Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

24 - 1/8/02

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-02, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice episode....

All evidence points to Jaime being a baddie (which I called, btw ), but rfduncan brought up some valid points as to why she might not be a baddie.

After watching last night's episode, I'm not so sure that Walsh is dead....after all, he's the one that said Jaime is the only one that Jack could trust. Maybe Jaime is being blackmailed, too?!?! Maybe the bad guys have a loved one of hers held hostage and are using her the same way they are using Jack? Or would that be too much?

I thought Kimberly staying to help her mom was a pretty stupid move on her part. She should have left and went to find help. Surely she can't believe that she can break her mom out of there with a couple of armed guards roaming the area.

The next thing is what bothered me the most: Nina and the flak jacket. A few things here...I find it hard to believe that Nina mentioned nothing of the flak jacket when Jack put it on her or when she was driving the car under duress. "Why are you putting a flak jacket on me?" "Why are you making me wear this flak jacket?" "Why are you pointing a gun at me while I'm wearing this flak jacket?" Anyway, the second thing is that the flak jacket wasn't even zipped up...so either Jack made damn_sure to not shoot her in the opening of the jacket or....and the last thing is another stupid guy syndrome mistake...not checking to make sure that somebody is dead. How difficult would it have been for the guys in the car following Jack and Nina to get out and check to see that Nina is really dead?

Regarding the card....I too noticed that it should be on the floor of Jack's office. I figure either Jaime or the other dude that she gave the video feed to (or even Gaines himself, since he was watching the video live) would see the card (unless the wall or something partially blocked the view) and go to Jack's office to pick it up.

As far as the whole Palmer story....I like it. Maybe the rapist that the son killed is connected to Gaines....maybe that was Gaines' brother or something. I mean, we all know that Gaines has to have some kind of motive for wanting to assassinate Palmer...

Old 01-09-02, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by immortal_zeus
Anyway, the second thing is that the flak jacket wasn't even zipped up...so either Jack made damn_sure to not shoot her in the opening of the jacket or....
Didn't Jack wants Nina to turn her back on him before shooting her? Jack wants to make sure that the flak jacket will protect her. But she didn't want to.
Old 01-09-02, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by IamFlip

Didn't Jack wants Nina to turn her back on him before shooting her? Jack wants to make sure that the flak jacket will protect her. But she didn't want to.
No, I'm pretty sure that she was facing him when he shot her. Also, she was laying on the ground face up, which would suggest she was facing forward when shot (unless she tumbled like a boulder and eventually ended up in face up).

Oh wait, I just re-read your post. Yeah, I think you're right...he did want to shoot her in the back, because I remember him pushing her against the hood of the car and her saying something like "what, you're going to shoot me in the back?"

Old 01-09-02, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Copenhagen

The guy would be Richard Walsh.
Wait a minute. In which episode did Walsh tell Jack to trust only Jamie?
Old 01-09-02, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by huzefa
The first? Maybe the second. Gee, it seems like only 4 hours ago, but I can't remember.

das
Old 01-09-02, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by huzefa
Like the 3rd or 4th hour, he said that to Jack right between giving him the cardkey they've been decoding and getting is @ss shot to pieces.
Old 01-09-02, 04:23 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
At first, I was convinced Jamie was the mole... but there have been some really good points brought up about how she might not be... I'm so... confused...

*head explodes*

24 good!
Old 01-09-02, 08:45 PM

Originally posted by immortal_zeus

The next thing is what bothered me the most: Nina and the flak jacket. A few things here...I find it hard to believe that Nina mentioned nothing of the flak jacket when Jack put it on her or when she was driving the car under duress. "Why are you putting a flak jacket on me?" "Why are you making me wear this flak jacket?" "Why are you pointing a gun at me while I'm wearing this flak jacket?"
I think that Nina would've known something was up with the flak jacket. Seeing as Jack is threatening her with a gun, and then carefully/secretively placing a flak jacket on her, I think it's safe to say that she perhaps might've known he was bugged, and so she played along.

.... although if that were the case, it definitely would've been more sensical for her to turn her back to Jack before he shot her, not to mention she rolled down a pretty precarious hillside
Old 01-10-02, 08:52 AM

assassination plot a diversion?

The baddies so far have spent a lot of time and money on this assassination attempt-- for a presidential candidate, of all people. Despite the possible racist motivations, doesn't that seem weird?

Something else must be going on. Could be revenge, as immortal_zeus postulates. I'm thinking it may be robbery (no idea of what)-- what else could justify such an investment in time and resources? Even the most wild conspiracy theorist couldn't imagine a plot this complex for the Kennedy assassination. Maybe it all goes back to Bauer being a snitch on other CTU staffers, and someone in CTU wants him out of the way so he/she can funnel millions of dollars somewhere.
Old 01-10-02, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

AICN is reporting the following:

Spoiler:
* Dennis Hopper will likely play the evil mastermind hehind all the sick business transpiring on “24.” (Hopper and Kiefer Sutherland, you’ll recall, played adversaries in 1990’s “Flashback.”)

Last edited by BDLOU; 01-10-02 at 01:30 PM.
Old 01-10-02, 12:16 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Edited to remove request for spoiler text. Thank you.

Fire bad!

Last edited by Static Cling; 01-10-02 at 01:57 PM.
Old 01-10-02, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Static Cling

Is it me, or should that have been in spoiler text?

Fire bad!
Just in case, he edits it, may want to SPOILER your quote

das
Old 01-10-02, 12:57 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
For those worried that something has been spoiled, no doubt Fox would have given it away on their own with big promos on other programs and what-not. Hell, their "Next Week on 24" promos at the end of each show usually give away 90% of the episode.
Old 01-10-02, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: assassination plot a diversion?

Originally posted by doughelm
Something else must be going on. Could be revenge, as immortal_zeus postulates. I'm thinking it may be robbery (no idea of what)-- what else could justify such an investment in time and resources? Even the most wild conspiracy theorist couldn't imagine a plot this complex for the Kennedy assassination. Maybe it all goes back to Bauer being a snitch on other CTU staffers, and someone in CTU wants him out of the way so he/she can funnel millions of dollars somewhere.
Well - this may not be THAT important in terms of scale for an alternate motivation, but it has been mentioned in previous episodes that ONE of the reasons this assassination attempt is occurring is to also foil CTU and make them look stupid. If they cannot foil the plot after being deliberately tipped about it, CTU will be shut down. This, of course, leads one to wonder if the entire tip off of CTU isn't a ruse for a much bigger plot of which we have yet to learn. I mean do we really know what these baddies are up to not to mention how far reaching their influence is?

To quote Static Cling - Head explodes, indeed!
Old 01-10-02, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It had nothing to do with the storyline. Simply the actor that may be in the show.