Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone know what the title of this 70's kids show is?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-01, 03:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember watching a children's show when I was a kid in the early to mid 70's about a bunch of puppet kids that built a spaceship in their yard and flew off into space, visiting strange worlds and having adventures. The puppets were pretty ugly, but the rest of the show (the sets, aliens, etc.) was pretty cool. I remember one planet they went to was inhabited by creatures made out of things like brushes and other household items. I know that sounds cheesy, but I thought it was a pretty cool show as a kid. It was pretty bizzarre and I've been trying to find out what the hell the show was called. It may have been a British show, as it kind of reminded me of shows like "Dr. Who." I don't know. Anyway, if this sounds familiar to someone, please post a reply. Thanks.
Old 12-26-01, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
Sounds like a Krofft show...Any of these shows look familiar?
Old 12-26-01, 08:28 PM

Yeah, I don't think it's a Crofft show actually, but that's a good thought. I know it wasn't one of those listed at that link. I'm pretty familiar with most of the Crofft shows. For some reason I'm thinking it was a British show. Anyway, thanks for the reply.
Old 12-26-01, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HR Puff N' Stuff or something like that? One character had a big orange head and there was this witch.
Old 12-27-01, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You may be able to find it here:

http://www.yesterdayland.com/popoped...rday_1970s.php
Old 12-27-01, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Sounds like "Vegetable Soup". Those hideous puppets weren't the whole show, they were just one part. It also had hideous cartoons. The entire thing scared the hell out of me.
Old 12-28-01, 09:09 AM

Originally posted by Charlie Goose
Sounds like "Vegetable Soup". Those hideous puppets weren't the whole show, they were just one part. It also had hideous cartoons. The entire thing scared the hell out of me.
HOLY SH*T!!!! That's the one! Thank you very much. I've been wondering what the hell that show was called for years. That segment of the show was called "Outerscope II" and it was strange as hell. I did some searching on "Vegetable Soup" on Yahoo and came across this web site:

http://www.artstomp.com/vegetablesoup.html

It's got several photos from the show, including the "Outerscope II" segment. That show used to give me the creeps as a kid too but I also thought it was fascinating. That was the beauty of the live-action kids shows of the 70's - alot of them were very bizzarre but imaginative as hell. Anyway, thanks again. One more childhood mystery solved.