DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
24 - 1/8/02

New episode tonight...tune in!

Old 01-08-02, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
Spoiler:
I knew from episode one that what's her name....Jaime, had to be the mole! I knew it! This show just gets better and better...next weeks looks great too, can't wait!
Old 01-08-02, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, so far everything we've predicted has come true. The fake dad. The mole. A little melo-dramatic but cool nonetheless. I still think it's absurd that it got a Golden Globe nod, but I sure do watch it every week, and it looks like things are getting more interesting. I keep wondering how they can draw this out for 24 episodes, but I'm sure they'll figure something out. I wonder if they've finally gotten around to writing the second half of the season.

das
Old 01-08-02, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

looks like the assassination attempt will go down in the next two episodes, they'll have to stretch after that.

knew she was the mole once the guy said she could be trusted.

surprised they showed nina get up, i figured they'd wait till next episode
Old 01-08-02, 10:22 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great episode. I was thinking that it would be too obvious if Goatee Guy were the mole. From the previews, it looks like he and Nina are going to get together and start working on saving the day.

Speaking of Nina... when Jack shot her, I flipped out! I thought that someone from the car that was following them shot her... I rewound, and watched it again... "Holy crap, he DID shoot her!" The flak jacket was a smooth move... although I'm not sure about a flak jacket stopping four pistol rounds fired at point-blank range. Either Jack wasn't entirely sure that she'd live through it, or the writers have cooked up some reeeeeeaaallly nice flak jackets for CTU to wear.

I still don't really care about the whole Palmer Family subplot, with the rape and all that. I dunno. It's just not as interesting as the main plot.

Too bad about Teri (wife) getting caught... I thought she'd escape. And then Kim (daughter) is about to vamoose with Black-haired Kid, when Kim sees the wife and decides to stick around. Nooooooooo! Dangit. I wonder what I would've done there.

Fire bad!
Old 01-08-02, 10:27 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Venusian
looks like the assassination attempt will go down in the next two episodes, they'll have to stretch after that.
I'm thinking there will be multiple attempts. They haven't showed the killer (photographer lookalike) in a long time... I'm thinking he'll get at least one attempt.
Spoiler:
And I think they'll make Jack take a shot or two, also. "Kill Palmer, or we kill your wife and your daughter." I might be smoking crack, but I swear that, when I heard about the show a long time ago, that this was part of it.

24 good!
Old 01-08-02, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I was thinking the exact same thing...
Old 01-08-02, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
great episode, but I was kind of disappointed that they revealed the mole within the agency already. I was kind of hoping they'd draw that out a little bit longer to keep us guessing.
Old 01-08-02, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
I think this show has just gotten better as the season has gone on. Great twists and surprises...
Old 01-08-02, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That wasn't that hard to figure out. When the goatee guy saw the surveillance video, he noticed that Jack gave her a flak jacket. You can pretty much infer from there that she would live.

knew she was the mole once the guy said she could be trusted.

Which guy are you talking about?
Old 01-09-02, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by huzefa

Which guy are you talking about?
The guy would be Richard Walsh.
Old 01-09-02, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by huzefa
That wasn't that hard to figure out. When the goatee guy saw the surveillance video, he noticed that Jack gave her a flak jacket. You can pretty much infer from there that she would live.
I assume he means what I was thinking ... that they'd draw it out to next episode. Like you said, it's obvious she wasn't really dead, even without the flak jacket. As if they're going to have the lead character lose our interest in the 7th episode. Anyway, I too figured it would be a cliff-hanger device instead of showing the payoff at the end of the episode.

das
Old 01-09-02, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Pretty interesting 7th episode/hour.

Spoilers will be freely discussed below:

Pretty smart move on Jack's part to put a flack jacket on Nina when he was forced to shoot her. Good acting from Jack to try and convince the bad guy that he's shook up from having to murder Nina to save his family.

Is anyone else thinking that the guy in CTU who's been seeing Nina will wind up being the "straight up" guy and saves the day for Jack at the end?

