TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Buffy on E!

Old 10-08-01, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buffy on E!

Managed to catch it on tape last night. I think it replays on Friday and next Sunday.

Pretty decent show. Not too much new -- minor spoiler (rumor?) about Spike, and anybody who doesn't like Marsters w/o the accent (such as my wife), should stay away. However, he's in a tank top, if you're into that sort of thing.
Old 10-08-01, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Definitely would have been a bad idea to see this before the premiere ... they gave away way too much. Also, there's some other very minor spoiler stuff for a future episode, not so much content, but theme.

I really enjoyed the special, but not because of E! Those damn "E! Online TV Experts" need to be shot. It was obvious that this chick had jumped on the Buffy bandwagon midway through the game and still hadn't gone back to watch the previous episodes. I can't remember the details off hand, but she overgeneralized some major plot aspects to the point of inaccuracy, a mistake she wouldn't have made had she seen all the episodes. I wish I could remember some examples.

It was great to hear them talk about the Emmys: SMG quite simply saying that they weren't that important and Joss pointing out that critics resent that "people this beautiful can be so good." Overall, I enjoyed most of it.

das
Old 10-09-01, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Das - agreed on the spoilers. Glad I didn't watch this before the premiere. I thought this was a really nice special except for two things - one, the host, who thought she needed to re-introduce herself after every break. Sorry, just don't care. Now give me more Buffy. Second, the E! Online "expert" (and I use sarcastic quotation fingers) was Wanda, and she sucks the big one. You can read her spoiler column every week online if you want, but someone has been feeding her bogus material since the beginning of last season. Plus, you described her exactly above. Don't know when she came into the show, but she sure didn't try to get her facts exact before she started spouting off, did she? Ugh. Hate that chick. Sorry to vent. I'd have to go back to see what she actually said that bugged me so much, but I was actually yelling at the TV cause she messed it up so bad.

X
Old 10-09-01, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Overall I liked it as well, but was bothered by some of the inaccuricies. Glad I didn't watch this before the opener as well. Liked the interviews.