Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Star Trek "Weakest Link" tonight

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-01, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great show.

Shatner was perfect as usual. People find him annoying, but you have to realize it's all an act. He's a ham ... that's his thing ... and he's the best at it on the planet. I love how all his answers were delivered so forefully.

Anne: In math, what is 8 divided by 4?
Shatner: (Long dramatic pause) [Sultry Voice]Two[/Sultry Voice]

And poor Wheaton. Dude, the guy was just joking around. He's not a very suave person, so he comes off as a dork when doing so. There aren't many of us who can say the same hasn't happened to us. I just figured Roxanne was joking during that backstage thing as well. The whole show is like that. If she was genuinely upset, then she's got some serious problems, but I'm guessing the media is just looking for something to latch on to.

It was great to see them end up with intelligent people in the final rounds. Sometimes, the smarter people get knocked off early, and the charities get screwed. LeVar, Bob Picardo, and Armin Shimmerman are all quite intelligent. Wil has a typical geeky mind, but he's not as sharp or as well versed as the other three. I would have liked to see Armin hang around for one or two more rounds.

das
Old 11-27-01, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
das - Dawson came across as being serious, hence my earlier comments about here. Shatner was great. I found him most amusing.
Old 11-27-01, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by elektra
das - Dawson came across as being serious, hence my earlier comments about here. Shatner was great. I found him most amusing.
I thought so too when I saw it, but they're all actors so who knows. It's a shame if she is. Wil is completely and totally in love with his wife, and you can tell that he wakes up in the morning thanking God that a goon like him found someone so wonderful. It would be a real shame if his joking around came across as something else.

das
Old 11-27-01, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think Wil took a lot of heat and handled it well. I’m not a fan of his in any way and supported the “Wesley haters” while TNG was in first run. But he got REALLY dumped on. It’s unfortunate that he chose to play the geek role (or so he says) rather than be himself as he’s not that good of an actor. Or perhaps, as with Shatner, he really was being himself and doesn’t realize it.

The bit backstage with Roxanne I think was genuine. But that’s just my 2 pennies. There seemed to be real anger in her eyes.

Shatner was perfect Shatner, as usual. I think he is (or always has been) a characater of himself and is not so much playing a part as he is playing himself. Some people are always “on”, and I think he’s one of them. The part where he had trouble with the math question was classic “Oh, *****! An easy question. What the hell is the answer???”

Armin not getting the toupee question – absolutely priceless! It’s too bad he didn’t slip in his role on Buffy during the intros. But some day maybe he should turn in his Quark teeth.

As for Ann being a Beyoch: Hello! That’s the whole point of her “act” as demonstrated by "Who has their phaser set on Stupid?" I haven’t seen the show that often, but I saw one where she just about crapped her bloomers trying to keep from laughing. A real Kodak moment. And when Shatner came on to her – where I come from that’s called sexual harassment. And she really looked like she didn’t enjoy the situation. (Maybe her hubby was watching? )

I liked Levar’s poise and confidence, but his eyes still creep me out. And Robert was a total class act. I was very impressed.

Am I the only one who was disappointed that “Q” got the ax early?
Old 11-27-01, 11:06 AM

Originally posted by das Monkey
I just figured Roxanne was joking during that backstage thing as well.
I agree with you. It just struck me as dry humor; pretending that she was offended and being very deadpan about it. I thought it was funny. (Funnier than Wil, anyway.)
Old 11-27-01, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Wizdar
And when Shatner came on to her – where I come from that’s called sexual harassment. And she really looked like she didn’t enjoy the situation. (Maybe her hubby was watching? )
That's just part of the show. One or two of the guests (I assume, at the producer's encouragement) approach Ann and try to get her to break character. When The Big Show got voted off during the WWF version, he went up to her and growled, and she just stood there. All part of the show.

And Robert was a total class act. I was very impressed.
He's one of the best. At conventions, he's known for just walking around an talking to people all weekend. He'll sit in the audience and listen to others speak, and he'll eat dinner with the fans. It's always lowkey, tho, so it's not because he's desperate for attention. He's just a down-to-Earth nice guy.

das
Old 11-27-01, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Am I the only one who was disappointed that “Q” got the ax early?
Yes, especially since he has a reputation for being good at trivia.

$167,000. That's more than the wrestlers and the infamous newsmakers combined.
Old 11-27-01, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It’s unfortunate that he chose to play the geek role (or so he says) rather than be himself as he’s not that good of an actor. Or perhaps, as with Shatner, he really was being himself and doesn’t realize it.
I didn't see the show, but Wheaton is well aware that he's a geek.
Old 11-27-01, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I loved when Shatner came on to her. I thought it was funny. I myself would not have been offended.
Old 11-27-01, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I loved when Shatner came on to her. I thought it was funny. I myself would not have been offended.
Ah, but would you have kissed him?

Hell. Shatner. National TV. *I* would have kissed him! Talk about your 15 minutes...

Old 11-27-01, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Wizdar - It's Shatner. I would have had to kiss him!!!
Old 11-27-01, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wizdar - It's Shatner. I would have had to kiss him!!!
Old 11-27-01, 02:37 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
(Recorded, but haven't had the chance to view--finals are a'comin')

So Levar Burton took home the big money, huh? More money than on any other celebrity WEAKEST LINK, you say? Hmmm...Bell Curve, my ***!
Old 11-27-01, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Wizdar - I think Filmmaker would have kissed Shatner too!
Old 11-27-01, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wait a minute -- I thought *I* was next in line!
Old 11-27-01, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Okay, you can be next.
Old 11-27-01, 05:07 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Originally posted by elektra:
Wizdar - I think Filmmaker would have kissed Shatner too!

You're darn tootin' I would...do I offend?
Old 11-27-01, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Film - not as far as I'm concerned!!!!
Old 11-27-01, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Filmmaker
You're darn tootin' I would...do I offend?
Only if you use the same shade of lip gloss as I do, sweetie!