TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Family Guy 9-5

Old 09-06-01, 01:25 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Family Guy 9-5

I'm loving the celebrity cameos on this show. Not only did Adam Corrola reprise his role as "Death" but Jimmy Kimmel joined in as "Death's Dog". Excellent episode in all.

"It's gonna RAIN!"
Old 09-06-01, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,359 Likes on 922 Posts
there were also a few other voice cameos. Will Ferral of SNL fame was the Black Night. Plus the guy who voiced the nerd is one of the Jerky Boys. Jimmy something or other.
Old 09-06-01, 01:38 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Deftones17
there were also a few other voice cameos. Will Ferral of SNL fame was the Black Night. Plus the guy who voiced the nerd is one of the Jerky Boys. Jimmy something or other.
Word. I could do without Will Ferrel though. He has yet to do one funny thing in his entire life.
Old 09-06-01, 01:41 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Bust

Word. I could do without Will Ferrel though. He has yet to do one funny thing in his entire life.
You are joking, right? Will Ferrel is easily one of the most talented comics out there today...me and my friends honor him and look up to him as one of the funniest men alive. He manages to take a terrible movie like Superstar and make it somewhat viewable with his witty humor. He is a genius and never before have I heard anyone not like it.

On another note, I watched a little bit of the show last night and it was hilarious as always. Too bad Lost was on, or I would've watched FG more.
Old 09-06-01, 01:51 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Mike_AA
Will Ferrel is easily one of the most talented comics out there today...me and my friends honor him and look up to him as one of the funniest men alive. He manages to take a terrible movie like Superstar and make it somewhat viewable with his witty humor. He is a genius and never before have I heard anyone not like it.

now that is funnier than anything Ferrel has ever done. Admitting that you've even seen Superstar is bad enough. But hey, different strokes for different folks.

One thing that did bug me about last night's FG was the 'Sound of Music' deal when the kids were singing their way up to bed. I think that's the longest I've ever watched the show without finding something funny about it.
Old 09-06-01, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,359 Likes on 922 Posts
bust, i agree about the singing part with the kids. not very funny at all.

i do disagree, however, about Will Ferral. I think he's probably one of the top comics out there. but like you said, different strokes for different folks.
Old 09-06-01, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 225 Likes on 145 Posts
One thing that did bug me about last night's FG was the 'Sound of Music' deal when the kids were singing their way up to bed. I think that's the longest I've ever watched the show without finding something funny about it.

It's amazing how they can come up with great stuff like, "I'll have to go back to my old job at the Electric Company" and then run right into a brick wall with that whole 'good night' thing.

Overall, it's a great show. Love the new character, the nerd. Ding!
Old 09-06-01, 03:12 PM
Banned

now that is funnier than anything Ferrel has ever done. Admitting that you've even seen Superstar is bad enough. But hey, different strokes for different folks.
Trust me, I didn't see Superstar on my own free will. But as terrible as the movie was, Will made it so I didn't kill myself.

If you don't like Will in Jay & Silent Bob or in his Celebrity Jeopardy roles on SNL then I think you are missing out on some great stuff. But like you said: different strokes for different folks.
Old 09-06-01, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
when did corola start doing death?
it was Norm mcdonald
Old 09-06-01, 06:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love the Jerky boy's character (the Jerky boy is using the voice of "Sol Rosenburg" from so many of their CD's). Anyway, I too think that Will Ferral is very funny, and he is one of the only reasons I watch the new SNL's since Sherri O'Tari and Molly Shannon left. I really think he is great.
Old 09-07-01, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by mikehunt
when did corola start doing death?
it was Norm mcdonald
Norm MacDonald did the very first episode involving death, since then it's been Adam Carolla.

And yes, that singing part was dumb of dull.
Old 09-07-01, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I liked Norm better. He just had more of a lazy sarcastic thing going. Death's mom had the right voice. I must have missed the dog.