Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

er 1/31:

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-02, 04:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
er 1/31:

I KNEW that Rachel biotch was gonna be major trouble...just how much more grief are they gonna put this poor family through?...I vote that they shift some of the grief to Weaver...she needs to seriously pay for what she did to Jing-Mei (Deb).
Old 02-01-02, 06:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Just when you think it can't go anymore wrong for Mark Greene, you just knew by the title of the episode, "The Damage Is Done," that it was going to get worse.

Elizabeth is sick on a Saturday, and Rachel volunteers to watch her her baby sister while Elizabeth gets some rest and Mark goes to work. Well, as misfortune would have it, the baby somehow found Rache's stash of ecstasy in her book bag and ate a couple of pills. This totally messed up the baby, and while it was touch-n-go at the ER (they had to inhalate because the baby's lungs were filling up with fluid), they were able to stabilize the baby's condition but at what cost? The side-effects of drugs being introduced into a baby were staggeringly sad (mainly under-developed brain function seems to be the biggest tragic side-effects). Elizabeth is totally angry at Rachel (as well she should be), and Mark was put in a place of being so mad and yet had to subsume his anger and still let Racher know that he loved her in spite of what occured.

It was a tough set of events, and it paves an even bumpier road for both Mark and Elizabeth. I hope they send Rachel packing, send her back to her mom's.

On the other fronts, Deb is still giving Weaver attitude, and Weaver is being assigned paperwork help from Susan by Romano (Weaver was not happy about this lessening of responsibility). Loved it when Frank told Weaver that she's going straight to hell for being a lesbian.

Carter's mom is trying to "be there" with a leukemia child patient, trying to make up for her past absences with ailing family members. Carter is conflicted by her renewed attention to this patient.

Abby is now getting stuck in the arguing neighbors scenario because she took in the female neighbor who was running away from her abusively loud husband.

The army doc is allergic to dogs. That blind man had some seriously gross long toe-nails. Ewww....
Old 02-01-02, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Weaver: "I don't want a divisive staff"
Chen: "Then why don't you quit?"

I thought she "kinda" made up at the end though when she said goodbye to Keri. And she was the one who insisted that Keri take over the treatment of Mark's baby.
Old 02-01-02, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally posted by Kal Jedi
Weaver: "I don't want a divisive staff"
Chen: "Then why don't you quit?"

I thought she "kinda" made up at the end though when she said goodbye to Keri. And she was the one who insisted that Keri take over the treatment of Mark's baby.
I kinda felt that Deb wanted Weaver in there so she would order Mark to step back and let someone else treat the baby. He sure wasn't going to listen to Deb and needed the boss there.
Old 02-01-02, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Patman
It was a tough set of events, and it paves an even bumpier road for both Mark and Elizabeth. I hope they send Rachel packing, send her back to her mom's.
Maybe this will be how Mark leaves the show. The girl is horrible, I hope Elizabeth makes her life hell, maybe her mom could come back on the show and do some magic (oops Charmings reference).
Old 02-01-02, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: Chicago, only a stone's throw from Chicago (even if you throw like a girl)
I typically avoid all the promos for 'next week's er' and do my best to avoid the commercails in the week. But After last nights episode, I had to watch it.

Spoiler:
I think Mark's exit is going to center around Rachel. The promos show Elizabeth essentailly telling Mark that he has to choose betweeen Ella (the baby) and Rachel. I think Eliazabeth wants Rachel sent a packin'.

Personally, I cannot figure out how they are going to remove Mark from the show and still leave Elizabeth. MY only explanation is that Mark has to die. I really doubt Mark is going to up and leave Elizabeth and a baby and get divorced to take care of Rachel.

Unless the baby dies.

SPY
Old 02-01-02, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think the baby will die, Elizabeth will say she can't not be around Racheal with out thoughts of the baby. Mark will decided that he can not abandon his daughter and they will move on. But who knows. It would be alot more heart felt departure if he was to die. And seeing that this is Feburary Sweeps, that would be a more logical exit. I remember reading a while ago that George Clooney said he would come back if Anthony Edwards ever left. Wonder if that will happen???
Old 02-01-02, 12:41 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by BDLOU
I remember reading a while ago that George Clooney said he would come back if Anthony Edwards ever left. Wonder if that will happen???
Whaaaaaaaat? Why? Was there some personality conflict or something? George is doing pretty well in movies now, too.
Old 02-01-02, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No...i guess i didn't say that right. He said he would come back for one episode. Just to see Anthony off.
Old 02-01-02, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

dang, is mark greene ever going to get a normal life?

great episode tho.
Old 02-01-02, 06:21 PM

I still think that Mark is going to die from a brain tumor. Especially since the Feb 28th episode is entitled "It's All in Your Head."
Old 02-01-02, 06:51 PM
AJP
Suspended - needs to provide a working email

