Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Er 10/25

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-01, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Er 10/25

poor carter

Spoiler:

shocked in the nuts
elizabeth lost her 3rd post op in a row, hattrick according to romano
susan is being the bitch today instead of keary. dumping all her crap work on abby

Last edited by mikehunt; 10-25-01 at 09:41 PM.
Old 10-25-01, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think he was just hit in the jimmy. Being shocked can cause involuntary movemenets, so essientially the guy hit him.

Anyway, Good episode.
Very little weaver=good.
i guess deb quit, since her locker is up for grabs.

Looks like november sweeps will be fun I've said it before and i'll say it again, the whole reece custody battle story line is going to be annoying.
Old 10-25-01, 10:56 PM

As much as everyone hates Weaver she makes the show very interesting . It's not the same without her stirring up trouble and being a flat out bitch . I felt tonights episode was lacking a little even though i still enjoyed judt like every week .
Old 10-25-01, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,469 Likes on 2,214 Posts
tonight's show was alright

The 'Enforcer' that Susan walked in on beating the living crap out of that guy was pretty good. Trying to fake a coma to get out of paying debts.

and Carter getting punched in the nuts looked like it also set off his injured back. Am i the only one who thinks Carter's back injury could lead to having him addicted to more drugs?

It looks like Susan and Carter are going to hook up, I wonder how much tension it will create with Abby? Personally, I was hoping for Carter and Abby to hook up...I think they will sooner or later.
Old 10-26-01, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by GoldenJCJ
tonight's show was alright

It looks like Susan and Carter are going to hook up, I wonder how much tension it will create with Abby? Personally, I was hoping for Carter and Abby to hook up...I think they will sooner or later.
Same here. I thought after the whole "I'd never touch any of Luka's cookies" that they'd hook up. I remember they played with the Susan/Carter thing from one of the earlier seasons. Wonder why it seems like they're going back to it.
Old 10-26-01, 04:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Did anyone else notice that Erik Palladino was no longer listed in the opening credits, while Ming-Na was. Interesting.

Matt
Old 10-26-01, 09:13 AM

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally posted by MvRojo
Did anyone else notice that Erik Palladino was no longer listed in the opening credits, while Ming-Na was. Interesting.

Matt
I call it sucky. I was actually a big fan of Dr. Dave, and was bummed to see him leave. Supposedly Ming-Na left to work on another project, and may (probably?) be back (again!) towards the end of the season.
Old 10-26-01, 09:15 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Er 10/25

Originally posted by mikehunt

poor carter

Spoiler:

shocked in the nuts
elizabeth lost her 3rd post op in a row, hattrick according to romano
susan is being the bitch today instead of keary. dumping all her crap work on abby
Spoiler:

I don't get how Susan is being a bitch for dumping "crap work" on Abby. Abby's supposed to be a nurse, those are things nurses are supposed to do. It's almost like Abby's got this "I would be a Dr. if I hadn't ran out of money" attitude and she thinks she's too good to be a nurse. I also think she's sensing a vibe between Susan and Carter. I don't know who I'd most like to kick in the butt, Romano or Weaver. It seems to change from week to week. It's funny how the newer people seem to be taking offense to Susan being an attending physician instead of a resident, like she's just walking in like she owns the place or something.
Old 10-26-01, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Kal Jedi

Same here. I thought after the whole "I'd never touch any of Luka's cookies" that they'd hook up. I remember they played with the Susan/Carter thing from one of the earlier seasons. Wonder why it seems like they're going back to it.
They may just be setting up a temporary fling...Carter will likely end up with Abby in the end..it's kind of like Carter's getting back at Abby for dating Luka...or something.
Old 10-26-01, 09:17 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by bralph

I call it sucky. I was actually a big fan of Dr. Dave, and was bummed to see him leave. Supposedly Ming-Na left to work on another project, and may (probably?) be back (again!) towards the end of the season.
Agreed. He was cool. Didn't quite have the stick up the ass that most of the other docs there have.
Old 10-26-01, 12:52 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by ClarkKentKY
I think he was just hit in the jimmy. Being shocked can cause involuntary movemenets, so essientially the guy hit him.

Anyway, Good episode.
Very little weaver=good.
i guess deb quit, since her locker is up for grabs.
But would getting hit in the nuts cause you to fall down on the ground and curl up into a little ball? Okay, well, depending on the force of the blow, sure, maybe. But if there was any electricity going through the guy when he touched Carter, it would have flowed into Carter. Being shocked doesn't necessarily cause involuntary movements... think about zapping yourself with static (hee hee) electricity when you touch a car door or something. You don't have continuing spasms, but you do get a shock. Maybe Carter just got a little shock... enough to cause him to fall over, but not enough to cause him to keep spasming.

And yeah, Deb quit before Weaver (covering her ass) fired her, basically. That's funny that she's still in the credits, though. Two episodes later... "Hey, guys! I'm back! Again!" Maybe she brings a hospital committee or some sort of legal action against Weaver for the last person they killed? Negligence, for Weaver not answering her pages b/c she didn't have her pager? Hmm... we'll see.

Frankie like Abby!
Old 10-26-01, 01:04 PM

I predicted the whole Carter/Susan love affair last year... Feel free to check some older threads
Old 10-26-01, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,403 Likes on 859 Posts
My wife & I have been watching ER since it arrived & Carter is our favorite character. After the alluding to a budding romance between Carter & Susan, we both discussed how the casting directors never give Carter a decent looking woman. They are always butt-ugly! What's up with that. Seems unfair. Even Dr. Green gets better looking women.

He was dating that hot intern or student for about 2 episodes but ugly Abby screwed that up.

Come on guys! Carter deserves a decent piece of ass!
Old 10-26-01, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
How soon we forget that Carter dated that insurance chick who was played by Julie Bowen (Carol Vessey on Ed).

He also had that short fling with Rebecca DeMornay.
Old 10-26-01, 04:16 PM

And the 19 year old he dated last season was pretty cute too.
Old 10-26-01, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
dave ruled

Originally posted by bralph

Old 10-26-01, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Re: Er 10/25

it was the way she did it

Originally posted by AndyCapps

Spoiler:

I don't get how Susan is being a bitch for dumping "crap work" on Abby. Abby's supposed to be a nurse, those are things nurses are supposed to do. It's almost like Abby's got this "I would be a Dr. if I hadn't ran out of money" attitude and she thinks she's too good to be a nurse. I also think she's sensing a vibe between Susan and Carter. I don't know who I'd most like to kick in the butt, Romano or Weaver. It seems to change from week to week. It's funny how the newer people seem to be taking offense to Susan being an attending physician instead of a resident, like she's just walking in like she owns the place or something.
Old 10-27-01, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,403 Likes on 859 Posts
Originally posted by Patman
How soon we forget that Carter dated that insurance chick who was played by Julie Bowen (Carol Vessey on Ed).

He also had that short fling with Rebecca DeMornay.
I remembered the insurance chick. She was not very attractive.

Rebecca DeMornay??? - maybe semi-attractive 20 years ago.
Old 10-27-01, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by brianluvdvd

I remembered the insurance chick. She was not very attractive.

Rebecca DeMornay??? - maybe semi-attractive 20 years ago.
Julie Bowen not attractive? Duuuuude! I'd give Ed's left nut for that woman.

Rebecca Demornay - I'd still do her.