Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Who is THE MOLE? (9/28)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: What was The Mole's role during the leadership game?
The Leaders Team
14.29%
The Crossbow-Biathlon Team
35.71%
The Pulse-Ropewalk Team
14.29%
The Swing for Life Team
35.71%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Who is THE MOLE? (9/28)

Old 09-29-01, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who is THE MOLE? (9/28)

Woah, talk about taking a taking a show in a new twist....

I did not expect the producers to put the players personal belongings at stake. I wonder if, in the end episode, we find out those were fakes, and the possessions get returned in the end.

Damn, I doubt I would survive the Swing For Life game.

This is going to get very interesting.....
Old 09-29-01, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

No Twikoff? Oh, wrong forum.

das

Seriously, though, is this show any good? Seemed a little silly to me, but I honestly have never watched it.
Old 09-29-01, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I really like this show. I completely forgot about it premiering tonight and so missed the first half, so I haven't started formulating an opinion yet of who the Mole is. This show last year was probably the most creative of the "reality" programs, so I'll definitely be watching it this year.

I bet the personal possessions turn up before the end, though. They'll probably come into play in some contest down the line.
Old 09-29-01, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You can check out ABC's website for show details, but basically, it's a show about observation and intellect. Fourteen players are competiting to complete challanges to earn money in the pot. One of the players, however, is a double-agent working for the producers and sabotaging the game. It is the other players job to figure out who the mole is. There is a elimination quiz, and the person who gets the most questions wrong has to leave the game. ("You are the weakest link. Good-bye.")

Personally, if I was the mole, I would have played the game straight without any deceit during the first round just to confuse the players.
Old 09-29-01, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

the people in the game who think elavia is the mole are pretty stupid i think, why would she refuse to do it and get an exemption if she was the mole? she would have aced the quiz at the end and moved on anyway
Old 09-29-01, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Blaster1
the people in the game who think elavia is the mole are pretty stupid i think, why would she refuse to do it and get an exemption if she was the mole? she would have aced the quiz at the end and moved on anyway
Sometimes the mole will do things to throw others off his/her trail and sometimes regular contestants will do things to make others think he/she is the mole so that they'll be eliminated by voting wrong. It's all a big mind game. That's one thing that makes the game so cool.
Old 09-29-01, 01:09 AM

I think that's the point. The Mole, you would think, wouldn't want to be too obvious...but by being really obvious you get people thinking there is no way you'd ever be that obvious.

I thought the show was good but not great. They questions they asked before they burned the belongings were pretty much impossible to answer and that took away from the suspense of the show.

The guy with the racing heart needs to see his cardiologist because he really did seem very calm and it was almost as if the machine wasn't working. That made me wonder a bit if the show could have messed with is readings if he's the mole. Maybe if he is, they just wanted him to make it close because with all of his problems he finished too close to the end of the time limit for me to believe. So he's have been my first guess as the mole.
Old 09-29-01, 01:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm paying more attention to Mole II than I did for the original to see how well I observe. (I figure this much, I don't think the mole would be a woman again...right?!)

I said in another topic that I have some doubts about the bag burning segment. Why would people put what seemed like their life savings in the bag in the first place, when all the players were told to do was bring some extra clothing for an overnight stay? I think the point was to play mind games with the contestants to throw them off the mole's trail. I doubt ABC would get away with a bible burning for one thing. If this results in protests, ABC will probably do the best to keep mum, otherwise they'd give away the outcome to explain what happened...
Old 09-29-01, 02:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i read this on another msg board and i think the poster has figured out who the mole is, they put a clue in each episode and if you find it you will figure out who the mole is, well the guy with the fast heartbeat did 2 crossings on the rope, which would be a double crossing, the mole is double crossing the other contestants, so i think he is the mole
Old 09-29-01, 03:28 PM

she would have aced the quiz at the end and moved on anyway
Although the mole does take the quiz, and although the Mole could probably get every question right, his/her quiz isn't even scored. The producers automatically ignore it so that they never have to worry about accidentally kicking out the mole. So basically, the mole can answer every question wrong if they want to.
Old 09-29-01, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I am.

what a dumb show, thank god only thing I recieve is a check for likness rights
Old 09-30-01, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

i read this on another msg board and i think the poster has figured out who the mole is, they put a clue in each episode and if you find it you will figure out who the mole is, well the guy with the fast heartbeat did 2 crossings on the rope, which would be a double crossing, the mole is double crossing the other contestants, so i think he is the mole
I think that's a good theory if the contestants were assigned jobs, but not only was the group they ended up chosen at random by two members, but the fact that he went last was also not something that they producers could have arranged. I was looking too, but I saw squat.

I kinda miss the first cast....but its just gonna take some time for these people to grow on me.
Old 10-01-01, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

they put a clue in each episode and if you find it you will figure out who the mole is, well the guy with the fast heartbeat did 2 crossings on the rope, which would be a double crossing, the mole is double crossing the other contestants, so i think he is the mole

I thought that this might be the "clue" - during the montage at the end when the camera scrolls down the computer screen with the questions, the last one is "Who is the Mole?", with each person's name. The mouse pointer slowly scrolls down the screen and seems to stop for a moment on Elavia, then the camera cuts away.

Yeah, really far-fetched I know, but I'm trying here.

And this is definitely the most under-rated "reality game show" out there. This is pretty much the only one where your fate is in YOUR hands, not the others.
Old 10-01-01, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

How about one of the earliest expressions which could have been a clue. When the host is talking to the two leaders, and asks the black guy (sorry can't remember anyones name yet) if he's worried about the bike contest (in case the mole is one of the people they picked). He says no, and then the host says, "well you could be the mole." This could have been done just to show at the end that they gave you a clue right away. Honestly I don't have a clue yet except to say it's not the large girl. On the first mole I picked her out in the first 5 minutes of the show. But the way they started this one, you could get the first raw reactions and compare them. So I have no clue.
Old 10-01-01, 03:17 PM

As for "clues," does anybody remember the last season? They listed off all the "clues," all of which were actually stupid coincidences that did nothing to point us in the right direction. Keep in mind that not even the host knows who the mole is.
Old 10-03-01, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Groucho
As for "clues," does anybody remember the last season? They listed off all the "clues," all of which were actually stupid coincidences that did nothing to point us in the right direction. Keep in mind that not even the host knows who the mole is.

I agree, the "clues" at the end of the first season were kind of lame. But I did like one of them, which was actually a goof on the "Mole's" part - the line in the watch game game and "let's take a shot at this one", or something like that. Whoops!
Old 10-03-01, 06:31 PM
Banned

Re: Who is THE MOLE? (9/28)

Originally posted by MarkHoltz
Who is THE MOLE? (9/28)
I don't know, but they'd better keep their head down!

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=147279