Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Friends question

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-01, 03:28 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Daytripper:
You people, I swear to God.

You're really that surprised that were not immediately accepting heresay as Gospel?! No one's saying you're wrong, we're just giving the source of the info its due...
Old 10-12-01, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
Heresay? This is widely reported everywhere. I was only saying that someone I know on the show said he's heard the same. Not to mention, what could I possibly have to gain by posting something like this? Jesus!

Last edited by Daytripper; 10-12-01 at 03:46 PM.
Old 10-12-01, 04:29 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
There's no reason to get heated, Daytripper, you simply made it sound like a rumor (no matter how substantiated it may seem) was gospel, and some of us were having fun with it. At least three seperate people poked fun your way, so isn't it just possible that your initial post came off a little more self-importantly than it was warranted? No biggie, though, dude--chill...
Old 10-12-01, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Please explain to me how "I know someone who is an extra on "Friends" (always in Central Perk scenes, etc), who ASSURES me this is indeed the last season" is self-important? What exactly does this have to do with me personally and how do I benefit by it? This has nothing to do with me OR gospel (the second time you've used that word). It's just something I wanted to share regarding the "rumor". This only got heated because I can't believe I'm having to defend something so ridiculous. I actually wasn't responding to your comments Filmmaker. At least your initial post to me was civil and not smug like the others. I have a sense of humor and the laughs always start with me. It's practically being called a liar that I don't like. Especially over something like this. So I know an extra who concurs what everyone else is saying. Whoop-dee-****ing-do
Old 10-12-01, 06:45 PM
Banned

Please explain to me how "I know someone who is an extra on "Friends" (always in Central Perk scenes, etc), who ASSURES me this is indeed the last season" is self-important?

Well, just the use of all caps conveys a "that's all folks, no need to continue debating the issue" quality--ergo, it sounds ever so slightly self-important and like the gospel truth.

What exactly does this have to do with me personally and how do I benefit by it?

Nothing, beyond perhaps self-directed ego-stroking by looking like you have insight into facts that us little people are unclear on. I realize this isn't the case, I'm just saying that's how it could and may have been perceived...

This has nothing to do with me OR gospel (the second time you've used that word). It's just something I wanted to share regarding the "rumor". This only got heated because I can't believe I'm having to defend something so ridiculous.

You don't really have to defend yourself. Lighten up a little--it seems clear to me that everyone's just poking a little fun your way. I just don't think your hostility is quite warranted.

I actually wasn't responding to your comments Filmmaker. At least your initial post to me was civil and not smug like the others. I have a sense of humor and the laughs always start with me. It's practically being called a liar that I don't like.

Again, I think you're perhaps seeing things in a light that no one intended (if I can be so presumptuous as to speak on behalf of the other posters you reference). If I'm wrong, then piss on 'em...
Old 10-12-01, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'll make a deal with you Filmmaker, I'll take things more lightly if you promise not to read too much into things. Last remarks and defense on this... my mere 24 word contribution to this discussion was hardly slamming the door on the topic. Nor was it as dramatical as you're making it out to be. The upper caps were only used to show how confident my friend seemed to be that this indeed was the last season. Has nothing to do with me or what I think. If someone, somehow, views this as self-directing ego-stroking, well then that's their problem. And they've got way too much time on their hands. There was absolutely no reason to dissect what I said. To recap, I just wanted to share what someone told me who has been an extra on the show for years. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Let's move on.....shall we?
Old 10-13-01, 08:11 AM
Banned

I'll make a deal with you Filmmaker, I'll take things more lightly if you promise not to read too much into things. Last remarks and defense on this... my mere 24 word contribution to this discussion was hardly slamming the door on the topic. Nor was it as dramatical as you're making it out to be. The upper caps were only used to show how confident my friend seemed to be that this indeed was the last season. Has nothing to do with me or what I think. If someone, somehow, views this as self-directing ego-stroking, well then that's their problem. And they've got way too much time on their hands. There was absolutely no reason to dissect what I said. To recap, I just wanted to share what someone told me who has been an extra on the show for years. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Doesn't it suck that the internet doesn't provide a capability for hearing others' tones-of-voice? That way, we could avoid instances such as this where two reasonable individuals start snipping at each other for non-existent reasons...

Let's move on.....shall we?

Count me in, mon ami...
Old 10-13-01, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Doesn't it suck that the internet doesn't provide a capability for hearing others' tones-of-voice? That way, we could avoid instances such as this where two reasonable individuals start snipping at each other for non-existent reasons...

Very true, and can be embarrassing. Sadly, this happens all the time on the internet. I've seen all out wars start for really no good reason. Thanks for not letting this happen and being so level headed.

Count me in, mon ami...

You're a good guy (girl?) Cheers!
Old 10-13-01, 09:08 AM
Banned

You're a good guy (girl?)

I'm all dude, and it swings down low...
Old 10-13-01, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You too?
Old 10-13-01, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

But getting back on topic..... Although I'm a fan of the show, I think the writing in the past year, and the first three episodes this year, have been subpar. I'd even go so far as to say the show this year is borderline awful. The characters are almost
nothing like they were the first few years. Especially Monica. That whole Ross and Chandler taking another roll of film to make her happy because she's no longer a bride was just plain stupid. If the show doesn't improve, it'll go down like "Roseanne". Great first few years, lousy last two.
Old 10-14-01, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by clemente
I think we're all hoping its the last season. The show has been losing gas fast!! Let it go while its still somewhat funny.
NO NO NO. I want another season. I don't think it has lost anything IMO. I still watch it every week like I always have. Same with Frasier.
Old 10-14-01, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Eternia

NO NO NO. I want another season. I don't think it has lost anything IMO. I still watch it every week like I always have. Same with Frasier.
Me neither, but it's not gonna happen. If they were giong to extend their contracts, it would have happened by now. So as of this moment, it's 99% certain they will not come back for another year. But who knows....