Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Practice on FX...what gives?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-01, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Practice on FX...what gives?

So in addition to Buffy and Ally re-runs I have been watching the Practice re-runs on FX. I started tuning into this show occasionally in 1998 and I'm glad to be able to see them from the beginning.

But today I was perusing an epsiode guide on the Internet and I have discovered that FX is not showing all the episodes, and they aren't in order either.

The first (short season) was fine. They aired the first 6 episodes in order. But then they skipped 3 episodes and played the next 3. Then they skipped four more episodes and showed the next three out of order.

I have a Replay TV and I have recorded every episode on the night it airs or on the repeat the next day, so I know I haven't missed any on my end.

It is very odd, since so far Buffy and Ally McBeal appear to be in order without missing any.

It is also strange that I noticed FX hasn't shown any epsiodes with Lara Flynn Boyle's character. According to the episode guides she was in some of these skipped episodes.

Anyone know what gives?

Last edited by Jadzia; 10-12-01 at 09:58 AM.
Old 10-11-01, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Practice is on syndication, so if you look at your listings, you should find them on the weekends or something. I know my UPN station airs one episode every Saturday at 8.

I think "Ally" is the only show that's not syndicated out of the three, which is odd, but makes sense, I saw FX air some episodes on the weekends and daily before Buffy (at 6 PM), I guess there wasn't a huge market for Ms. McBeal.
Old 10-12-01, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by freedexter
The Practice is on syndication, so if you look at your listings, you should find them on the weekends or something. I know my UPN station airs one episode every Saturday at 8.

I think "Ally" is the only show that's not syndicated out of the three, which is odd, but makes sense, I saw FX air some episodes on the weekends and daily before Buffy (at 6 PM), I guess there wasn't a huge market for Ms. McBeal.

Maybe you misunderstood my question. I was expressing concern that FX is not airing ALL of the Practice episodes, as they seem to be doing with Ally and Buffy.

The episodes that they play on the weekends at odd times tend to be repeats of the episodes they have already aired during the week at the regular time.

I just wonder if they aren't going to air those episodes at all or if they'll air them later, out of order.

I have checked the FX website and there seems to be no information addressing this issue.

I'm just surprised that fans of this show haven't noticed. You'd think there be some people on the Internet talking about it, but no one else seems to have noticed.
Old 10-12-01, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I didn't watch for the first 2 seasons, and have been eager to catch the beginning of the show... Like yourself, I follow things closely enough to be very bothered when modern shows aren't broadcast in proper order. There's a definite arc to these things...

Don't have FX, sadly, so I'm missing the daily Buffy & Practice... But I'm very surprised and dismayed to hear that they're botching the first run of a series they've just bought-- that doesn't bode well for future showings...
Old 10-12-01, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've been watching to catch up on the first two years of the show, and I've definitely noticed it....when the "previously on the practice" shows events you haven't seen, you know something's up....
Old 10-18-01, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Huh - thought I was just not watching all of them or something. Guess it wasn't just me and they've been failing to show the eps in order (every ep in order, that is). Very irksome indeed. I saw them all first time around (with the exception of two or three episodes in 99 when my neighbor's dogs kept chewing through the cable on the side of my house) and I was looking forward to seeing "it all from the beginning"- the early years were definitely the best on this show thus far.