Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor 10/25/01

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-01, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by das Monkey

I disagree. It worked out in the end, but if I had the choice of being guaranteed to be going into the merger with 4 strong people by picking off some weak freeloaders (nice tho they may be) OR betting my future in the game on whether Lindsay could win a tiebreak against Carl ... well, I know which way I'd go. Silas plus the 4 oldies would be a strong group that should be able to survive till the merger. Then, after the merger, Silas could work his charm while the oldies were being their annoying selves. Sure, it worked out in the end, but if Lindsay had lost the tiebreaker, he'd be looking mighty stupid right now.

A virtual guarnatee of the merger vs. a 50/50 chance at the merger?

das
I have no idea how Silas thought this out. He doesn't strike me as too intelligent, so I guess he was just annoyed by the elders and went for the fight.

However, the merger chances are not what's important here! The final 2 (or final 4) is!! And Silas was guaranteed to be voted off as soon as they became 5-3 against the Borans. They may even get rid of Silas before the merge and have Kim tag along, just to make sure he doesn't pull a "Colby".

Therefore I view Silas decision as 0 chance of getting to final 2 opposed to having some chance of doing that.
Old 10-26-01, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The Gen-X-Four should have gotten rid of Linda or Kim first and kept Carl around for the physical challenges.
They are so boring and lazy. Once they merge with the Moron's they will be picked off one by one.
Lindsey just got lucky. They should have a better tie-breaker then that. That was stupid.
Linda is a nut but I like Carl and Frank. They haven't shown enough of Kim yet.
I don't find any of the women attractive at all.

Boy do I miss Colleen, Amber and Elisabeth.
Old 10-26-01, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I think they've shown plenty of Kim P. because she seems to be the one that sums up stuff the best among the Sambo's. She seems to be the most articulate.

I would think that for the next challenge, both Brandon and Kim P. have to participate, and one from the rest of the Sambo's would have to sit out to even up the teams at 6 each. I want to see Brandon's scrawny butt doing some work!

I thought Kim J and Kelly might have broken their legs when they got run over by Sambo's boulder. I was also in fear of Jeff Probst tripping and becoming a speedbump for the 2 boulders at the start of that challenge.

Lindsay is becoming the brash brat we'll love to hate. And I think the brat pack is now "untouchable" for the next 3 immunity challenges. They are totally in the driver seat. Those necklaces were just out and out ballsy (or stupid if Carl staved off elimination).

Kim P. is very much under the radar.

I can't see Frank being smart enough to turn any of the brat pack against each other, they are just too tight, for him to survive the merge. It's pretty amazing to see a pre-merge dichotomy of tribes within a tribe form so fast and so blatantly out in the open. Linda, Teresa, and Frank's days are numbered.

There is always the possiblity that Sambo takes at least 2 out of next 3 immunity challenges, and that could mean they would have a commanding presence when the tribes merge once 6 people have been given the boot. So that's the only way Frank makes it to the merge (but if Lindsay has any say, Frank will be the one that goes next because I don't think she wants him in the merge).
Old 10-26-01, 04:48 PM

The Brat Packers may have won this first round by dumping the Doc but they also hurt the tribe cause the Doc did alot of the work. I f they pick off Frank next..who will do the grunt work? Could get ugly.

videoking
Old 10-27-01, 02:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by videoking
The Brat Packers may have won this first round by dumping the Doc but they also hurt the tribe cause the Doc did alot of the work. I f they pick off Frank next..who will do the grunt work? Could get ugly.

videoking
OR could get much more entertaining. just watching those lazy bastards not do anything and meanwhile wilt away from musclar atrophy and having no water or food because they put no effort into obtaining any, nor possess enough intelligence or wit to do so. i wanna see them get crushed by the weight of their own laziness...
Old 10-27-01, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
It's too bad the brat pack didn't boot off both Carl and Frank, and then have to contend with the boulder challenge. I would have almost paid money to watch scrawny Brandon trying to push the boulder uphill with Silas.
Old 10-27-01, 06:00 PM

There's no Jerri or Sue on this show either. You loved to hate those 2, in this one you just hate em.
Old 10-28-01, 01:16 AM

Though, perhaps this is just their strategy. Let others do the work until they're gone. Then, only out of necessity do they labor.

Or, they could just be dicks.

However, I think it's pretty terrible that everyone is saying the generation is lazy rather than just these few individuals. That is rather ignorant.
Old 10-29-01, 12:04 AM

that Linda is certainly getting very entertaining with her "Godspeak" and her dissing the Brat Pack right to their faces.

Lindsey, Kim and Brandon should make many ugly faces in the next episode.

BTW, that young Kim has a pretty decent bod and is probably the best looker left. But her tude is bad and she is destined for failure.

At this point Frank must be wondering what he got himself into with these morons. Doesn't look good for him even though he has tried hard to get his tribe the essentials they will need to last 3 more weeks in the African Bush.

videoking
Old 10-29-01, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Gandalf

I have no idea how Silas thought this out. He doesn't strike me as too intelligent, so I guess he was just annoyed by the elders and went for the fight.

However, the merger chances are not what's important here! The final 2 (or final 4) is!! And Silas was guaranteed to be voted off as soon as they became 5-3 against the Borans. They may even get rid of Silas before the merge and have Kim tag along, just to make sure he doesn't pull a "Colby".

Therefore I view Silas decision as 0 chance of getting to final 2 opposed to having some chance of doing that.
I see your point (in fact, I mentioned this is another post), but I see it another way:

First off, the elders have a much better chance of winning challenges and getting supplies and maintaining immunity, allowing for an advantage come merger time.

Secondly, the elders are obnoxious (not like the others aren't), and if they enter the merger deadlocked, Silas is a personable guy ... he could likely get in good with the Morons.

Finally, the elders formed that little alliance on Day 3. Assuming he played nice with the elders, he'd have weeks to get in good with them and make friendships and be in a good position near the end. The elders weren't a die hard family at that time. He could easily have become a strong member of that group and not just an outsider to be voted off when they no longer needed him. Over time, they'd be so annoyed with Linda, she'd go before he would anyway.

Oh well. I agree that Silas was just acting from emotion, and it seems to have worked out in his favor. I would have played it much differently, but then, I only see 44 minutes of information each week. He gets all the intangibles we don't see on TV. Maybe there is logic to his decision that we're not aware of. Or maybe he's just an idiot.

das
Old 10-29-01, 10:50 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by videoking
that Linda is certainly getting very entertaining with her "Godspeak"
I agree, if by entertaining, you mean "annoying as hell!" Shut up, Linda! Get out of here already, because I don't want to hear your jibber-jabber for any longer than I already have!

Linda bad!
Old 10-29-01, 11:08 AM

I hope Mother Africa Linda gets booted off this week , i can't stand hearing her jibberish . Maybe Lindsey will offer her a warm glass of shut the hell up !
Old 10-29-01, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by jeff462v
Maybe Lindsey will offer her a warm glass of shut the hell up !