DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   24 - 2/12/2002 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/183307-24-2-12-2002-a.html)

guildda 02-12-02 09:02 PM

24 - 2/12/2002

Loved it. The fact that time with Palmer and family was quite limited moved the hour along even faster than usual

das Monkey 02-12-02 09:09 PM

Good hour. The Serbian dude was out of left field. I expected him to be a bad guy, but not at all to that level.

das

bdshort 02-12-02 09:13 PM

They are slowly revealing more of the conspiracy.

I did miss last weeks episode, was the thing about
Spoiler:
Jacks operation in Bosnia talked about? I dont recall but I dont remember anything about this being talked about in prior episodes. I'd guess we'll find out what he was doing over there in the next couple shows

Also:
Spoiler:
I'm starting to think that this whole thing has more to do with Jack than it does with Palmer. The end of it sure made it sound like both Palmer and his ex-lawyer were working or involved with the bad guys.

and: (spoiler for next weeks show if you skipped the promo)

Spoiler:
sure glad to see that Jack finally finds his family and escapes with them. At least that's what it looks like.

Brian

kevin75 02-12-02 09:31 PM

bsdhort,

i don't think that they had revealed anything about that plot point before.

i really liked this episode. each week this show just gets better and better. i shudder to think of how good this can be by the end.

Deftones 02-12-02 09:43 PM

it's cool that Palmer remembered something about Bauer from 2 years ago. Pretty damn good episode. I didn't expect that dude to be Serbian. That was pretty crazy.

Anyone have any guesses what's wrong w/ Jack's wife? Whey does she keep having those stomach pains?

I thought it was pretty cool of that kidnapper guy to give Terry the loaded gun.

Crazy to see that guy"Alan York" or Kevin back.

Deftones 02-12-02 09:47 PM

Originally posted by kevin75
each week this show just gets better and better. i shudder to think of how good this can be by the end.
or it could be one of the biggest letdowns in tv history! hopefully it won't come to that.

Gandalf 02-12-02 09:51 PM

We knew that Bauer is somehow a target as well, so the Serbian part while still unexplained is advancing the plot. However it is quite puzzling that whatever the past connection is, it seems unbelievably serious and personal to the others, but Jack has no clue what it is!

But my problems are with some of the details: They turn to the ever-used cliche of the mom and daughter having a gun which doesn't shoot, but then they grab the other gun and kill the guy. Also, I didn't get a good look at the gun she shot with, but at that range shooting the guy while he was that close to the girl, there is a significant chance that the bullet goes through and hits the girl as well...

Venusian 02-12-02 10:27 PM

the mom mentioned that jack went away on a training thing (she said it was probably a mission) and came back all weird. that is when they got separated. maybe this all ties in

huzefa 02-12-02 10:39 PM

I wanna see Jack beat the crap out of that Alan York guy; he just pisses me off.

Gdrlv 02-13-02 12:08 AM

Great, action-packed episode. Ted Koffel being Serbian definitely arrived out of left-field...I half expected them to reveal that Jack had made a rather terrible mistake for a little while. This show does keep getting better and better. It's the only show on TV where I can't wait for the next episode...

AJW 02-13-02 01:53 AM

I was really looking forward to seeing Jack shove that towel down the bad guy''s throat, waiting for his stomach to start digesting it and then ripping it back up so the stomach lining comes up with it.

Great episode and some nice surprises too.

As for the sneak preview spoiler shown for next week's episode,

Spoiler:
do you think Jack really escapes with his wife and daughter or will they be stopped and recaptured so Jack has to do their bidding again? I'm hoping they get away safely so we can learn what the bad guy's plan b is

ten41 02-13-02 02:40 AM

I thought they gave up too much in the spoiler for next week. Unless there is another twist.

das Monkey 02-13-02 08:38 AM

Yeah, thanks for the SPOILER tags. A guy I work with told me they revealed way too much in the preview, so definitely SPOILER that information if you saw it. Thanks.

das

JuryDuty 02-13-02 08:46 AM

I noticed something last night that I think implicates someone...

Spoiler:
Right after Jack got in the car with the Serbian guy, the Serbian guy gets a "sudden" call to meet York in the garage. I think Tony--the ONLY other person who knew Jack was in the car with Serbian guy--clued the bad guys in. After all, it's right now that the bad guys are desperate to find Jack. I think Jack's heading into a trap, and Tony's part of it.

Venusian 02-13-02 08:54 AM

Originally posted by JuryDuty

Spoiler:
Right after Jack got in the car with the Serbian guy, the Serbian guy gets a "sudden" call to meet York in the garage. I think Tony--the ONLY other person who knew Jack was in the car with Serbian guy--clued the bad guys in. After all, it's right now that the bad guys are desperate to find Jack. I think Jack's heading into a trap, and Tony's part of it.

