TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

west wing

Old 10-10-01, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
west wing

the psychologist from terminator is on
Old 10-10-01, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
was that sulu's daughter from ST: Generations in the situation room?
Old 10-10-01, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Nikki from Spin City is on too. Did she leave Spin city or something?
Old 10-10-01, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

well i thought that it was pretty good but not as good as last year's premiere. the most interesting thing to watch was the gradual exhaustion that took place and all of the tension that just kept building and building. waiting for next week...
Old 10-10-01, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

As if I expected anything else, another fine episode from one of the best shows on TV.

das
Old 10-10-01, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I thought I saw her name in the credits, but I missed seeing her
she left a while ago, not sure exactly when or why (missed all of last season and most of the one before that due to too much being on tv at the same time) she played Dr Kimble's sister on the fugitive last season

Originally posted by huzefa
Old 10-11-01, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by huzefa
Yes. Connie Britton. I believe hers is going to be a recurring role.
Old 10-11-01, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Has Ron Silver been on the show before? Wasn't he one of the speech-writers/advisors last night?
Old 10-11-01, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by N2DVD
Has Ron Silver been on the show before? Wasn't he one of the speech-writers/advisors last night?
ron silver is new this year. he has a recurring role as bartlett's new campaign manager.
Old 10-11-01, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Ron Silver crashes another TV show late in the game. Rhoda ... Veronica's Closet ... now this. I like him though.

das
Old 10-11-01, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Could someone fill me in on that last 20 mins? I had to go on an emergency errand and the last thing I saw was Babbish about to talk to Charlie. Thanks!
Old 10-11-01, 04:25 PM

Originally posted by Kal Jedi
Could someone fill me in on that last 20 mins? I had to go on an emergency errand and the last thing I saw was Babbish about to talk to Charlie. Thanks!
Babbish isolates Charlie to tell him he will need a lawyer for the coming investigation. Charlie says he doesn't because he will simply tell the truth. Babbish goes on to tell him that he will be grilled for hours and than weeks later grilled again. If his answers are different at all, he would be opened up to a perjury charge.

Charlie asks simply, "How Much?" Babbish says, "100,000." This was then intercut with Charlie winning a game of pool (and $20) from Toby.

There is then a flashback where the CJ is having her daily press briefing and discussing the upcoming show of force in Haiti. She is getting badgered by the press on this as well as the President's health. Their are repeated variations of "Is the President's health a factor in his ability to deal with the crisis." She keeps saying that the health issue is a non-issue. She is clearly stressed and finally blurts out,

"I think the President is relieved to be dealing with something that matters."

There is dead silence in the briefing room for 3-4 seconds (while her picture is being taken several times). She tries to backpedal from the statement but it is too late.

Toby is in the back of the room and he bolts and is eventually met by Sam and the rest of the crew where they start to rant about the statement:

"The President is relieved to put American Soldiers at risk."
"The President is RELIEVED to potentially kill Haitian civilians."

CJ comes out of her briefing clearly upset and slams the door on everyone. Leo gets wind of it and gets pissed. Sam states that she is really tired like everyone else. Leo yells that everyone is tired and they have had enough time (a week) to get past much of the emotion of the issue. Sam YELLS back that "some of us have had more time than others1" Leo goes to talk to the President and that is the end of that thread.

There is a scene where the new pole results are discussed and the positive numbers are just barely in the range of being re-electible.

The end of the episode is at the President's ranch in Manchester where Leo tells the President about the FDA announcement. At first the President says the H*** with it, let's announce anyway. There is further banter and I got the feeling they will delay a day. It should be noted that the first family is still not with him (another story line).

Finally, instead of the "To be Continued. . ." screen, we get, "This is the end of Part 1."

Previews for next week look similar in structure (2 time periods) and the statement from CJ to the President that she thinks she should resign (no big suprise given the weight of the error). Voice over implies that "someone gets left behind."
Old 10-18-01, 02:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hey guys - I missed this episode (10/10) and was hoping someone could give me a full synopsis (or send me a copy ideally ). The last 20 minutes were wonderfully told by Dansize (thank you!) but I was hoping to find out about the rest.