Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

24 - Hour 3 [spoilers]

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-01, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
24 - Hour 3 [spoilers]

WOW!!! this show is really starting to pick up the pace!!!
okay, some parts were predictable - mandy's "partner" being shot, and nina turning out to be innocent. i'm also believing that the other dude in the CTU is innocent too - the guy with the goatee. know who i'm thinking is the insider? that hispanic girl that jack trusts. AND i think that palmer is not really dead. we'll see...

that botched kidnapping storyline was intense! i haven't been that gripped by a show in a long time.

okay, okay...safe to say i'm hooked. are they always going to do reruns on fridays though? if so, i can go back to smallville on tuesdays. once i move and get my tivo setup, this won't be an issue anymore.
Old 11-21-01, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,388 Likes on 2,172 Posts
Re: 24 - Hour 3 [spoilers]

Originally posted by hahn
know who i'm thinking is the insider? that hispanic girl that jack trusts. we'll see..
I was thinking the exact same thing.

Jack's daughter and friend running away from the kidnappers was pretty intense even though we all knew they couldn't get away just yet (there's still 21 hours left) any, her friend getting hit by the car was a bit of a shock. It looks like she survuved though so we'll see what kind of info she can give to the parents or cops.

And even 24 can't avoid the "gay" angle. The whole thing involving Mandy doesn't make sense to me. Is she blackmailing somebody? Is she working with those people? I don't get it. That's the only part of the show I don't really understand. Hopefully it will start making more sense as the show progresses.

I also think Nina is kind of annoying. All the evidence Jack has points to her, he is trying to stop an assassination attempt in the next few hours, he's been up all night, and she has the nerve to get upset with him after he accuses her. And then she goes off and pouts! What a b!tch. Get over it lady, It's not Jack's fault someone set you up.

and lastly, did anyone else notice the barbed wire tattoes Jack had? Does Kiefer really have those or were they just make-up?
Old 11-21-01, 01:46 AM
AJW
DVD Talk Special Edition

This episode was pretty good even though, as others have pointed out some parts were very predictable.

My question is are the kidnappers deaf? Because they can't seem to hear footsteps, heavy breathing, conversations, and screaming but they can smell perfume Okay maybe the aircraft helped drown out their initial escape (though I don't recall hearing it then) but what about inside the warehouse?

I didn't have a problem with Nina acting the way she did. No one likes to be accused of something they didn't do...especially by someone who supposedly cared for them. Then again, what's to say Nina isn't a traitor? Just because she was away with Jack doesn't mean she didn't give her PC code to someone else to help her do the dirty work. Just a thought.

The coming attractions for next week

Spoiler:
showed the kidnappers returning in the van to make sure she's dead. They showed the van approaching her (she's still lying in the road) with a gun pointed out the driver's side window aimed at her But there were oncoming headlights shining back at the van so help is probably on the way.
Old 11-21-01, 04:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ditto on the part about thinking the senorita is
the traitor.

also the fact that Nina "and" Jack were away together would be the perfect time for her to have something tampered with or whatever she did.

this show is getting soooo good. a footchase always kicks ass and i hope people start watching one of the 4 times a week that it's on.

FX is Sunday nights i think.
this week Episode 3 will be Saturday night at 9/8 on FOX.

if they would just introduce a gay male character maybe they could swipe some of Frasier's audience. j/k
Old 11-21-01, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: 24 - Hour 3 [spoilers]

. AND i think that palmer is not really dead. we'll see...

WTF are u talking about? Palmer isn't dead. Palmer's the senator. He's not dead.
Old 11-21-01, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Frank TJ Mackey
if they would just introduce a gay male character maybe they could swipe some of Frasier's audience. j/k
....um, they already did. The young gigalo who twice tried to help the girls escape?

