Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Best Buffy Arch-Enemy

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-01, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Who's been the best Buffy Arch-Enemy? I'm not talking about the filler bad guys that last an episode or two, I mean the ones that around for the long run. For me it's a toss up between The Master from the first season and the evil Mayor from a couple seasons back.
Old 05-10-01, 08:07 PM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts
*mmmmm* gotta have "Faith"

--HN
Old 05-10-01, 08:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angelus, all the way!

I started watching Buffy in season 1; but didn't really follow the whole internet fandom thing. So, when season to came, the whole Angelus thing surprised me.

He was evil, he could make Buffy miserable (always a plus in the villain catagory), he actually /killed/ a recurring character.

Runner up is the Spike/Drusilla pair. Dru was just creeeepy.
Old 05-10-01, 10:45 PM
Banned

I like Drusilla and Angelus.
But I have a soft (hard?) spot for Darla in her schoolgirl outfit (series 1 episode: 'Angel') Mmmm...nice, nice.
Old 05-11-01, 02:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I liked Dru and I thought the cross over thing to Angel was pretty good aswell.
Old 05-11-01, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
I would have to say that for me it is a toss-up between the Angelus-Drusilla-Spike triange, and the Mayor/Faith combo.

Both had the potential for serious damage, and both almost pulled it off.

Adam was lame, IMHO, and the Master and Darla sucked too, I think. Course, the Master was the only vamp to ever KILL Buffy (twice, if you count alternate realities ), but I still didn't think he was as good as those mentioned above.

Glory has her moments. She really annoyed me at first, then she was better, now she's kind of annoying again. I think that a lot of it might have to do with the fact that I don't believe Clare Kramer's acting some of the time. Makes me not take Glory seriously. I don't know. I'm rambling now, so I'll stop.

X
Old 05-11-01, 10:20 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Xander
Glory has her moments. She really annoyed me at first, then she was better, now she's kind of annoying again. I think that a lot of it might have to do with the fact that I don't believe Clare Kramer's acting some of the time. Makes me not take Glory seriously. I don't know. I'm rambling now, so I'll stop.
Actually, I don't think you're rambling at all. Her acting is a bit hit-and-miss. The first appearance by her was atrocious! But she did improve (slightly). But, if you look that good, does anyone *really* care that much if your an average actress? I guess Buffy has had so many excellent performances that a less-than-perfect performance by a new performer stands out like a sore thumb.
Old 05-13-01, 06:22 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
SPIKE !
Old 05-13-01, 07:34 AM

Normally I would say Spike

was/is Buffy's best enemy because he has been a constant thorn in her side untill he was "neutered" as a killing machine but the overall best IMO is Angel. Sorry to all of those who just moaned but the fact that she loved him, touched him, released his evil, had to kill him, brought him back to normal and had to say goodbye combine's all the best things about a rivalry. He has basically become the untouchable fruit in Buffy's garden of edan so to say. He's the one thing she longs for most, the one thing she cannot truely have and was her hardest foe to beat. Untill Glory but then again, she's a god and her rivalry with Buffy is on a different level. The Buffy/Angel match-up was a match-up built upon so many different levels and covered so many emotions that it ranks number 1 to me. I mean, to be forced to kill the one you love in order to save the world is harsh. Is anything worse?