UC: Undercover (9/30/01)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 10-01-01, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spoilers

OK, so why's it called UC:Undercover? It's not CJ: Crossing Jordan or TEOFMB: THe Education of Max Bickford, so what's the deal? I guess it sounds "cooler" that way, but it's really pretty silly.

Anyway, I enjoyed it, but I'll need to see more to make a final decision. William Forsythe was great, and it will be interesting to see what happens when Ving Rhames gets some screen time. I'm hoping the show will focus on multiple undercover operations going on at the same time instead of just one plotline. And I'll certainly watch anything with Vera Farmiga ... I can see why that Carlos character was in prison ... I'd go to prison for those eyes too.

A few bad points: the partner shooting initiation down by the docks was a little silly, since every undercover show/movie has this, and the gunfight outside the bank was straight out of 'Heat', except not as good. Everything else I really liked. The acting was quite good, and I really felt where these characters were coming from.

I'll definitely give it a few more weeks to establish all the characters and find its direction.

das
Old 10-01-01, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The Pilot was all over the place "borrowing" from Heat as you stated along with Enemy of the State but done with a 15 dollar budget. All the familiar cliches were there. The "you brought me in to do a job so let me do it!!" scene. Not to mention the "your getting to close" conversation. Also in the begining why go to all the trouble to lose the cops and drive to a bank if you have a helicopter waiting for you? Why not go to the bank in a Helicopter? For that matter why do you have to go undercover to catch a bunch of bank robbers who you know are robbing banks? The cops were right there when they were leaving the bank they even shot one of their crew. This show makes Falcone seem like a work of genius.
Old 10-01-01, 11:55 AM

Originally posted by Thrush
The Pilot was all over the place "borrowing" from Heat as you stated along with Enemy of the State but done with a 15 dollar budget. All the familiar cliches were there. The "you brought me in to do a job so let me do it!!" scene. Not to mention the "your getting to close" conversation. Also in the begining why go to all the trouble to lose the cops and drive to a bank if you have a helicopter waiting for you? Why not go to the bank in a Helicopter? For that matter why do you have to go undercover to catch a bunch of bank robbers who you know are robbing banks? The cops were right there when they were leaving the bank they even shot one of their crew. This show makes Falcone seem like a work of genius.
"From the writer of Armageddon"
Old 10-01-01, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by No Use For A Name

"From the writer of Armageddon"
You beat me to it!
Old 10-04-01, 11:30 PM

This show is going nowhere fast. A big dissapointment. The director needs to go back to school. MTV has better camera work. Why don't they just cut to the chase and call it what it is. SPR meets Heat meets Wiseguy meets You Can't Do That On Television. Note, the only blood came from a leg wound. All other shots where in the chest or back and they all made this magic white powder appear. :cough:A-Team:cough: This show is ridiculous, but unlike A-Team, it's trying to act serious about it. It's only saving grace is it's dramatic sequences. Which the director was kind enough to calm down for. I'll watch the second episode and hope they hand it off to a better director, but I'm not holding my breath. It's as if ever since BWP and SPR there's this new school for directing that teaches nothing but how to try and give your audience motion sickness.
Old 10-05-01, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

As I told a friend of mine. If you want to watch UC don't watch Alias because UC will seem very boring.