Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Buffy on FX

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-01, 11:46 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buffy on FX

Does anyone know what episodes were on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of this week (October 29-31)? I know there were two on each day at 6 and 7pm, but they have already taken the schedule down on the website. Thanks.

Kal
Old 11-01-01, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If I recall, on Monday it was 'Innocence' and 'Phases' and then on Tuesday 'Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered' followed by 'Passion'.

Wednesday was all Halloween episodes. I didn't watch them since I've seen them too many times already and they're not part of the FX airing continuity anyway. I'm guessing they showed 'Halloween', 'Dead Man's Party', and 'Fear, Itself'. I think I remember they said they were showing 'Teacher's Pet' as well, which isn't actually a Halloween episode.

das
Old 11-01-01, 12:15 PM
Cool New Member

Thank you SO much das Monkey. You're my hero.

Kal
Old 11-01-01, 02:50 PM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Are we starting a new 'Buffy on FX' thread?

Enjoyed the Halloween episode run yesterday - It was interesting how the last two both had warning messages to Willow about her use of witchcraft.

Was there a Halloween episode in season 5? I think I forgot it.
Old 11-01-01, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by MrN
Are we starting a new 'Buffy on FX' thread?

Enjoyed the Halloween episode run yesterday - It was interesting how the last two both had warning messages to Willow about her use of witchcraft.

Was there a Halloween episode in season 5? I think I forgot it.
I don't remember one.

das
Old 11-01-01, 03:15 PM

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! There is already a Buffy topic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-01-01, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Smutman769
AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! There is already a Buffy topic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There's a thread on the marathon ... there's a thread on the daily repeats ... there's a thread on the most recent WB episode. Makes sense to me. The previous 'Buffy on FX' thread was 5 pages long, and Geoff doesn't like threads to go past 5 pages anyway.

das
Old 11-02-01, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Holy crap, that part 1 of the season finale for Season Two was pretty damn awesome!

It was very cool to see the "origins" of Angel and Buffy. Finally they got around to addressing their stories. Hmmm...when Buffy's mom says that Buffy wasn't the reason for their divorce, I can't help but think that she's just trying to spare Buffy's feelings. I still can't imagine Angel wandering around for 90 years as a bum looking for rats to subsist on all those years. Does Whizzer does up in later episodes?

The rest of the episode, even with the
Spoiler:
death of the Jamaican slayer whose name escapes me at the moment. Drusilla must be on bad ass vamp to mesmorize her like that before the killing nail swipe
. Plus having the seeds of Willow's turn to witch craft was showcased in this episode. So...who will be worthy enough to pull out that sword? Hmm...

All in all, I can see why this 2-part season finale gets such rave reviews. I'm just bummed that I have to wait until Monday to see the conclusion! Ack!
Old 11-02-01, 08:11 PM

This sucks. Buffy for 10 hours a week. I never watched it when it was originally on because 1) I thought it would stink, and 2) once I heard it was good, I didn't want to get in on the middle. Now that I have the chance to watch it from the beginning, I am so hooked. I'm glad I'm doing it this way, but my DVD watching has really taken a hit. I still haven't gotten through my Godfather discs, and with FX showing 2 Buffys a day, I probably won't until 2002. Just judging by the first 2 seasons, Buffy and the Sopranos are the best shows ever aired on TV IMO. But now that FX is showing 2 shows a day, I may never get enough sleep.
Old 11-03-01, 01:33 AM

I am so angry. I think I set my VCR wrong, so I missed Becoming Pt 1. And with the 2 eps a day thing, no reruns, so I'm basically screwed unless it's voted in the marathon, which I really hope.
Old 11-04-01, 04:10 PM

Now that I have the opportunity to watch Buffy from the beginning, I am so hooked. I must admit keeping up with 10 episodes per week has been a real challenge. I try to watch a few during the week and/or do mini-marathons on the weekends. TIVO has been a godsend. There is no way I would be able to consistently tape it. I'm not wired that way.

Ian
Old 11-05-01, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Becoming Part 2

Everytime someone manages to work in a Sarah McLachlan song into their shows, it always send shivers down my spine.

Pretty good season 2 ender, and loved the quips between Buffy and Spike.
Spoiler:
And of course, the sacrifice that Buffy makes become infinitely harder as the spell kicks in at a most inopportune moment in time.

Now on to season 3 (makes me wish I didn't watch that halloween episode from season 3 last Wednesday night. Sigh.
I'm so weak.

Season 3 opening episode:

This Lily chick, why does she change her name to "Anne" on Angel last season? (I guess having Buffy using "Anne" as her alias might be a reason, eh?)

BTW, am I the only one that love Lily's hips?
Old 11-06-01, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
At the end of the ep, when Buffy leaves, Lily asks if she can be Anne. And the Halloween ep from last week was from Season Four, so you're okay. It won't be on for a while yet.

