Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

FX Reruns of Buffy, The Practice, and Ally Start Monday (9/24)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 09-21-01, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't forget ... all you chumps who still haven't seen Buffy, here's your chance to catch up. Here's the schedule as I understand it:

7pm Buffy
8pm Ally McBeal
9pm The Practice

Repeats the following day:
10am Ally McBeal
11am The Practice
4pm Buffy

Thank you, God.

das
Old 09-21-01, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
...or a chance to watch The Practice when it was actually a decent show.
Old 09-21-01, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I am glad they are repeating them in the morning. This way I can ReplayTV alll the episodes, even when it would interfere with primetime stuff.

I have never seen Buffy, but I have always heard great things about it, so now's my chance.

I have seen every epsiode of Ally but it will be great to revisit the first 2 seasons.

And I've only watched the Practice sporadically, so it will be nice to see them all from the beginning.
Old 09-21-01, 10:30 PM

When you say Buffy is at 7 PM, do you mean it is 6 PM in central time zone?
Old 09-22-01, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by Red Dog
...or a chance to watch The Practice when it was actually a decent show.
Exactly, when their wasn't a gimmick explosion or death ever week!

That first abreviated season when it took NYPD Blue's place for a few weeks really put me on notice right away that The Practice was a show to watch.....
Old 09-23-01, 11:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it will be good to watch Buffy from the beginning again
Old 09-24-01, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

das - yea, it would have been nice had they put first season on DVD this past January as they had planned. I will get to catch up on the eps I missed in Seasons 1 and 2 and who can resist rewatching the rest.

Jadzia - welcome to Buffyverse. I think you'll enjoy your stay.
Old 09-24-01, 01:02 PM

I just found out that they are playing the Buffy movie at 5 and then at 7 they are starting with the series
Old 09-24-01, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have DishNetwork so my FX is east coast based, even though I'm in California. This means Buffy is on at 4pm for me today (repeated tomorrow at 1pm). Yay! I started watching in season 3, so I'm quite excited about seeing the first 2 seasons.
Old 09-24-01, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

WarriorPrincess - welcome! I'm a big Buffy fan, but I also like Xena. Would have love to have seen that team up!
Old 09-24-01, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by elektra
WarriorPrincess - welcome! I'm a big Buffy fan, but I also like Xena. Would have love to have seen that team up!
Xena was a damn fine program ... it sucks that Oxygen shows it in that fake widescreen with little tidbits of information at the bottom. Really REALLY annoying.

Btw, I got to spend quite a bit of time with Ted Raimi at Dragon ... one of the coolest "celebrities" I've ever met. His new film 'The Attic Expeditions' with Alice Cooper and Jeffrey Combs looks damn good.

das
Old 09-24-01, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So, I see that you are Buffy fans....Do you watch Angel? I have been watching Buffy since the beginning and I am glad that I found others who find Buffy a great show.
Old 09-24-01, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hi Elektra and das Monkey!
I would have loved to have seen Buffy and Xena team up, too. Well, at least when Xena was a "good" show
Spoiler:
...after she killed most of the gods off it wasn't nearly as well written imho. Plus I had my fill of subtext a long time ago, but I digress. Still is one of my favorite shows of all time.

I LOVED this first episode of Buffy. Looks like Whedon doesn't dissapoint. From the first episode he was "true" to the characters and did a great job of introducing his world and setting up the series. I look forward to the day when they finally release the series in Region 1, in widescreen, in season sets on dvd.

Actually, I want the same thing for Xena, Farscape (too expensive one by one), Andromeda, Witchblade, Charmed, Gilmore Girls and Angel.

Whitetigress, in answer to your question - yes I LOVE Angel, too. Well, with David Boreanaz, can't really go wrong. I'm taping the season premiere right now, since I've been on the phone with my best friend. Ten more minutes and I get to watch it.

Last edited by WarriorPrincess; 09-24-01 at 08:57 PM.
Old 09-24-01, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I too really like Angel. Some people don't seem to accept that it's not Buffy ... it's a completely different style of show, but I really like it. I still miss Doyle though

das
Old 09-24-01, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Okay, well let me say that Yes, I love Angel and the series premiere ROCKED!!!!! I taped it while a friend of mine and I watched. I'll watch it again over the weekend.

Xena is the only show I feel that the first season was the strongest and it went downhill from there. I would love the first season on DVD with LOTS of Xtras!!!!!

I got to see Lucy in "Grease" on Broadway. I thought she did a great job. Can't wait to see her in the X-Files. I think she's an actress that is seriously underrated. I find her an incredible talent and look forward to new stuff from her.

Yes, I do miss Doyle too. I was hoping that TPB would see what a hard time Cordy is having with the visions and send him back or something, but it doesn't seem like that's going to happen. I know that since the end of last season, they've made her discomfort with her visions a key issue, so that means they'll be dealing with it before too long. Sometime this season. It will be interesting to see how.
Old 09-24-01, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

*SPOILERS*

Yeah, David makes the show so much better! What do you guys think of Darla being pregnant?
Old 09-25-01, 03:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by elektra
...Xena is the only show I feel that the first season was the strongest and it went downhill from there. I would love the first season on DVD with LOTS of Xtras!!!!!

I got to see Lucy in "Grease" on Broadway. I thought she did a great job. Can't wait to see her in the X-Files. I think she's an actress that is seriously underrated. I find her an incredible talent and look forward to new stuff from her.
I'm so jealous that you got to see Lucy in Grease! She's my favorite actress, and Grease is my favorite musical, so it's a fantastic combo. Lucky girl!

As to Xena going downhill after season 1, I disagree. It was definitely MUCH better the first few seasons (up and down spots like any series) but it really didn't decline in my eyes overall until this last season. My favorite episodes were the ones where Lucy played more than one part (Xena, Meg, Princess Diana, Hestian Priestess). Especially when one character was pretending to be another character - and you could tell just by the mannerisms! Truly an incredibly talented actress. It never ceased to amaze me when I could tell that Lucy was playing Meg playing Xena, or Xena was pretending to be the Hestian Priestess/Meg/Princess Diana, or any combo. How many actors/actresses have that kind of talent I ask? Few, very few. Plus she can SING. Quite a beautiful voice. I REALLY want the show to come out on dvd so I can relive the "glory days."

And I too think the situation is coming to a head with Cordy and the visions. Should be very interesting. And the ending shot tonight - whoa! Looks to be a great season.

I should have kept an ad from when ABC ran the campaign a couple of years ago that said "I love tv" as its tagline. 'Cause I LOVE tv!
Old 09-25-01, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by WarriorPrincess

I should have kept an ad from when ABC ran the campaign a couple of years ago that said "I love tv" as its tagline. 'Cause I LOVE tv!
Always remember, it's 34% better than real life ...

As for Xena, I'm a fan of 2nd and 3rd season the most I think. I liked most everything they did, but I was particularly attracted to the dynamic relationship she had with Gabrielle ... then again, I'm in love with Gabrielle, so ... but anyway ... great show. It needs DVD treatment.

das