the weak in this season's Survivor. This is a game, and it has nothing resembling a "perfect" society where the hard workers are rewarded with a lengthy stay on the island. This is a game of keeping around those you want to put up with the most while in the game and paring away at future physically strong contenders once the game goes into individual mode. The Maraamu tribe have been playing THAT game in the 1st phase and will be more "battle-tested" than the "happy-go-lucky" tribe of Rotu after the merge.

The ones that have been booted totally isolated themselves unknowingly by their forthrightness and lack of scheming from the get-go. Rob has been walking on a tightrope, but he's always had the numbers on his side so far, so even with Sarah as the lightning rod, his will is getting done. Supposedly, Rob was a BU college grad with the psych degree, that would explain some of his scheming in the early goings-on. He sort of reminds me of a New York version of Robert Downey Jr.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.