Jamie has now been revealed as the mole inside CTU (that how the bad guy has patched into their camera system). Jack has to realize there's a mole, and that only a few would know how to patch into the camera system, thus I think he'll have a narrow list of suspects. Now we have to wonder how did Jamie get Jack's superior Richard Walsh's trust (the one who was shot - though we don't know if he's "really dead"). I think this does mean that Walsh is in on the thing from the beginning.

If Jamie was the mole, why didn't she switch the card earlier? That doesn't really make sense either. It's true she was "stone-walling" by being ineffective, enough to bring in the contractor. Perhaps Jamie had to options at the time.

Poor Teri, doing a pretty stupid thing once she knocked up The Sentinel (Why didn't she just high tail on the road and just get to a place of safety insted of hanging letting the bad guys dispatch the goon squad to pick her up).

What the hell was Kimberly thinking also. She should have gotten out, and then got help. This was part of the writing that didn't make any sense, except to keep the characters in more perilous situations then they had to be. But I guess if you have 17 hours to go, you need more filler story. Oh yeah, Kimberly is a hottie.

I really could care less about Sen. Palmer's storyline. Sort of tired of the political skeletons in the closet stories.

I'm thinking the bad guy is actually using Jack as a high profile assassin/divertion, and when everyone's attention is on Jack, the fake photographer will do the real hit on Palmer.
Old 01-09-02, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Patman
Is anyone else thinking that the guy in CTU who's been seeing Nina will wind up being the "straight up" guy and saves the day for Jack at the end?
Since hour 1.

If Jamie was the mole, why didn't she switch the card earlier? That doesn't really make sense either. It's true she was "stone-walling" by being ineffective, enough to bring in the contractor. Perhaps Jamie had to options at the time.

Poor Teri, doing a pretty stupid thing once she knocked up The Sentinel (Why didn't she just high tail on the road and just get to a place of safety insted of hanging letting the bad guys dispatch the goon squad to pick her up).

What the hell was Kimberly thinking also. She should have gotten out, and then got help. This was part of the writing that didn't make any sense, except to keep the characters in more perilous situations then they had to be. But I guess if you have 17 hours to go, you need more filler story.
I too have a problem with characters acting stupidly. It's a little insulting at times.

Oh yeah, Kimberly is a hottie.

I really could care less about Sen. Palmer's storyline. Sort of tired of the political skeletons in the closet stories.
Who's Palmer? Oh right the Black guy. What's he do again?

das
Old 01-09-02, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Deftones17
great episode, but I was kind of disappointed that they revealed the mole within the agency already. I was kind of hoping they'd draw that out a little bit longer to keep us guessing.
WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hold ON there everyone! Why are you jumping to the conclusion that Jamie is the mole? That is like assuming that Jack killed Nina! Pay attention to what you KNOW and not only what you've seen!

You're all correct - it IS way too early to expose the mole! The only evidence we have to suspect Jamie is that she got the call from Teri, WROTE DOWN the address (and supposedly sent a CTU car to save her), some guys disquised as CTU agents came and captured Teri and she ripped up the note.

NOW....

Couldn't the guys behind this have seen Jamie writing the address down on the surveillance cameras?

Walsh said she was the only one that could be trusted - that is more credibility than ANYONE has been given so far (in fact the ONLY truth we can stand by right now).

Jamie did rip up/hide the address - but couldn't she have done that because she's afraid that the real CTU mole might see it and somehow foil Teri's rescue?

The mole(s) in the CTU are very well connected - obviously since the have SURVEILLANCE cameras in the main office! - so could not someone have intercepted Jamie's response to Teri's emergency call?

One thing we HAVE learned from last night is this - Nina cannot be the mole either. (I will not comment on that jacket's ability to block those bullets when it wasn't even zipped up - whatever. )

I too am SUPER over/bored with the Palmer family story. What a yawn-fest! I can only hope that it somehow weaves back into why/how the assasination plot is going to occur.

