Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

24 - 2/12/2002

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-02, 11:45 AM
Suave Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can anyone fill me in on what was said between Jack and York/Carroll? My local FOX station cut off the sound during that exchange. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-13-02, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pretty good episode. The best part to me was when York/Carroll got into the car....I was like, "holy shit!".

I'm not totally understanding the whole Palmer thing with those dudes who provided financial backing. Could somebody clue me in on that? I don't understand what the hell is going on with that....like are they trying to help him, blackmail him, or what?

Well now we know how untrusting Palmer's wife is. Apparently, she had broken his trust 7 years ago....maybe she cheated on him. Maybe that has something to do with all this.

I still think Teri might be pregnant....that could really complicate things.

I thought it was lame how she couldn't shoot the bad guy and then everybody's struggling, she picks up a gun, and shoots him. I guess I couldn't tell if she shot him with the gun she had originally or the bad guy's gun. I'm guessing that the safety was on the gun she originally had...but I would have assumed the bad guy's gun's safety would have been on too. So all of a sudden, she realizes how to turn the safety off? I dunno...I just thought that was lame.

Yes, I agree that the Serb was totally out of left field. For awhile, I thought that Jack had the wrong dude....and that he was being sent on a wild goose chase...

Old 02-13-02, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by immortal_zeus
Well now we know how untrusting Palmer's wife is. Apparently, she had broken his trust 7 years ago....maybe she cheated on him. Maybe that has something to do with all this.
I thought that what Palmer was referring to was that she had hidden from him that their son (I believe his name is Keith?) may have committed a murder in order to avoid hurting Palmer's career.
Old 02-13-02, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Gdrlv

I thought that what Palmer was referring to was that she had hidden from him that their son (I believe his name is Keith?) may have committed a murder in order to avoid hurting Palmer's career.
You're right. I think immortal_zeus didn't remember that part.
Old 02-13-02, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Gdrlv

Oh, is that what he was referring to? Oops.

Old 02-13-02, 08:18 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by mmconhea
That was the coolest thing I have ever seen when Jack was in the front seet of the limo and that guy got in and started shooting at him and it didn't go through the glass and Jack didn't even flinch.
Actually, Jack did blink a few times... he didn't move his body, though. And I think Jack is cool, too.
Old 02-14-02, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Pretty good episode. The best part to me was when York/Carroll got into the car....I was like, "holy shit!".
Yeah - I would have liked to be that way when I saw it too. Unfortunately, I had been watching FOX all night and an ad came on during That 70's Show which totally ruined this surprise. The ad was a tiny box on the screen with dialogue and the box grew out from the center to fullscreen - by the time I realized they were doing another "give it away" teaser for 24, I'd already realized it was Jack in the limo with York/Carroll. LAME!!!!!

I still think Teri might be pregnant....that could really complicate things.
I somehow doubt this - and even if she IS, it would have to mean that she was already pregant before. The problem would still be internal bleeding related to the rough rape scenario she endured. I mean let's face it - that whole deal is REALLY oddly handled and only vaguely/irregularly brought up to remind us "oh yeah - what's up with that?". She needs to cough up some blood or something so we can know that it is more that just CRAMPS for Christ's sake! I think it is more of an attempt to raise the stakes on how dire their need to escape is (as if the threat of being killed isn't dire enough).
Old 02-14-02, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I was joking to my husband that those stomach paings are probably hunger. After all, none of these characters have had anything to eat in at least 10 hours.
Old 02-14-02, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Jadzia
I was joking to my husband that those stomach paings are probably hunger. After all, none of these characters have had anything to eat in at least 10 hours.
No kidding...and they haven't slept for a frickin' long time, too....I mean, if you think about it, most people wake up at around 7:00 or 8:00 in the morning (some earlier, some later...depending on their schedule). This show started at midnight of a certain day....so already, the people have been awake for 16 or 17 hours when the show first started...and now it's like 11:00....so they've been up 27 or 28 hours! Geez...sure, adrenaline can get you pretty far (in Jack's case), but the other people have to be frickin' tired as hell.

Old 02-14-02, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Finally watched this week's episode on tape. We're almost at the half-way point, and I think they probably enough for another 24 hours!

It amazing how they've been able to rachet up the suspense a few notches, and sprinkle some backstory nuggets which only makes us come begging for more next week.

Jack's black ops history from his mission a couple of years ago will probably allow him to finish the job he started since the bad guys have brought the war on his home turf, even if the bad guys don't know it yet. And I agree that Palmer had to be in on the intelligence committee which had full access to Jack's mission and outcome.

Terri had nothing holding her back when she offed Ethan, probably due whatever unsavory things she was made to do to him (in order to protect Kim from the horrible experience). Terri's also a pretty cool customer under pressure.

The development of "Kevin/Alan" was priceless (way to go, "24" writers!). Loved the shots into the bulletproof glass.

You sort of have to feel for Palmer, being stuck in a race for the presidency, and stuck with his wife who is becoming someone he's not too keen on anymore, though she's scheming as a protective with the means to do so would act in this situation. She's a survivor.

I "almost" felt sorry for Gaines.
Old 02-15-02, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by mmconhea
That was the coolest thing I have ever seen when Jack was in the front seet of the limo and that guy got in and started shooting at him and it didn't go through the glass and Jack didn't even flinch.
That was damn cool! Everytime I think I have something figured out, it turns out I don't know anything. I don't know how the writers can keep raising the odds for 13 more episodes.
Old 02-15-02, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Look at my post from last week's episode...looks like I might be on the right track (well except for Teri's injury)...

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=181394
Old 02-15-02, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This show has yet to disappoint me. I've been hooked since hour one, and absolutely LOVE how the tension gets ratched up slowly but noticibly each new hour. I was SO surprised with the whole Serbian angle and to see the fake dad involved! I hadn't thought that his role would be so multi-faceted. I'll echo those who have said that this is the show that I absolutely can't wait to see each week (though circumstances DO force me to wait, it is the first show I watch when I can, no question). Is it Tuesday yet?