Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

One and Only Charmed Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-01, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One and Only Charmed Thread

I finally got to watch the season premiere last night after I had taped it....

It was weird not seeing Shannen Doherty in the series....it didn't really feel the same.

I was really curious to see how they were going to explain that Paige was another sister....or actually half-sister in this case. (Piper's half-breed quip was funny. ) I think the story of how the sisters' mom had a baby with her white lighter was a good idea....(I wonder if the Halliwell dad knows?).

Rose McGowan looks like she may be a good fit...and also looks like she will be the most powerful of the 3 witches. She also needs a damn_suntan!

It was touching at the end of the show to see Paige meet her mom (Finola Hughes)...

Overall, I thought the season premiere was pretty good...the preview for this week's episode looked like it might be a little silly...but as long as the show is filled with 3 hotties, I'll keep watching.

Old 10-12-01, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, it appears that I am the only person on Earth who watches this show.

Anyhow, it was kinda cool to see Piper stop being the goodie goodie that she normally is and see her darker side....and it was a bit refreshing to see Phoebe finally mature a little more and take on more responsibility.

Paige's character makes me laugh....in a good way. I guess since she hasn't gained total control of her powers yet (do we even know what all her powers are?), it's funny watching her test them.

Anyway, since I'm the only person who watches this show, I feel pathetic talking to myself so I'll stop for now.

Old 10-12-01, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I haven't seen the episode from last night but I have it taped. Looking forward to it.
Old 10-12-01, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Kal Jedi
I haven't seen the episode from last night but I have it taped. Looking forward to it.
Holy flarking schnit! Another Charmed viewer! I'm not the only one!

Old 10-12-01, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by immortal_zeus

Holy flarking schnit! Another Charmed viewer! I'm not the only one!

No you're not. I missed most of last season but I've been watching since day one. If it stays at 9PM on Thursdays, I'm gonna be able to watch all of it this season.
Old 10-12-01, 04:33 PM

Hey there are three of us here!! Any way, I thought the premiere was okay. I don't like the way Alyssa Milano's character has taken the leadership role for the sisters. I've always liked Piper and thought she should get the lead role but I guess thats why Shannon left (or was forced out, depends on what you believe).

I like the character of paige but I don't like the fact that Phoebe has a Demon Boyfriend. (Or that Piper married their whitelighter). Also, and probably the biggest peive, how many times have all the sisters died in the past three seasons and have all been brought back to life? It kind of cheapens the whole continuity. I think they should have just brought aboard another actress to handle Prue's role. Is it me or is this show turning into a live action Voltron? Remember that cartoon? Every episode the lions would be seperate and in the last five minutes unite and destroy the robobeast? On Charmed, they have problems through out the episode and then discover a way to destroy their demon enemy by the end. It sounds like I'm bashing the show, but I'm not. I enjoy it. I just wish they would have a season long villain (ala Buffy and Angel, and from the, I believe second season, with that brother and sister deomons that were Prues boss. They were gone after like three episodes!!) and stay truer to their continuity. I really hate the whole Matrixy fight scenes with Phoebe.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by pelenor; 10-12-01 at 04:36 PM.
Old 10-12-01, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The weirder it is, the more I like it. They don't seem to be taking it too seriously anyway, so why should I? I just enjoy looking at the hotties.
Old 10-12-01, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What happened last night? I missed part of it because I had VCR programmed.
Old 10-15-01, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by pelenor
Hey there are three of us here!! Any way, I thought the premiere was okay. I don't like the way Alyssa Milano's character has taken the leadership role for the sisters. I've always liked Piper and thought she should get the lead role but I guess thats why Shannon left (or was forced out, depends on what you believe).