Originally posted by AJW
My question is are the kidnappers deaf? Because they can't seem to hear footsteps, heavy breathing, conversations, and screaming but they can smell perfume Okay maybe the aircraft helped drown out their initial escape (though I don't recall hearing it then) but what about inside the warehouse?
Ok - remember that these guys are a) already pretty baked, b) in deep **** for loosing the girls and c) desperate to say ANYTHING to possibly freak out the girls so they'll make a break for it and expose themselves. Think what REAL people would do in a situation like this and not what *TV* characters would do. If you consider the characters "out of the [TV] box" a lot of the time they actually make quite a bit more sense that you 1st think.

know who i'm thinking is the insider? that hispanic girl that jack trusts. AND i think that palmer [you mean Jack's boss] is not really dead. we'll see...
I think we have a LOOOOOONG way to go before we find out who it is. It can't be the obvious red herrings YET (I'm thinking we'll have reason to suspect several people 2 or 3 times before the end!) - why the hispanic girl when Jack's boss said to trust her and Jack trusts his boss. I don't think he can trust EITHER of them (as do you since you believe Palmer is still alive - which I suspect too). I think NINA is the only person Jack CAN trust.

How long do you think it'll be before Jack's wife Terri gets nabbed? Is the other girl's father only holding off as a backup plan if Kim's kidnapping fails? Hmmmmmmmmm.....

Last edited by rfduncan; 11-21-01 at 08:35 AM.
Old 11-21-01, 08:36 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Great episode...the chase sequence with the girls was well done and exciting. They've really got to cut down on the spoilers in the "Next Week" segment, however. Last week they showed Nosering getting shot...which didn't actually happen until the end of the show.
Old 11-21-01, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Groucho
Great episode...the chase sequence with the girls was well done and exciting. They've really got to cut down on the spoilers in the "Next Week" segment, however. Last week they showed Nosering getting shot...which didn't actually happen until the end of the show.
AGREED! I usually shut off the show so as to avoid them now, but there is no escape! FOX shows them duting every other commerical break it seems! AAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH!
Old 11-21-01, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, I finally enjoyed an episode. The show's still pretty silly, and to quote someone from another thread, "it thinks it's a lot more intelligent and interesting than it actually is." But they've bought themselves another week or two on my calendar with an energetic episode. If they can stick to some consistency, I'll hang with them ... too many random twists and turns with no real basis, and I'll walk.

das
Old 11-21-01, 01:03 PM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

Originally posted by das Monkey
Well, I finally enjoyed an episode. The show's still pretty silly, and to quote someone from another thread, "it thinks it's a lot more intelligent and interesting than it actually is." But they've bought themselves another week or two on my calendar with an energetic episode. If they can stick to some consistency, I'll hang with them ... too many random twists and turns with no real basis, and I'll walk.
I'm sure the folks at Fox are relieved by your cautionary approval.
Old 11-21-01, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by G. Noel Gross
I'm free to like and dislike any show I please and will continue to do so in spite of your insulting sarcasm.

das
Old 11-21-01, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm still in on this show! It was a fun show but there were more annoying little things that kept popping into my head (not unlike my posts ).

Like when he's talking to Nina in his office while the other women is checking out Nina's computer.

Nina asks him a question and his eyes move from her to downstairs where the other woman is clearly ransacking her computer.

If he didn't do 3 or 4 times in the one scene it wouldn't have bugged me so much but I moved on after the scene was over anyway.
Old 11-22-01, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Re: 24 - Hour 3 [spoilers]

Originally posted by huzefa

WTF are u talking about? Palmer isn't dead. Palmer's the senator. He's not dead.
oops...uh...WTF was his name again??? whatever jack's boss name was. remember, he kept asking for identification of the 2 bodies and has yet to receive confirmation. think of it...it's perfect. that undercover guy gets the card, and gets it to jack's boss. boss then pulls a switch card to give to jack, at the same time, handily disposing of the undercover guy, and also making it look like he's been discovered (after all, how the hell would those assasins know where he was meeting up??? it was in a totally empty lot). the card is meant to implicate nina and keep jack distracted while the hold his family as a trump card. remember that senator palmer intends to shutdown the CTU organization.

