Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Smallville 1/29

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-02, 11:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smallville 1/29

Great episode just for the Clark/Lana dynamic almost following through......best line that made me yell at Superman....
Lana, "Look, we missed it."...

I can tell the season is going to end great!
Old 01-29-02, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
when clark said something about not planning it ahead of time (meeting with lana) and his friend told him he wasn't the flying type (as in flying by the seat of his pants)
I like the little 'superman' jokes like that one
Old 01-29-02, 11:30 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

I liked this week's show. The mace shattering effect was very cool and I liked the fact that kyrptonite wasn't used at tedium yet again.

Edit: I found my answer. Next week is not the season finale.

Last edited by Flay; 01-29-02 at 11:36 PM.
Old 01-30-02, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well that was enjoying and frustrating all at the same time. But then, what would Clark be if he wasn't the goody-two-shoes we all know's gonna turn to Supes...
Old 01-30-02, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought they were really going to kiss. I should've known better. Damn Clark has to be a nice guy and at the end he gets sad. That's what he gets. Anyways...good show and as someone said he wouldn't be Clark without being too nice.
Old 01-31-02, 04:47 PM
Banned

Anyone freaked that Clark always spies on Lana? The last scene was disturbing.
Old 01-31-02, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Snake Plissken
Anyone freaked that Clark always spies on Lana? The last scene was disturbing.
So that's what the big S on his chest and cape stands for....STALKER.

Old 01-31-02, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
I forgot to post this the other week
but when the episode with the bad cop showed why he'll pic his logo
the metropolis pd badge is the diamond, and the ancient armor had the s on it

Originally posted by immortal_zeus

So that's what the big S on his chest and cape stands for....STALKER.

Old 02-01-02, 04:51 AM

Info, please...night, channel, time? Am I correct in assuming that this show is set during Clark's teen years? I hope so, as I especially enjoyed the beginning of Superman...The Movie...
Old 02-01-02, 06:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
No, the current Smallville show is set in present day, 2002. It's a big "What if" Clark Kent is now growing up in Smallville, rather than 14 years ago (Superman tends to hover around 28-30 years of age in the comics).

I enjoyed the character development of Clark in this episode very much.

He's destined never to quite "hook up" with Lana, but she is his first serious love crush. He is shown to make noble decisions (due in large part to the rearing by his parents), while selflessly give up his personal hapiness to alleviate the pain of others (in this case, Whitney) because that's who he is at the core of his being. It's a damn shame because Clark and Lana are so cute together. It's a bittersweet relationship of "what could have been". for those who know the lore of Superman.

The inclusion of Chloe as being Clark's counterpart in pining over someone (Clark) who isn't available to be love them them, it totally completes the "Love hurts when only one's in love" triangle going on right now on the show.

It looks like Pete Ross is finally getting his growth spurt because he definitely is getting taller and putting on some weight.

Lex is also shown to have a little compassion in the way he has to dismiss an entire family of servants due to their daughter having a huge crush on him, and offered to pay for the psychiatric help that she needs. That was a classy move on his part. His relationship with Victoria and his own father is going to get really complicated really soon.

Next week appears to be the dream episode - all of Clark's nightmares are shown in frightening technicolor.

Last edited by Patman; 02-01-02 at 09:13 AM.
Old 02-01-02, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

WB tuesdays at 9pm
Clark is in high school and is just discovering some of his powers

Originally posted by Stangman68
Info, please...night, channel, time? Am I correct in assuming that this show is set during Clark's teen years? I hope so, as I especially enjoyed the beginning of Superman...The Movie...
Old 02-01-02, 05:59 PM
BT
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hawking music at the end of the show?

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before when the show first came out, but I'm wondering what everyone's thoughts were on how WB advertises the music they play on the show at the end after the credits have rolled.

I've only been watching Smallville for a few weeks now and enjoy the show immensely. The first time I saw the "music from the show" thing at the end I was kind of surprised b/c I'd never seen that before. I know that Alley McBeal I think was one of the first tv shows to capitalize on selling the music of an artist along with the show. After a little bit I think I kind of liked the idea of it all. Knowing who the artist is so I can go check out their music.

But back to the episode, that was a great one. I love the inside Superman jokes they lay in there. I hope this show lasts long enough to have them released on DVD.

-BT
Old 02-01-02, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I'm pretty sure "Tonight's show used songs from..." has been a staple part of the WB's ad strategy on all their teen-based shows, since at least the beginning of Dawson's Creek...