Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Surviving Giligan's Island:CBS.Did you watch?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Surviving Giligan's Island:CBS.Did you watch?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-01, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,132 Posts
Originally posted by G. Noel Gross

Did we not watch the same show? I thought they were very tough on Ginger.

The E! documentary said pretty much the same thing about Tina Louise. That being she was a bitch on the show once she found out she wasn't the star. Also, I doubt any of the participating cast had a say in what was said about Tina on the E! show.

But who knows......

Tina was also on Howard Stern years ago and she was really and they all got the vibe, like I did, she really didn't like the whole Gilligan thing.
Old 10-17-01, 11:39 AM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Giantrobo
The E! documentary
I wouldn't really call anything E! does a "documentary." They interview limo drivers and the like. It's damned entertaining, but not exactly gold. I'm not saying Ginger wasn't a bitch ... I just think they beat that drum way too much throughout, while painting everyone else as saintly.
Old 10-18-01, 09:27 AM
Moderator Emeritus

I wanted to watch it, but was too busy watching the Cardinals lose. And I forgot to tape it, doh.
Old 10-18-01, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by G. Noel Gross
Did we not watch the same show? I thought they were very tough on Ginger.
Compared to what they've said in the past, they were very kind to her. In the past Bob Denver has made her out to be a complete slut that cheated on her fiance daily (her dressing room was supposedly next to his,) a vain prima donna that refused to work with any of the cast throughout the show, drug addict (although that was later taken back,) and just about anything horrible or unkind you could say about someone was said about her in books and interviews.

When she refused to make the follow up movie she said some pretty harsh things about the show and her ex-castaways. After that, they all pretty much ripped on her whenever asked about her.
Old 10-20-01, 10:06 PM
Banned

I watched it. I remeber watching the series as a kid. I hope it comes on DVD . I almost forget about it and I found channel surfing on my TV!! The format was interesting .Maybe we'll see more TV reunion shows in this format.
Old 10-22-01, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I watched it. I also LOVED the show growing up. My cousin and I would pretend that we were the girls on the show (don't ask which was which ) and would pretend my front lawn with the sprinklers on was the lagoon. Gilligan's Island, The Brady Bunch, The Dick Van Dyke Show, Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie, my favorite sitcoms when I was a kid - I had a great childhood!

I thought the movie was great - not too surprised that the actress playing the prima donna WAS a prima donna - and it was great to see how much the others really cared about each other. And I would give a whole heck of a lot to age as gracefully and beautifully as either Barbara Eden or Dawn Wells! Of course it helps that they are as beautiful on the inside.