Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Reminder -- New Ed on tonight!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-02, 04:14 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Reminder -- New Ed on tonight!

Just a reminder to tune in to NBC at 7:00 tonight for a new episode of one of the best shows on television...Ed!

Old 01-30-02, 04:46 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Aw yeah. And just to clarify... 8 PM EST, 7 PM CST.
Old 01-30-02, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Enjoyed it, but what's with Ed shows taking on issues of ethics? I say leave that to The Practice. Ed's much more fun just being a fun show.
Old 01-30-02, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
No $10 buck bet!!
Old 01-30-02, 11:09 PM
Admin Emeritus

Is Ed still holding a blowtorch for Carol? She says that she must really like this new girl (Kate?), and he's like, "Eh." He said something much more affirmative, but it had all the strength of an "Eh" behind it. But then he says... well, just read my sig. So, even though he might not be over Carol, I guess he does care about Kate. Even though all he knows about her is that she has a big heart, she's an embezzler, and she'll lie to your face if it means she gets to eat your fries.

How do the writers manage to write so many cringe-worthy situations? For example, Sherlock Nancy. Geez. I wanted to fast forward past that bit. Maybe it's because I care about the characters, and I hate seeing them in bad situations? Dang you, writers, for making me care about the characters!
Old 01-31-02, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I like the new word Carol used when told of the roast for the 9 year old, "Stubbsian". Speaking of the roast, a Phil Stubbs idea finally paid off!
Old 01-31-02, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by Static Cling
How do the writers manage to write so many cringe-worthy situations? For example, Sherlock Nancy. Geez. I wanted to fast forward past that bit. Maybe it's because I care about the characters, and I hate seeing them in bad situations? Dang you, writers, for making me care about the characters!
That's how I feel in about half of Warren's scenes.
Old 01-31-02, 03:33 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally posted by clemente
That's how I feel in about half of Warren's scenes.
Word... except I think I'm closer to 75%. His meltdown at the restaurant, trying to get that table, with Jessica standing there... eeeeek.
Old 01-31-02, 03:38 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Word... except I think I'm closer to 75%. His meltdown at the restaurant, trying to get that table, with Jessica standing there... eeeeek.
Nice sig BTW.
Old 01-31-02, 05:48 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally posted by Geofferson
Nice sig BTW.
Thanks!
Old 01-31-02, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just curious about something. I have seen the name Kevin Murphy as one of the writers of Ed in the past few episodes. Is this the same Kevin Murphy from Mystery Science Theater 3000? He was one of the writers and was the voice of Tom Servo. I hope so cuz he probably needs the pay hehe .

Clint
Old 02-01-02, 12:07 AM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's funny that cringe-worthy situations came up, since I saw one of the best ones this week on Gilmore Girls. I don't know how many of you watch Gilmore Girls, but the scenes between Lorelei and her dad were so awkward that it made me uncomfortable. I was surprised at how strong a reaction I had, I didn't want to even look at the screen since I like both characters so much. I'm reminded of a show that made an art out of awkward moments, Relativity. Does anyone remember this show?
Old 02-03-02, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Is Ed still holding a blowtorch for Carol? She says that she must really like this new girl (Kate?), and he's like, "Eh." He said something much more affirmative, but it had all the strength of an "Eh" behind it. But then he says... well, just read my sig. So, even though he might not be over Carol, I guess he does care about Kate. Even though all he knows about her is that she has a big heart, she's an embezzler, and she'll lie to your face if it means she gets to eat your fries.

static, you and i are thinking much the same thing. the scene when nancy first came into the classroom was just cringe city. now to the last scene....

ed will never be over carol. first, it's tv, but secondly, i can speak from experience on this one, when you find the perfect girl and she's not interested in you, it is tough to get over soon if ever. once you find her, there is no comprimise after that because everyone else will have to measure up to her. that scene at the end that is in your sig. was absolutely incredible. the look that ed gave carol and then when he walked off the look that carol gave ed without him seeing, i kinda think that maybe we will see the two of them together sooner rather then later. if for no other reason then the show is in a possibly precarious position with nbc.