Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Anybody else think Buffy and Spike should hook up?

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Anybody else think Buffy and Spike should hook up?

Old 05-09-01, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Me and my girlfriend do. We both like Spike (not in that way)...too bad Buffy's such a snobby *****. Only a few more episodes left...
Old 05-09-01, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

No. He is too WAY too cool for her. Buffy and Dawn should disappear altogether. Wait...that will happen next year when the show moves!
Old 05-09-01, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Not really. I think if she doesn't die, she should finally be able to be with Angel. That's towards the end (of the series) though, so it would take a while...
Old 05-10-01, 12:05 AM
Banned

Spike used to be cool - he always had all the coolest dialogue (along with Anya). But since they've castrated him, and given him a crush on Buffy, he's become a bit pathetic. And Buffy herself has become pathetic too, crying like a girl all the time (yeah i know she's a girl, but she's supposed to be a superhero).
So, I think they're perfectly suited to each other. Cos they're both losers.
Old 05-10-01, 09:18 AM

Originally posted by Orson
And Buffy herself has become pathetic too, crying like a girl all the time (yeah i know she's a girl, but she's supposed to be a superhero).
So, I think they're perfectly suited to each other. Cos they're both losers.
Yeah, cause we all know that when you break up with your loved one or your mom has a brain tumor, or your mom dies, those are no reasons to cry. Please. Just cause she's got superpowers doesn't mean she doesn't have human feelings.

I find this statement ironic considering your signature.
Old 05-10-01, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by immortal_zeus
Me and my girlfriend do. We both like Spike (not in that way)...too bad Buffy's such a snobby *****. Only a few more episodes left...

Yeah, Buffy's such a snob the way she doesn't want to hook up with a demon serial killer. I hate that about the women I know. :P

Seriously, though, Spike has made me rethink his attitude in the last couple of eps. Before I just believed that he was being nice because he lusted after Buffy, but he has done some pretty selfless things in the last few eps. Thre real test would be - how would he act if/when his chip gets taken out? Then we'll find out if he's changed or was just biding his time.

X
Old 05-10-01, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Problem is, Spike has gotten about as mellow as they can afford to make him -- it's about time for another "switcheroo", I think... Most of the below is just speculation, but it's partially AICN spoiler-based...

Spoiler:
If the 100th episode finale ends the way all the spoiler sites say it will, we may see a radical (if temporary) shift in all of the show's major player's destinies...

So they kill Buffy off. That's basically for sure now, since the name of the episode is "The Gift", and her spirit guide said that her gift would be death... Let's assume it's not a temporary cliffhanger-only death, since that would be so lame... Question is: how do they bring her back?

I think the best choice is to initially have her back as a bad vamp -- perhaps Spike vamps her as she's dying, but no one else knows until the 2nd or 3rd episode next season...

I'd love to see a Spike & Buffy VS. powerful Willow & the Scoobs scenario for the beginning of next year. They've already laid the logic for "unvamping" her on Angel -- like Wolfram and Hart did with Darla... They get her human again and close to normal halfway thru the season, and move on to another big baddie...

As of this morning, it's looking less likely that Angel join Buff on UPN next year, unfortunately...

Anyone else think they know where the UPN version of Buffy may be going story-wise?
Old 05-10-01, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

More idle speculation:

Spoiler:
Does it look to anyone else like they're slyly positioning Xander back into his original spot as Buffy's possible romantic lead? Back when it was a Buffy/Xander/Willow triangle? Since Anya is about to be toast, I suspect that X will be Buff's true love again by the end of UPN season one...
Old 05-10-01, 01:05 PM

Those two hook up? Never.

Don't get me wrong here. I like Spike and all but I like evil Spike better and as the Angel episode with Harmony showed, a Vampire without a soul may desire something but they are evil and don't love and cannot be good. So I am sorry to see that Spike has been semi-neutered and is smitten with our dear Buffy, but he is not in love. He just thinks he is. And as Xander said above, just wait till the chip is out if it ever comes out and he can kill again. Once he gets some blood in his mouth I am sure good ole Spike will be back to his normal bad self.
Old 05-10-01, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by minifigg
No. He is too WAY too cool for her. Buffy and Dawn should disappear altogether. Wait...that will happen next year when the show moves!
So it is moving to UPN? I thought the show was being canceled since the commercials always say, X number of shows 'til the series finale. How 'bout Dawson's Creek? Is it being canceled or is that moving to UPN, too?

Damn, I watch too much TV...
Old 05-10-01, 01:15 PM

Just Buffy is going

or so I have heard. I have also seen "rumor's" towards Angel going with buffy to upn but I have seen nothing as a fact.
Old 05-10-01, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Z - The Buffy switch to UPN has already been officially announced, yes.

Angel looks like it's staying on WB, but there's no official announcement yet, and if WB did cancel it, UPN promised the Buffy folks they'd pick it up.

