Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

What happened to "The Sandra Bernhard Experience"?

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 10-12-01, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not really looking to start a debate or conversation over the show itself, just wondering what happened to 'the Sandra Bernhard Experience' on A&E? Was that a test run? Pilot? It was only for two weeks. Thanks.
Old 10-12-01, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I caught one show. I don't know what happened to it. Although I like Sandra, I don't care to watch it again. Too self-indulgent and lacking any focus.
Old 10-12-01, 10:20 PM

Didn't realize it was gone. I remember they called it something like a tryout week. A few minutes the first night and a few the next and I was outta there. I also like her but not in large doses.

She did a great job a few years back hosting the Something Weird shorts (edited to shreds) on the USA network's Reel Wild Cinema. Sandra was hot in her tight tramp dresses and they stayed away from too many closeups. That mug on a bigscreen can be frightening, even tho she's the sexiest ugly chick around.
Old 10-13-01, 06:30 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

She was great on reel wild Cinema. Too bad it didn't last. You're right about her being the sexiest ugly chick. She hits you in waves. "She's hot...she's ugly...but she's still kinda hot...but shes so unattractive..although she sexy as hell....that nose...mmmm great body... etc etc etc."

The SBE show was only a test run and I don't think it was a success. On the A&E message boards there was a near revolt by the Law and Order fans(SBE replaced the 11pm rerun). Imagine what it would take to get A&E fans to use filthy language....

D