Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Raw!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-01, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning.
Received 1,077 Likes on 676 Posts
Raw!!!!

Spoiler:
WHOOOOOO!!!

damn you guys were
right!!!

WHAT A SHOW!!!

V
Old 11-19-01, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree that it was cool that
Spoiler:
Ric Flair debuted
but other than that it still seemed a little bland.

AS far as the new announcer, I am in the minority of people who really like Paul Heyman.

Last edited by Applejack; 11-19-01 at 10:16 PM.
Old 11-19-01, 10:15 PM

Apple, the spoiler code doesn't use an S, thus it's becoming an anti-spoiler blocker, as the thing you want hidden is visible
Old 11-19-01, 10:18 PM

Originally posted by Wazootyman
Apple, the spoiler code doesn't use an S, thus it's becoming an anti-spoiler blocker, as the thing you want hidden is visible
I msut have been trying to edit it when you posted that,

I tried it initially without the S, but for some reason it didn't work. I fixed it though. Sorry if I ruined it for anyone
Old 11-19-01, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My thoughts on Raw.

I guess all the Alliance members that had WWF titles keep their jobs. They really didn't clarify it.

Rob Van Dam's 5-star frog splash onto the table looked like he really injured himself. When D-Von picked him up, I thought the was really unconscious. I guess he wasn't though. And the table not breaking when they tried to give him a 3-D

There were many screw-ups during the course of the show. Jericho not locking in the Walls of Jericho on Kane was hidious. I can't believe he'd still try to put him in the move again after he couldn't get it on the first time.

I couldn't even make out who was who during the William Regal-Tazz match. The smoke was too much. I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often.

I don't understand why the WCW Title is not the "World Title." WTF is the WWF Title for? There is a WWF Title and a World Title? It doesn't make any sense.

And the whole "Kiss My Ass" segment, it was funny for the first minute. I can't believe he actually did it. I was hoping for a low blow from Regal, but he kissed his ass.

When Lawler came out, I jumped up on my seat, and was thinking "Finally." I was getting very sick of Heyman and what he said. The was funny when JR was beating him up That was great.

The best part of the show was, or course, when Ric Flair made his first appearance on WWF TV in about 8 years. I was all smiles when he came out. Him and Stone Cold, face to face, who would of ever thought that would happen on WWF TV?

Good show, great because of Lawler and Flair returning
Old 11-19-01, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

RAW just started here on the West Coast, and just after seeing the first 15 minutes, I can honestly say that I'm actually interested in RAW once again! Great show so far!!!
Old 11-19-01, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pretty good show can't wait to see what happens on smackdown
Old 11-20-01, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Raw!!!!

Originally posted by ViewAskewbian
Spoiler:
WHOOOOOO!!!

damn you guys were
right!!!

WHAT A SHOW!!!

V
Hey View, are you happy now Flair's back??????? Why couldn't Shane mention something to this fact - that he sold his shares, instead of walking out? I mean, he could've beat around the bush, then left. Same with Stephanie??? Her blaming Shane was lame, she can't act for Dooo Dooo. I always liked Jerry the King Lawler - I think he got a lucky break when The Kat married him. I was happy to see SCSA break out the beer again.

View, I dont think you liked what I said about Flair not being entertaining in the other thread. I should have said : EYE CANDY : would you be this "thrilled," hypothetically, if Luna was in the same status as Flair, and she came back????

Chyna's on Fear Factor next week.
Old 11-20-01, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Re: Raw!!!!

Originally posted by IdgIe49
Hey View, are you happy now Flair's back??????? Why couldn't Shane mention something to this fact - that he sold his shares, instead of walking out? I mean, he could've beat around the bush, then left.
Actually, this was explained a long time ago. When Shane "bought" WCW and Steph "bought" ECW, Shane talked about that the 50% of the WWF that the two of them owned went into a consortium. Ric Flair ended up being the consortium. Either Shane didn't know Flair was the person behind the consortium or Flair bought it out from someone else.
Old 11-20-01, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The show was bland, but it's great to have Flair back. Sure, he hasn't been able to wrestle in years, but if you don't find him entertaining, you have issues. Flair is the icon, and to have him on the show in any capacity is a blessing from the Gods.

das
Old 11-20-01, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's good to have the King back, I missed his style, he's so much more fun to listen to than Heyman, who while good, was only interested in hyping the alliance.

Ric Flair is good as an owner, I just hope he doesn't wrestle.

It's sad that Foley is gone again. I wonder if he'll be back ever again?

I'm tired of Tazz losing in 5 seconds all the time. He deserves more respect, he's a great wrestler. The ventilation didn't get his pyro out efficiently though...hmmm.

I guess the walls of Jericho on Kane thing kinda made sense, Kane's big, Jericho's small, and Kane was trying to get out of it, was enough of an explanation to make things not look too stupid.

I hope RVD's ok, he and Y2J and Kurt Angle are the most entertaining wrestlers in the company right now.

And one more question, why is Tazz still working? I like it that he does, but wasn't he in the alliance? Is he still working because he stood up to Austin and was secretly semi-hired by Vince McMahon? Or is it because he's a commentator first and a wrestler second and they decided to let him do both in the WWF? Hmmm...and the "those with titles can stay" makes sense for the other Alliance members. Do they have to leave when they lose their titles? Will Vince invite more members into his "club"?
Old 11-20-01, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: Re: Raw!!!!

Originally posted by IdgIe49
Chyna's on Fear Factor next week.
I heard "she" is not a contestant, but the second stunt.
Instead of eating buffalo balls or being buried in maggots, the others have to have "her" lie naked on top of them for 5 minutes.
Old 11-20-01, 07:15 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Flair is god ! nuff Said !
Old 11-22-01, 04:19 PM

Was I the only one that was really offended at the Regal / McMahon segment. I think the WWF has hit a new low.