I like the character of paige but I don't like the fact that Phoebe has a Demon Boyfriend. (Or that Piper married their whitelighter). Also, and probably the biggest peive, how many times have all the sisters died in the past three seasons and have all been brought back to life? It kind of cheapens the whole continuity. I think they should have just brought aboard another actress to handle Prue's role. Is it me or is this show turning into a live action Voltron? Remember that cartoon? Every episode the lions would be seperate and in the last five minutes unite and destroy the robobeast? On Charmed, they have problems through out the episode and then discover a way to destroy their demon enemy by the end. It sounds like I'm bashing the show, but I'm not. I enjoy it. I just wish they would have a season long villain (ala Buffy and Angel, and from the, I believe second season, with that brother and sister deomons that were Prues boss. They were gone after like three episodes!!) and stay truer to their continuity. I really hate the whole Matrixy fight scenes with Phoebe.

What do you guys think?
Voltron...that used to be one of my favorite cartoons as a kid...

I kinda agree about the bad guys...it'd be good if they had one ultimate bad guy to fight....but they also have to kill demons in the meantime while they're out hunting for the ultimate baddie. I think "the Source" is supposed to be the ultimate baddie, but up until this past episode, they had never had any contact with him. I imagine we'll start seeing him some more (as will the sisters) as the season goes on.

RE: Phoebe/Matrix...I agree...those scenes are pretty lame. I just think it's lame in general when main characters on a TV show are instantly turned into skilled martial artists (although I do believe that they showed Phoebe taking kickboxing lessons or something in an episode before). Still, the thought of Alyssa Milano kicking some demon's ass is kinda lame.

Can't wait for the incestuous, lesbian orgy episode, though.

Old 10-15-01, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by bigjim25
What happened last night? I missed part of it because I had VCR programmed.
Well here's what I remember....sorry, I have a bad short term memory.

Spoiler:

The Source has a 48 hour window to lure Paige to the "dark side". He figures that instead of killing her outright, he'll lure her to evil so she can use her powers for evil. So he possesses Paige's boyfriend to try to brainwash her. He then possesses some abusive father of an abused child at the social services place Paige works at and tempts Paige into using her powers for evil (she gives him the father like some heart attack or something). Meanwhile, Paige has "borrowed" the Book of the Charmed (or whatever the hell it's called) so she can cast spells. She casts a spell to rid the mailroom guy at work of his acne problem....and she casts some other spells for her own benefit as well...the side effect of using the spells for her own benefit is that her breasts swell until they're Betty Boop-like, to quote one of the other sisters. Also, some monster things (forget the name, now), turn Piper into one of them and she goes on this mean streak and starts turning evil. Anyway, to make a long story short (and because I'm starting to forget further details of the episode), Paige doesn't turn evil and The Source vows to come back later.

Old 10-15-01, 01:19 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I thought the season premiere was pretty good. I agree its weird to not see SD on the show.

I missed the first 3 seasons, with the exception of some episodes from this summer.
There was always something else on tv when Charmed was on.

here's hoping that they release the episodes to dvd or at least do a FX thing like with Buffy(showing it from the first episode onward).

I would be missing it this season also, as its on thursday when other shows are on. But TNT is showing it tuesday nights so I can catch it then.
Old 10-15-01, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I watched Charmed a lot in its initial season but dropped it from my viewing list last season. From the couple episodes this season so far I'm going to start watching it again. My only big complaint so far is the childish way they have Piper handling her sisters death. Looks like they finally got her to accept it so hopefully they can drop it now.

I never much cared for Shannon so am happy she's finally gone. I also am not real fond of the fact that Piper got married, it seems they are milking the husband/wife relationship for too much extra conflict. I think it would have been sufficient to just make them close friends.
Old 10-15-01, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Count me in as a charmed fan. Although Rose McGowen is NOT a reason to watch the show. With those big bug eyes (reminds me of the eek smilie ) and pale skin. The should have at least got someone with a rack.
Old 10-15-01, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Lou Pole
Count me in as a charmed fan. Although Rose McGowen is NOT a reason to watch the show. With those big bug eyes (reminds me of the eek smilie ) and pale skin. The should have at least got someone with a rack.
I can assure you Weiner Dog, that she does indeed have a rack....do an internet search.

