Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Er 1/10/02

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-02, 10:16 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Er 1/10/02

Great episode. Poor Abby. Poor Carter. And I still can't believe Malik & Susan went to the hockey game with the dead guy's tickets! Can they do that?! And is anyone else tired of Greene's storyline with his kid? Although it does make me think about what I'd do if I had a kid like that.

I'm really looking forward to the next episode.
Spoiler:
The Revenge of Ming-Na... awwww, yeah! Watch out, Weaver! You're busted! I hope Ming-Na gets her job back, and Weaver goes down, big time.

Fire bad!
Old 01-11-02, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i was hopin carter would freak when he saw his attacker but he didnt.
Old 01-11-02, 10:16 AM

Maybe I missed it, but I wanted to know what was said on the note that Carter got from the attacker's wife.

And Im glad that Ming-Na is back I always like her

Im tired of Green's kid too. But seeing that this is his last season Im figuring that she(the kid) will be involved with him leaving
Old 01-11-02, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by IdgIe49
i was hopin carter would freak when he saw his attacker but he didnt.
you mean, getting all nervous and throwing up in the bathroom wasn't freaking out?

i was also really curious to see what was on the note.

this was a great episode. poor abby. so underappreciated. no one wished her a happy birthday. does anyone think that
Spoiler:
she'll be getting back on the alcoholic wagon?
Old 01-11-02, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

no freakin out would have been Carter beating the britches off that guy thats what i meant by freaking out
Old 01-11-02, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

People on the show should not have ignored Abby. She is too hot to ignore. At least her new neighbor wished her a happy birthday. I was getting ticked at Susan when she started getting all "I am the doctor" on Abby.
Old 01-11-02, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,211 Likes on 2,071 Posts
Originally posted by IdgIe49
no freakin out would have been Carter beating the britches off that guy thats what i meant by freaking out
Yeah, there was a little piece of me hoping Carter would go apesh*t on the guy and maybe flip his gurney over or something, but then we would have had to deal with the inevitable episodes were Carter was disciplined with all sorts of boring meetings and useless hearings that they love to do so much on this show

This was actually a very good show. I thought Noah Wyle's acting was amazing. The look on his face when he heard that guy's voice was priceless.

Considering Susan and Carter are now an item, I thought it was a little strange that she seemed to care less that that was the guy who almost killed poor Carter.

I almost puked when they snapped that bum's finger off, Ghha!

I had actually forgotten that Abby is a recovering alcoholic until my roommate mentioned it. Did she also have an abortion or something that I can't remember, because she seemed pretty torn up every time she looked at a child.
Old 01-11-02, 05:32 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally posted by GoldenJCJ
I had actually forgotten that Abby is a recovering alcoholic until my roommate mentioned it. Did she also have an abortion or something that I can't remember, because she seemed pretty torn up every time she looked at a child.
Oh, wow, good point. I didn't realize that... and she had a drink with her neighbor at the end. I don't think she had an abortion or anything, but maybe her birthday (another year older), coupled with her ex coming back and telling her that he wanted kids, plus how almost everything had something to do with children (the woman who was taking fertility drugs, the dead woman with the kid, the schizo who stabbed Carter and his wife with their kid)... maybe it was just like one thing after another.

Fire bad!
Old 01-11-02, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts
Didn't you guys watch the opening recap where the showed scenes from past episodes where Abby admits to her mother that she had an abortion because she was afraid that her kid would end up with severe bi-polar disorder like her mother?

Also in the recap was Carter asking Abby how long she had been sober for.
Old 01-11-02, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I hate green's new daughter, not only is it a new actress but she's got a totally different personality too, and this actress always plays bitches. She's had a few law and order guest roles. She's like 12 and already type cast

also, I don't think weaver's new girl friend is nearly as attractive as the previous one
Old 01-11-02, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,211 Likes on 2,071 Posts
Originally posted by sherm42
Didn't you guys watch the opening recap where the showed scenes from past episodes where Abby admits to her mother that she had an abortion because she was afraid that her kid would end up with severe bi-polar disorder like her mother?

Also in the recap was Carter asking Abby how long she had been sober for.
Actually, I missed it. I was watching survivor, and it ran long, and Er always seems to start a few minutes early so there was some overlap. I turned to it right when Abby was leaving her apartment and bumped into her new neighbors.