Roswell is almost surely cancelled, and UPN is seriously considering picking it up, but again, nothing official.

No announcements by anybody either way on Dawson's. I'd be surprised if it was cancelled or moved.

All the networks (big & small) make their fall lineups official within the next week or so...
Old 05-10-01, 02:43 PM

Originally posted by immortal_zeus
Originally posted by minifigg
So it is moving to UPN? I thought the show was being canceled since the commercials always say, X number of shows 'til the series finale. How 'bout Dawson's Creek? Is it being canceled or is that moving to UPN, too?

Damn, I watch too much TV...
Actually they keep saying the "WB series finale." Sneaky, ain't they?
Old 05-10-01, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'd like to have seen it happen this year. <small>I don't get UPN so all I'm going to see is: </small>
Spoiler:
<small>

[Edited by bigjim25 on 05-10-01 at 12:33 PM]
Old 05-10-01, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

No, its a rather dull prospect for each of them characterwise. I think they've explored the potential Buffy/Spike hookup this season and a little last season, and probably will expand on it just a tad more before moving on. Besides
Spoiler:
Spike is moving onto Angel next season
Old 05-10-01, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Besides
Spoiler:

I really hope not
Spoiler:
even though I love Angel I think Spike works better with Buffy

And as far as the Spike chip in head thing I thought that in the episode with Dru he showed that he could get past the chip. He did feed on the women in the club correct?
Old 05-10-01, 07:20 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Kelric

Yeah, cause we all know that when you break up with your loved one or your mom has a brain tumor, or your mom dies, those are no reasons to cry. Please. Just cause she's got superpowers doesn't mean she doesn't have human feelings.

I find this statement ironic considering your signature.
I'm not saying it's unreasonable for someone to cry in those situations. I'm saying that I find it unattractive/unsettling to see superhero's weeping. I felt the same way when superman did it too.
OK, it's an unrealistic ideal, but it is fiction after all.

And yeah, I like the irony of my signature too.
Old 05-10-01, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Buffy and Spike hook up? Not. Never will happen. Spike is an OK guy for a vampire and all, but if you look at the series as a whole the only person Spike ever endeared himself to was Buffy's mom, and now she's dead, you know?

As for the spoilers mentioned above:
Spoiler:
Buffy dying is no big deal. It's already happened on the show at the finale of the first season. Something goofy like Xander's love, or something brought her back. While having Spike vamp her, that would be pretty cool, but then what? No good explanatory way for her to be unvamped, unless it was a plot twist to somehow unvamp Spike as well, which could be interesting. It could also be a shark jump.

One question I have about the whole series for those who have been paying attention to the details: What is Anya's damage about bunnies? She's freaked out about them, and I'd like to see that explained more fully at some point.

-On the Halloween episode Xander told her to dress up as the most horrible thing possible; she dressed up as the Easter Bunny.
-She refered to Bugs Bunny as 'that creepy rabbit'
-Someone made a comment like, 'why can't we ever face the demon of fuzzy bunnies?' and Anya flipped out about it.

There are a couple others that I forget right now. What's up with that?
Old 05-11-01, 05:57 AM

Originally posted by renaldow

Spoiler:
Buffy dying is no big deal. It's already happened on the show at the finale of the first season.

Which is exactly why I do not think it is going to happen at the end of this season.
Old 05-11-01, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Timber
Besides
Spoiler:

I really hope not
Spoiler:
even though I love Angel I think Spike works better with Buffy

And as far as the Spike chip in head thing I thought that in the episode with Dru he showed that he could get past the chip. He did feed on the women in the club correct?

Actually, I think the girl was dead when Spike bit her. If you listen when Dru grabs the girl, it sounds like her neck snaps before she throws her to Spike.

Spoiler:
Plus, when he hit one of the knights last week, he grabbed his head in pain afterward.

Originally posted by junkie
Originally posted by renaldow

Spoiler:
Buffy dying is no big deal. It's already happened on the show at the finale of the first season.

Which is exactly why I do not think it is going to happen at the end of this season.

I agree with this. While AICN may be getting back on track with spoilers now, they were WAY off for a LONG time. I still think they're way off on this one. I think someone in Joss's area has been in charge of dis-information this season, and I just love it.

X

Old 05-13-01, 08:47 AM

Originally posted by Xander
Actually, I think the girl was dead when Spike bit her. If you listen when Dru grabs the girl, it sounds like her neck snaps before she throws her to Spike.

Spoiler:
Plus, when he hit one of the knights last week, he grabbed his head in pain afterward.

Xander's right here. Dru did kill the girl and give her to Spike and I think it was Xander who made a joke in the camper about Spike being unable to attack anyone when Buffy said Spike was the only one with strength other than her to protect Dawn. I forget what he said but it indicated Spike's inability to be aggresive towards anything.