Old 10-15-01, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Nah... i work with her aunt. She says (direct quote) " I dont know how she got the job on that show. She has no chest compared to the other girls on the show"

I have seen her in several movies. If she didnt wear a push up bra it would be like watching a little boy.

I dont know. I just dont think she's that good of an actress to begin with. And rack or no rack, she's not that attractive IMO.

Last edited by Lou Pole; 10-15-01 at 04:26 PM.
Old 10-16-01, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Nah... i work with her aunt. She says (direct quote) " I dont know how she got the job on that show. She has no chest compared to the other girls on the show"

I have seen her in several movies. If she didnt wear a push up bra it would be like watching a little boy.

I dont know. I just dont think she's that good of an actress to begin with. And rack or no rack, she's not that attractive IMO.
Well, Alyssa Milano is pretty big...a C cup....but hers are fake. Holly Marie Combs looks like she's a B cup...but hers are probably real. I would say Rose McGowan is probably a C cup....did you ever see The Doom Generation? I think you get a nice look at her breasteses in that movie. I never really thought she was that attractive either, but all in all, she's not bad.

Old 10-17-01, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, Alyssa Milano is pretty big...a C cup....but hers are fake. Holly Marie Combs looks like she's a B cup...but hers are probably real. I would say Rose McGowan is probably a C cup....did you ever see The Doom Generation? I think you get a nice look at her breasteses in that movie. I never really thought she was that attractive either, but all in all, she's not bad.

She doesnt look nearly as big as the other two. I noticed you didnt comment on her acting ability.
Old 10-18-01, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Oh man. I just saw the preview for tomorrow's show and I think it'll be a hoot.
Spoiler:
Phoebe and Paige switching bodies. It'll be funny to see how the 2 do impressions of one another.
Old 10-18-01, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The only reason I watch the show is to see how the gals and their guys react with each other. I love the half-demon Cole and the white-lighter Leo. Perfectly, imperfect guys just as the gals have their problems. I liked Andy also and was sad to see him leave the show. I never cared for Pru so her death ment nothing to me.
Old 10-18-01, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

She doesnt look nearly as big as the other two. I noticed you didnt comment on her acting ability.
What acting ability?

Seriously, I've seen worse....

Old 10-18-01, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by pagansoul
The only reason I watch the show is to see how the gals and their guys react with each other. I love the half-demon Cole and the white-lighter Leo. Perfectly, imperfect guys just as the gals have their problems. I liked Andy also and was sad to see him leave the show. I never cared for Pru so her death ment nothing to me.
Prue's death didn't mean anything to you? Wow.

Old 10-18-01, 05:49 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Alyssa Milano. The reason I ever tuned in. I need to tune in to the body switching one. I'd like to switch bodies with her, I wouldn't be able to get enough of myself.
Old 10-22-01, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Okay, obviously I'm posting this a little late, but better late than never....

Anyway, I thought this past episode (the Chinese-themed one where Phoebe and Paige switch bodies) was pretty good. It was funny seeing them try to be like each other.....

Did anybody else catch the Star Wars reference at the end? (It was hard not to). Phoebe had her hair in buns a la Princess Leia and she asked Cole if they were going to use lightsabers to continue her training....

Old 10-22-01, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Did anybody else catch the Star Wars reference at the end? (It was hard not to). Phoebe had her hair in buns a la Princess Leia and she asked Cole if they were going to use lightsabers to continue her training....

Whoa. I missed that...Gotta look at the recording later.
Old 10-26-01, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Last night's episode was pretty good. Cole was conspicuously missing....wonder what happened to him? It was cool seeing Robert Englund (of Freddy Krueger fame), although I'm not a Nightmare on Elm Street buff.

What was up when Phoebe got shrunk and she "flew" to the cupboard to rescue the other girl? I thought she could only levitate (a la Matrix)? Or was it because she was so small, she was able to levitate higher?

Watching Piper get acquainted to the big sister role is kinda funny. She's always been the most level-headed one in my book, anyway.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.