Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

24 - Hour 3 [spoilers]

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-01, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by huzefa

Viewers are stupid, how many great shows have been cancelled because of those dumbass viewers? I can think of a big one, Sports Night.
And the Cosby Mysteries! That show had limitless potential!!!
Old 11-29-01, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Re: Re: 24 - Hour 3 [spoilers]

Originally posted by hahn

oops...uh...WTF was his name again??? whatever jack's boss name was. remember, he kept asking for identification of the 2 bodies and has yet to receive confirmation. think of it...it's perfect. that undercover guy gets the card, and gets it to jack's boss. boss then pulls a switch card to give to jack, at the same time, handily disposing of the undercover guy, and also making it look like he's been discovered (after all, how the hell would those assasins know where he was meeting up??? it was in a totally empty lot). the card is meant to implicate nina and keep jack distracted while the hold his family as a trump card. remember that senator palmer intends to shutdown the CTU organization.

Very interesting thought. The only real problem I see with this is that Walsh was supposedly confirmed dead....after all, they posted a memorandum on the internal network and that one dude that got tranquilized and was questioning everybody said he was dead (along with the informant). Of course, all of this information could have been set up, so who knows....very interesting point, though...I never thought of that.

I can't believe we have to wait 2 weeks for the next episode.... I really hope this show doesn't get canceled....that would royally suck on so many levels....

Old 11-29-01, 10:45 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by huzefa

Viewers are stupid, how many great shows have been cancelled because of those dumbass viewers? I can think of a big one, Sports Night.
WORD. Sports Night kicks butt. I love having TiVo, because I use it to catch every episode of Sports Night that comes on Comedy Central, no matter when it comes on. Kudos for Comedy Central for picking it up for syndication, even though there's only two seasons worth of episodes. The dialogue, even though it can have the same sort of pattern sometimes... i.e., take a word or concept, and bounce it back and forth between two characters, with nothing further really being established, just repetition...

"I'm vexed."
"Are you?"
"Yes, I am. Totally vexed."
"I see... what does that mean?"
"I'm confused. Perplexed. Bewildered."
"So what you're saying is that you're vexed?"
"Exactly."

can be and often is pretty darn funny. I would love to see a Sports Night DVD (doubt it, though)... but until then, I might just have to archive the series on VHS.

Dan & Casey good! ABC BAD!
Old 11-30-01, 01:59 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally posted by GuessWho
Doesn't look like it matters anymore... check out what the Chicago Sun Times hjints at today:

"24" (8 p.m., WFLD-Channel 32): There's a murder going on in real time that Kiefer Sutherland can't stop: This show is getting killed. Too few viewers are watching, but it's not for lack of good reviews or Fox promos.

Can you say "cancelled"?
The Chicago Sun-Times and Variety Magazine seem to disagree... it looks like "24" has been picked up for a full season of episodes.
http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=10899

Fire bad!
Old 11-30-01, 09:50 AM

Renewed!

Cool...saw the story on Cinescape.com...

Mike
Old 11-30-01, 10:24 AM

Wait a tic....... so was 24 not on this week? I ask because I had to set my VCR to tape it this week, but I only found out too late that the VCR had not been changed from Daylight Savings Time.
So is Hour 3 still the most recent episode?
Old 11-30-01, 10:25 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
No, it was on...there was an hour 4.
Old 11-30-01, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Groucho
Yeah...I guess we just decided to add our Hour 4 comments on the Hour 3 thread.

Old 11-30-01, 10:52 AM

Originally posted by Groucho
Yeah, and you can catch it on the FX rerun.
Old 11-30-01, 01:10 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally posted by Geoff H
Wait a tic....... so was 24 not on this week? I ask because I had to set my VCR to tape it this week, but I only found out too late that the VCR had not been changed from Daylight Savings Time.
So is Hour 3 still the most recent episode?
The next episodes that TiVo says are coming on are all "3 AM - 4 AM," which is Hour 4... not sure if it's already aired, but I'm pretty sure it has, since they wouldn't show it on FX first.

- 12/3, 12 AM (as in, 12 AM the night of 12/2, morning of 12/3), on FX
- 12/3, 10 PM, on FX
- 12/7, 9 PM, on Fox

TiVo good!
Old 12-02-01, 11:47 PM

I'm hooked on this show too. First show I've watched in years. Probably because I know I only have to dedicate 24 weeks to it and not the next couple of years to find out how it ends.
I think the father of the girl left in the street is not really her father and is one of the bad guys.
Old 12-07-01, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Cyberock
I'm hooked on this show too. First show I've watched in years. Probably because I know I only have to dedicate 24 weeks to it and not the next couple of years to find out how it ends.
I think the father of the girl left in the street is not really her father and is one of the bad guys.
I think so, too.
Old 12-08-01, 03:07 PM

Originally posted by Static Cling

The next episodes that TiVo says are coming on are all "3 AM - 4 AM," which is Hour 4... not sure if it's already aired, but I'm pretty sure it has, since they wouldn't show it on FX first.

- 12/3, 12 AM (as in, 12 AM the night of 12/2, morning of 12/3), on FX
- 12/3, 10 PM, on FX
- 12/7, 9 PM, on Fox

TiVo good!
The 12/3 episode was a repeat of 3am - 4am.