Overall, great episode - I'm still trying to avoid those "Next time on 24" and during the week promos. Man, they give away too much most of the time!

p.s. Anyone else catch that Milo is Sean Deamus from Six Feet Under?
Old 01-09-02, 08:25 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally posted by rfduncan

p.s. Anyone else catch that Milo is Sean Deamus from Six Feet Under?
Yeah, it's good to see him on the small screen again. Hopefully, this show won't interfere with his SFU character.
Old 01-09-02, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I thought his name was Gabe. Anyway, he also played some super genius that hooked up with Rena Sofer in The Chronicle and was Jesse, vamp in training, in the Buffy two-part opener.

das
Old 01-09-02, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by das Monkey
I thought his name was Gabe.
D'oh! You caught me, das! Guess I need to brush up on my 6FU reruns before the new season starts in March!
Old 01-09-02, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by rfduncan
D'oh! You caught me, das! Guess I need to brush up on my 6FU reruns before the new season starts in March!
I can't wait.

das
Old 01-09-02, 09:01 AM

I agree with those who wonder why the bad guys aren't watching Kimberly a bit more closely.

Very interesting point about Jaime perhaps *not* being the mole; some evidence of that may be that she gave goattee guy access to undoctored footage of Bauer's office. If Jaime really was the mole, wouldn't she have botched that favor for goattee guy? Very interesting. Then again, Jaime was upset when Milo was asked to decrypt the key card instead of her.

The most perplexing thing is that whoever designed this assassination plot knew that Bauer would be the one investigating the assassination attempt. The one who put Bauer on the trail was Walsh, so that indicates Walsh may be the baddie. Also, if Jaime is in fact the mole, that jibes with baddie Walsh saying that Bauer could only trust Jaime. But didn't Walsh give Bauer the key card? And didn't the tranquilized guy confirm that Walsh was dead? If Walsh is the baddie, then tranquilized guy is in on the plot and the key card is a red herring.

A third option is that Walsh is the baddie but Jaime is not. Maybe Walsh knew that Jaime's decryption skills were not up to snuff for the key card. Or maybe the information in the key card was intended to be revealed, say, around 3pm (after the assassination attempt), but Milo was getting too close too quickly, so they had to swap cards.

I'm also perplexed that the assassination attempt seems to go down in the next episode. Isn't that waay too soon? Could it be the whole assassination attempt (or at least the first crack) is a diversion?
Old 01-09-02, 09:45 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Interesting that most are bored with the Palmer sub-plot. I am finding it as intriguing as the main assassination plot. I have a feeling the two are connected in some way that is yet to be seen.

The only thing that bothers me is that in a multi-million dollar assasination plot, they are keeping the key hostage locked in a tool shed, guarded by a college guy who isn't even a professional criminal? Hopefully there will be some explanation for this (for instance the college guy is just playing nice to get the trust of the daughter).
Old 01-09-02, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

i think there are gonna be some major plot holes when this thing finishes up.
Old 01-09-02, 10:05 AM

BTW did anyone notice...

Spoiler:

The real card should be sitting on the floor in Jack's office. Atleast from what I recall when he was giving it to Nina he dropped it and grabbed her. The question now is will he reappear with it later, or will they leave it where it is?
Old 01-09-02, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
Originally posted by nemein
BTW did anyone notice...

Spoiler:

The real card should be sitting on the floor in Jack's office. Atleast from what I recall when he was giving it to Nina he dropped it and grabbed her. The question now is will he reappear with it later, or will they leave it where it is?
i noticed that too. i figured that somehow, they'd find it later and continue working on decoding it.
Old 01-09-02, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Deftones17
i noticed that too. i figured that somehow, they'd find it later and continue working on decoding it.
I thought Jaime (or someone) might notice that when the surveillance tapes were replayed to show Bauer grabbing the jacket from the cabinet. It is not impossible that they'll still find it.

What is misleading is that we THINK we already know who the assassin is - the guy worked up to look like the photographer. We're lead to this by the plastic surgeon's records on the card among other things. This must be a red herring because the assassination cannot happen in the next hour - there are still like 18 left, no?

Something has to screw up and drag us all the way to at least 10pm when then'll spend at least one hour wrapping everything up.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.