hahah...i love a good mystery...i don't care if there are small inconsistencies. this series is a LOT of fun.
Old 11-22-01, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

What I don't understand if the show is real time you think they would put more time into the dialogue he sent the thumbprint at like 2:05 and at like 2:25 the guy called him back and said an hour ago little to far off something like that sort of hurts the image of the show. But I still love this show.
Old 11-22-01, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Spicollidriver1
What I don't understand if the show is real time you think they would put more time into the dialogue he sent the thumbprint at like 2:05 and at like 2:25 the guy called him back and said an hour ago little to far off something like that sort of hurts the image of the show. But I still love this show.
You can't expect them to be perfect.
Old 11-22-01, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
How do we know Palmer wants to shut down CTU?
Old 11-22-01, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Patman
How do we know Palmer wants to shut down CTU?
'Cuz Walsh said so in the first episode. But we haven't heard anything directly from Palmer or his camp.
Old 11-27-01, 10:13 AM

Re: Re: Re: 24 - Hour 3 [spoilers]

oops...uh...WTF was his name again??? whatever jack's boss name was. remember, he kept asking for identification of the 2 bodies and has yet to receive confirmation. think of it...it's perfect. that undercover guy gets the card, and gets it to jack's boss. boss then pulls a switch card to give to jack, at the same time, handily disposing of the undercover guy, and also making it look like he's been discovered (after all, how the hell would those assasins know where he was meeting up??? it was in a totally empty lot). the card is meant to implicate nina and keep jack distracted while the hold his family as a trump card. remember that senator palmer intends to shutdown the CTU organization.

hahah...i love a good mystery...i don't care if there are small inconsistencies. this series is a LOT of fun.
His name was Walsh.
Old 11-27-01, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 298 Likes on 190 Posts
Doesn't look like it matters anymore... check out what the Chicago Sun Times hjints at today:

"24" (8 p.m., WFLD-Channel 32): There's a murder going on in real time that Kiefer Sutherland can't stop: This show is getting killed. Too few viewers are watching, but it's not for lack of good reviews or Fox promos.

Can you say "cancelled"?
Old 11-27-01, 04:13 PM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: Re: 24 - Hour 3 [spoilers]

Originally posted by GoldenJCJ

and lastly, did anyone else notice the barbed wire tattoes Jack had? Does Kiefer really have those or were they just make-up?

Yeah, I thought that was pretty funny - I guess Jack got those in his undercover days?

So, is the kidnapping storyline in any way connected to the main plot? They've spent so much time on it that it looks like it has to be.
Old 11-27-01, 04:15 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Re: Re: Re: 24 - Hour 3 [spoilers]

Originally posted by MrN
So, is the kidnapping storyline in any way connected to the main plot? They've spent so much time on it that it looks like it has to be.
Yes. They showed the college dude talking on the phone to the main bad guy (not the assassin...the other one).
Old 11-27-01, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by GuessWho
Doesn't look like it matters anymore... check out what the Chicago Sun Times hjints at today:

"24" (8 p.m., WFLD-Channel 32): There's a murder going on in real time that Kiefer Sutherland can't stop: This show is getting killed. Too few viewers are watching, but it's not for lack of good reviews or Fox promos.

Can you say "cancelled"?
Viewers are stupid, how many great shows have been cancelled because of those dumbass viewers? I can think of a big one, Sports Night.
Old 11-27-01, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

as somoene pointed out last week, they still havent mentioned where that one guy that jack tranqualized got his info from. they made a big deal about it but then never said anything
Old 11-27-01, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by G. Noel Gross

since das monkey is a neilson household, fox probably cares a lot about what he thinks
Old 11-27-01, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

and another thing? why didnt the wife call jack as soon as the daughter called saying she was kidnapped? he's a cop (or something like that), wouldnt he be the first one she called (maybe after 911).

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.