Originally posted by Wag The Frog
I still think that Mark is going to die from a brain tumor. Especially since the Feb 28th episode is entitled "It's All in Your Head."
Like you, I think the possibility of the baby dying/divorce scenario is a fake out and they will come back to the brain tumor. Over the holidays it seemed the ER reruns in the Thursday 10 PM slot were the episodes dealing with the original diagnosis and treatment of Greene's tumor. I would think this was so that people who missed them could catch up on something that will be relevant in future shows.
Old 02-02-02, 12:07 AM

Spoiler:
the tv guide synopsis says "mark again faces his worst nightmare" .... either that means rachel OD's or the brain tumor is back....
Either way, he's got about 7 episodes left under contract...
Old 02-02-02, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,729 Likes on 1,884 Posts
Yet another Mark Greene exit scenario:

Spoiler:

Maybe he'll go to prison for letting that murderer die in the elevator. That would remove him from the series, but still keep Elizabeth around.

Last edited by Josh-da-man; 02-02-02 at 01:46 AM.
Old 02-02-02, 01:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: Chicago, only a stone's throw from Chicago (even if you throw like a girl)
I was under the impression that his contract was not up till the end of the season. If he only has a handful of epsiodes left, I predict that divorce is out of the question. Too many things to resolve in a short period of time. I think Mark will bite the big one.

Too horrible to think about.

SPY
Old 02-02-02, 04:25 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by bothanspy
I think Mark will bite the big one.

Too horrible to think about.
I think it's inevitable... I mean, the writers have given him the short end of the stick in every other part of his life. They're running out of ways they can screw his character. "How else can we ruin this guy's life?" "HEY! Let's kill him!" "Yeah, great idea!"
Old 02-02-02, 11:31 AM

They wont' bring back the Murderer plotline... They abandoned it at the first episode and never mentioned it again. Something big will happen next week.. its FEB sweeps... I mean they killed off Lucy during FEB sweeps. The "mark is leaving" plotline has to start off now if they're going to milk it for all its worth.

By the way, a whole episode without LUCA! WOOOHOOOO
Old 02-02-02, 05:59 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally posted by ClarkKentKY

By the way, a whole episode without LUCA! WOOOHOOOO
he's off saving lives in bosnia isn't he, you know for a month or 6 weeks or so.

In actuallity docs who do that service he is doing sign up for a minimum 6 months, and normally 1 year
Old 02-03-02, 09:50 AM

According to NBC, here is their description of next week's episode:

Spoiler:
WILL DR. GREENE'S FAMILY FALL APART? CAN ABBY PROTECT BATTERED NEIGHBOR? MARY MCDONNELL AND MICHAEL GROSS GUEST-STAR -- While their baby daughter continues to fight for her life, Dr. Greene (Anthony Edwards) has sharp words with his wife, Dr. Corday (Alex Kingston), after she orders Rachel (Hallee Hirsh) out of their home while Abby (Maura Tierney) might regret championing a battered female neighbor (guest star Christina Hendricks) who refuses to press charges against her abusive husband (guest star Matthew Settle). Elsewhere, some bad munchies soon have everyone scurrying for the bathroom as Kovac (Goran Visjnic) returns to help out a short-handed staff. In addition: Dr. Carter (Noah Wyle) confronts his mother (guest star Mary McDonnell, "Dances with Wolves") over issues of emotional abandonment and gets a surprise visit from his father (guest star Michael Gross, "Family Ties"); the ER team treats an elderly "polar bear" swimmer with heart problems; a fearful 15-year-old girl with vaginal bleeding, and a recent lottery winner who's unlucky enough to have been stabbed by a falling icicle; a diminutive lap dancer (guest star Debbie Lee Carrington) who accidentally swallows a customer's wedding ring. Laura Innes, Paul McCrane, Ming-Na and Sherry Stringfield also star.

And if you noticed in the preview,
Spoiler:
they show Greene on the floor again, like when the tumor first appeared

Then, NBC describes the following episode with:

Spoiler:
- Elizabeth takes Ella to the neurologist while Mark pays a visit to his own.
- Abby is enraged to discover that her attacker has cut a deal. She later seeks out Luka, only to find another woman at his apartment.
- Kerry treats a little girl who's father has been shot, and is astounded when she learns the circumstances behind the incident.
- Chen holds her own during a chaotic shift and tries to avoid an admirer. PS - Jerry's back.

I think that
Spoiler:
Mark pays a visit to his own (neurologist)
means that
Spoiler:
the tumor has returned, and it will kill him
. Of course, it could just be another elaborate trick to throw us off but I don't think so.