Spoiler:
york didn't seem to know that jack was in the car. also if tony was in on it, i dont think he would have been so hard on jamie. if he is in on it, he has a lot of explaining to do for his behavior

Venusian 02-13-02 08:57 AM

i thought jack might be wrong about the ted koffel, after all they can't be right 100% of the time. or i guess they can if they are trying to fit all the different plot twists in

mmconhea 02-13-02 09:16 AM

That was the coolest thing I have ever seen when Jack was in the front seet of the limo and that guy got in and started shooting at him and it didn't go through the glass and Jack didn't even flinch.

Gandalf 02-13-02 09:48 AM

Originally posted by JuryDuty

Spoiler:

Tony didn't know yet that Jack was in the car with Koffel. He only called later, when they stopped, and Nina was surprised to hear he kidnapped Koffel.

Bandoman 02-13-02 09:48 AM

They mentioned in either last week's episode or the week before that Jack had gone away on an extended mission, and when he came back he was very withdrawn and depressed, which caused his separation form his wife.
Spoiler:
I'm betting Jack killed some people, maybe inadvertently killed women/children, relatives of the Serbians who are trying to derstroy Jack. How that ties in the the Palmer assassination attmept I don't know

What did Palmer say he remembered about Jack? I missed that line (my wife picked that moment to ask me a question).

Venusian 02-13-02 09:53 AM

Originally posted by Bandoman

What did Palmer say he remembered about Jack? I missed that line (my wife picked that moment to ask me a question).

his chief of staff did some background checks and said its the usual. a bunch of gaps that are classified. palmer asked if one of those was two summers ago. the cheif said "yes, how'd you know". Palmer said we'll get to that later, we have other things to take care of first.

Dr. Rosenrosen 02-13-02 10:06 AM

Loved the episode, though I'm almost disappointed that some new thing (the Serbia connection) may be the driving force for everything we've seen so far. I hope the wrap-up episode(s) don't pull a similar trick.

I love the main baddies so far-- Gaines and York/Carroll. I hope they survive for a bit more.

I don't see how Tony could possibly be in on the conspiracy; I think he's a prick with a sense of right and wrong. Note that Gaines said that he had only one person on the inside at CTU-- unless his boss has more.

I'm glad to see the motives have moved past political assassination and into revenge. Though I still think some kind of robbery will also be important; otherwise, why go through all these expensive machinations?

Good catch by those who noted that the Serb mission coincided with Jack's separation. My question-- what could a sitting senator (Palmer) have to do with an operation in Serbia two years ago? I find it hard to believe a senator could be a major player in an intelligence mission-- that's executive branch stuff.

Bandoman 02-13-02 10:34 AM

Originally posted by Venusian

his chief of staff did some background checks and said its the usual. a bunch of gaps that are classified. palmer asked if one of those was two summers ago. the cheif said "yes, how'd you know". Palmer said we'll get to that later, we have other things to take care of first.

Thanks Venusian.

doughelm - Maybe Palmer was on an intelligence subcommittee or something where he was in on the mission. Maybe Palmer will the one who saves Jack, just as Jack saves him. Hmmmm......

Geofferson 02-13-02 10:40 AM

Good episode and yeah, the foreign guy really caught me by surprise.

Rico Diablo 02-13-02 10:47 AM

Originally posted by mmconhea
That was the coolest thing I have ever seen when Jack was in the front seet of the limo and that guy got in and started shooting at him and it didn't go through the glass and Jack didn't even flinch.
Absolutely! Jack Bauer kicks @$$!

It seems a little gruesome, but re: Jack's wife's stomach pains, I wonder if when she was "with" Gaines's henchman he did some damage to her, if you know what I mean. He might have been brutal with her and caused some internal bleeding or something.

That was some heavy stuff when she went in place of her daughter.

And those previews are awful! They give so much away! I hate them. The first one I couldn't believe was a while back when the girl was in a coma and they needed to talk to her to find Jack's daughter. We didn't know if she would come out of it or not, but then in the preview we see she has woken up. What's the point of a cliffhanger if you wreck it seconds later?

I dig this show.

Nazgul 02-13-02 11:12 AM

Originally posted by doughelm

My question-- what could a sitting senator (Palmer) have to do with an operation in Serbia two years ago? I find it hard to believe a senator could be a major player in an intelligence mission-- that's executive branch stuff.

Actually there is a senate comittee that has oversight authority on all intelligence missions. Any 'Black' missions must be presented to this small group of senators so they can validate the mission, otherwise it is highly illegal. My guess is thst Palmer
Spoiler:
was either the charman or member of this committee and he pushed for the mission to be approved