As a matter of fact, being that I usually watch CSI before ER, I don't think I've seen the opening recap all season. I wish shows started and ended when they are supposed to.

Thanks for recapping for us though.

Last edited by GoldenJCJ; 01-12-02 at 01:05 AM.
Old 01-11-02, 11:24 PM
Admin Emeritus

Yeah, seriously. That does add a little bit more to the meaning of some of the stuff that went on.

Fire bad!
Old 01-12-02, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by mikehunt
I hate green's new daughter, not only is it a new actress but she's got a totally different personality too, and this actress always plays bitches. She's had a few law and order guest roles. She's like 12 and already type cast
Yes I remember seeing her before playing the same type of character. I am guessing she will have something to do with the plotline when Green leaves the show. This is his last season, correct?
Old 01-12-02, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I think so

Originally posted by Eternia

This is his last season, correct?
Old 01-12-02, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I think it's a testament to Maura Tierney's acting abilities to carve out such a good character in Abby. Abby's a favorite of mine on the show, and while it was good to see her "showcased", it does indicate she's got some serious issues, and I really hope she's doesn't fall off the wagon completely (remember how hard she was on Carter when he almost swallowed some pain pills he found on some patient?)

I thought Abby might have taken the boy home with her for that one night until his dad came to pick him up and deal with the boy's dead mother. Her new neighbors are trouble.

Was that really Sally Field's voice wishing Abby a happy birthday?

Does it seem like they are going to write out Luka with his "I'm going to Bosnia for a couple of months" to donate his time to charity line?

Mark Greene's daughter will most likely be the reason why Mark will have to leave County General and pursue a "normal" medical job with normal hours. But Elizabeth will still be able to work at County General.

The thing about Susan is that she was always one who didn't let personal feelings get in her way of patient care (of course, she hasn't been stabbed by a schizo-patient before either).

I liked the way Carter handled himeself, and then chewed out his mom.

It was weird seeing "Paris" from Gilmore Girls play the wife of the recovering schizo.

I think it's going be great to see Deb get her old job back, and by walking all over Weaver to get it back. I'm really looking forward to it, and wondering how Weaver will be weaseling her way out of this jam. Deb looks great with the longer hair.
Old 01-12-02, 11:05 PM

Did anyone else notice that Bentons name was still
on his locker?
Old 01-12-02, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: Chicago, only a stone's throw from Chicago (even if you throw like a girl)
Originally posted by mikehunt

also, I don't think weaver's new girl friend is nearly as attractive as the previous one
I just had a thought,

Both Mark's daughter and Jennifer Aniston's character are named Rachel Green.

SPY
Old 01-13-02, 12:20 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally posted by Patman
I think it's a testament to Maura Tierney's acting abilities to carve out such a good character in Abby. Abby's a favorite of mine on the show, and while it was good to see her "showcased", it does indicate she's got some serious issues, and I really hope she's doesn't fall off the wagon completely (remember how hard she was on Carter when he almost swallowed some pain pills he found on some patient?)
Maura Tierney is definitely one of my favorite actresses working today. Do you think that this show will lead to Abby falling off the wagon?
It was weird seeing "Paris" from Gilmore Girls play the wife of the recovering schizo.
No kidding... I posted that in the Gilmore Girls thread. I expected her to pull a Paris and completely freak out at some point.
I think it's going be great to see Deb get her old job back, and by walking all over Weaver to get it back. I'm really looking forward to it, and wondering how Weaver will be weaseling her way out of this jam. Deb looks great with the longer hair.
I'm glad I'm not the only person who feels this way. I REALLY hope this case, if it comes down to a legal matter, goes Deb's way... if Deb loses due to some technicality, I will be sooooooo ticked. And Deb has ALWAYS looked great.

Abby good!

Last edited by Static Cling; 01-13-02 at 12:29 PM.
Old 01-13-02, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by bothanspy

I just had a thought,

Both Mark's daughter and Jennifer Aniston's character are named Rachel Green.

SPY
Mark's last name has 3 e's in it "Greene".
Old 01-17-02, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,081 Likes on 656 Posts
Originally posted by btlives
Did anyone else notice that Bentons name was still
on his locker?
Wasn't this episode a rerun?
Old 01-17-02, 12:34 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally posted by brianluvdvd