X
Old 11-06-01, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I thought the Dead Man Walking halloween episode from was season 3 because it was a party celebrating Buffy returning home after running away. Does she also run away after season 3 and this spills into season 4? Meesa confused.
Old 11-06-01, 02:07 PM

Originally posted by Patman
I thought the Dead Man Walking halloween episode from was season 3 because it was a party celebrating Buffy returning home after running away. Does she also run away after season 3 and this spills into season 4? Meesa confused.
Only the even-numbered seasons have Halloween episodes--Halloween (S2--where they become their costumes), Fear, Itself (S4--with the frat party), and All The Way (S6--last week's new episode).

The Dead Man's Party ep you saw wasn't a Halloween episode--just the second episode of season 3. They just kind of picked an episode at random, it seems.
Old 11-06-01, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by Patman
Dead Mans Party is the second episode from season three, ...its on FX tonight.
Old 11-06-01, 03:33 PM
MrN

Now that I finally saw the 'Anne' episode, can some one remind me which episode of 'Angel' Lily/Anne comes back in, maybe with a synopsis - thanks!
Old 11-06-01, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by MrN
Now that I finally saw the 'Anne' episode, can some one remind me which episode of 'Angel' Lily/Anne comes back in, maybe with a synopsis - thanks!
She's in 'Blood Money' where that shelter is being used as a front for Wolfram & Hart. They organize the celebrity fund raiser, and Angel presents the "proof" of Wolfram & Hart really are. I think she shows again in 'The Thin Dead Line' as well.

das
Old 11-06-01, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Finally...Faith!

Just caught Faith kicking some vamp ass and you know what, SMG's smaller frame makes for a more nimble slayer. Faith's fighting looks more like WWF action, while Buffy's fighting is just more crisper/quicker. Perhaps Faith will get better, but just my first impressions.

How tall is SMG? 5'4"?

BTW, I really enjoyed this show that introduced Faith. It was fast paced, and Eliza Dushku made a great impression. Loved when she was scarfing down all that food at the Summers place. I can tell already that Season 3 is really going to rock!

Last edited by Patman; 11-06-01 at 08:25 PM.
Old 11-07-01, 01:49 AM
MrN

Originally posted by das Monkey

She's in 'Blood Money' where that shelter is being used as a front for Wolfram & Hart. They organize the celebrity fund raiser, and Angel presents the "proof" of Wolfram & Hart really are. I think she shows again in 'The Thin Dead Line' as well.

das

Ah yes - things click into place. Thanks DM!
Old 11-07-01, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
Yeah, sorry for the confusion. Here are the two eps in confusion:

Dead Man's Party - not a Halloween ep. Season 3, Episode 2. Buffy returns from L.A. and gets yelled at by everyone for bailing. Joyce has a mask that raises the dead.

Fear, Itself - Halloween ep for Season 4. The gang goes to a frat house where Gachnar, the Fear Demon has been released (sort of).

X
Old 11-07-01, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Watching these eps again, I realize I had somehow forgotten about Trick! He was such a great character ... dunno how he slipped my mind. Oh well ... great to have him around again, if only in reruns.

das
Old 11-07-01, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Lordy...All I can say is last nights eps, what with all the Faith introdcing and plot points that crop up later- Like Willow and magic, Buffy's reliance on the gang to keep her grounded...Oh, how I love two hours of Buffy a day (and three on Tues).
Old 11-08-01, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I just finished watching the Homecoming episode of the FX Buffy (via tape), and I has LOL at so many points in the episode. The realization between Xander and Willow that they have feelings for each other was so funny. And to see Buffy kick it into high popularity mode running for homecoming queen was also a hoot. And then watching Cordelia finally grow a spine was probably the thing that signals a different Cordy has arrived.
Old 11-08-01, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

FX Buffy - "The tainted chocolate" episode. It was fun to watch the grown-ups act without many inhibitions, and to see Giles and Joyce relate to each other as young lovers was a hoot, and the principal letting his hair down was also funny. And we'll have to assume that Giles let out the ripper for Joyce.

FX Buffy - "The claw" episode. Now that was entertaining to watch as Buffy and Faith go after each other slayer on slayer. A very solid episode and at least most of the characters act like they would when they find out Angel's alive again. Can't wait until the Xander/Willow things plays out.

I find that I'm enjoying every other season 3 episode to the point that I don't want to take over them for the next week of episodes. But I guess I'll just wait for the DVD season compilations later because they are a lot of fun to watch.

I can see how they used this season to springboard Angel into his own show because Buffy and Angel realize that they need to stay away from one another, lest the gypsy spell of Willow's goes away like the last one did. (of course, all just speculation from a neophyte, and I'm sure the veterans will correct me if I'm way off base).

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.