Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone else saddened by the eries finale of ST:Voyager?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Anyone else saddened by the eries finale of ST:Voyager?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-01, 07:50 AM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not much of a trek/voyager fan but I did see a commercial for the last episode and since I thought I saw John from V is gonna be in it, I may have to watch it.. always wondered what ever happened to that guy
Old 05-18-01, 08:03 AM

V as in Visitor's? I LOVED THAT Moive/series. I think I'll starta thread on it.
Old 05-18-01, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by POWERBOMB
Wow, so many questions.

Kess was scripted out of the show by having the mysterious ability [it was never explained why it happened to her, as it isn't a part of her race] to see "farther" and perform things by thought. She could penetrate into the pass the sub-atomic, which apparently as far as science believes it can go.
Actually they did touch on this. They found the female Caretaker, who was protecting her own group of Kess' race, Ocampa(?), only this Caretaker tought them how to use their telekinetic/psychic/superhuman abilities. The Ocampa tried to pursuade Kess to join them and train properly (the guy form teh Alien NBation tv series and Robot Jox was the main Ocampa), and the female Caretaker tried to destroy the ship and so forth, but you know, Kess couldnt leave the ferret (i mean Neelix) and they talked the Caretaker out of killing them.

As far as why she left, fictionwise, i never saw that episode. But, the epidsode they did this season, where she came back to the ship, has flashbacks that said she left of her own will to go back and find her people to help her deal with her powers.
Old 05-18-01, 04:31 PM

I believe her leaving was not of her own choice. If I recall it correctly her powers grew out of control and she basically became "one with everything." i think that is how she described it. I remember during the show she just vanished and reappeared like 2 seconds later and said that is how it felt. That she was a part of all things. It keeps happening where she vanishes and she forces herself to reappear. Later in the show it ends up being harder to control and eventually she fades away and becomes one with space or some such. She then sent voyager ahead like some 15 lightyears in the blink of an eye and out of borg controlled space as someone said earlier.

When she returned later, older and with a chip on her shoulder, she never talked about how she was able to come back. She just came on board and used the warp core to time travel.
Old 05-18-01, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

See, i agree with the people who are saying beware cause its a time episode. I've often ranted about how voyager lost my viewership by doing that ALL THE TIME. Season three i think only two or three of the episodes really happened, all the rest were time warps, or parrellel universes, or dreams, or dilusions. The should have jsut called it "star trek: holodeck" cause none of the storylines matter, there's no constant evoltion from show to show. I needed it to be more like a series.. continuing week to week... It just seemed to scattered.

Just figures that the last episode would be the same kind of thing, a "lets change the past" kind of thing.