Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Update me: Is Anderson leaving X Files and are they carrying on after?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-01, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’m sure I read she was quitting but that they were going to drag this on even after she’s left. I guess Chris Carter’s disastrous run of luck on other shows (Millenium, Harsh Realm, Lone Gunmen etc) explains why he wants to flog this increasingly tired looking horse* but won’t anyone have the decency to let us remember the show as it was rather than putting this thing on life support?

I’m sure Duchovny would come back for one final season if they offered him a small countries worth of cash and if they resolved ALL the big stories. Kind of an apocalyptic series finale - maybe they could die at the end?

.*Don’t get me wrong, I like Robert Patrick, what I’ve seen that is, but he’s not Mulder.
Old 09-07-01, 02:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think that they want to continue with the show after Gillian Anderson leaves, which is why they introduced that new girl.

I'm not sure about David Duchovny. Every interview either has him saying he hates the show or that they couldnt pay him enough to come back.

Matt
Old 09-07-01, 05:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I haven't seen or heard any of the interviews where DD said that he hates the show, but I have seen that he has said that he's done with the show, but I believe he said he would do feature films. Anderson is contracted through this season and past that, it's anyone's guess.

I like Robert Patrick's character, but have not see enough of the other new person to say about her.

The show, although this last season was pretty well written, has lost some of the charm. I will watch through the end of this season, but past this point, I don't know.