Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The ONE and Only "Survivor Thread" - (Part II)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The ONE and Only "Survivor Thread" - (Part II)

Old 04-20-01, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WHy oh why did Keith have to drop his lock?

#%@&^% Colby!
Old 04-20-01, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope Colby wins. I'd rather see Elisabeth win but there's no way she's going to win unless she wins the next 2 immunity challenges and I don't see that happening.

Last night each of the 5 had an equal chance of winning. There was nothing physical about it and Colby still won !
Rodger got every question wrong. He needed the immunity to stay on but then they would have voted Elisabeth off instead.

Colby is playing the game smart. I think he wants the final 2 to be him and Keith. That's his best chance of winning. I think Tina would get more votes than Keith in the final 2. I don't know why though she did a lot of backstabbing. It's smart to have another male in the final 2 also because some of the jury might vote for Tina because she is female.

Colby has to get rid of Elisabeth next. If she goes to the final 2 she wins. She's so cute and nice.

My prediction for next week is they vote Elisabeth off.
Then the following week assuming Colby wins immunity, since Keith and Tina would have to vote for each other, Colby would have the deciding vote and would get rid of Tina.
Leaving him and Keith for the final 2.

Old 04-20-01, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Puddy
WHy oh why did Keith have to drop his lock?
What difference would have made??
I mean do you think K and T are stupid enough to vote Colby off killing their only chance of winning the million? Possible. But I doubt they are _that_ stupid.

And as to why Keith dropped the lock the answer is again obvious but I will not spell it out for you... Just remember Keith in the fire challenge when he so confidently dropped his water bucket, and was watching the fire go up, without realizing that his small fire that was barely to the top of the bucket would never lit the fuse... But I mean... this would mean K would actually have to think a little! Geez... I guess we're expecting too much here. He's just an arrogant bastard and I'm starting to think even Jerri was right when complaining about the rice...

And since we're at Keith: what did you think of his marriage proposal??? Almost made me sick! Romantic my foot. However, that was clever. I mean, how can you say no to your "boyfriend" who's been for a month in the outback and still has some time to stay there... That was a slick move, I give him that.

Old 04-20-01, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Colby is such a hypocrite! Criticizing Keith for proposing as a cheap way to win support, yet he brought back the coral reef for the same reason.
Old 04-20-01, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 307 Likes on 250 Posts
Keith is vulnerable next week. He has more votes against at this point by far. Therefore, look for Colby to team with Elizabeth to vote off Keith next week. Then if it is a T/C/E final 3, Colby and Tina should team together to vote off Elizabeth. Of course a Colby/Tina final would not make me happy because I hate them more than any of the others.

Elizabeth will win in a one-on-one situation with any of them. Therefore, unless she win immunity as part of the trim down from 3 to 2, she will get voted off.

Old 04-20-01, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Dubya
Colby is such a hypocrite! Criticizing Keith for proposing as a cheap way to win support, yet he brought back the coral reef for the same reason.
This is not even remotely similar. Colby was indeed doing this for the game. Keith's proposal had nothing to do with the game. It is only for his personal benefit, but this shows that he is a manipulator even in real life.

About the coral, that was one smooth move. Sure, you get benefit, but on the other hand you do show that you care a bit for the others. If I'm on the receiving side, I definitely prefer someone who will bring back coral to me, than someone who just goes and eats and than comes back saying how nice it was.

He also offered to share the bread in the previous episode with the others, but Jeff wouldn't let him. If I were Colby, I would have gone even further and I wouldn't have tasted it in front of the others.

He's playing the game, no doubt about it, but he does it without resorting to scheming as much as K and T do. K is here entirely because of Tina letting him win immunity. He has no merit whatsoever in this and the IC's actually showed this.
Old 04-20-01, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

LINT,

Hey can you ask Nick for a signed picture? Thanks.

email me [email protected]

WE all love Nick at our workplace. Thanks
Old 04-20-01, 10:14 AM

Originally posted by Gandalf
This is not even remotely similar. Colby was indeed doing this for the game. Keith's proposal had nothing to do with the game. It is only for his personal benefit, but this shows that he is a manipulator even in real life.

And Colby trying to win the game ISN'T for personal benefit?
Old 04-20-01, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I think we've found "The Colbster's" biggest fan
Old 04-20-01, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think we've found "The Colbster's" biggest fan

I'm not that big of a fan of Colby's, but yeah, out of those in the game right now, I like him best. I think though he has a lot of faults of his own. He also seems a bit too obsessed with the game. One should try to have some fun out of the experience, not just struggle to get the money.

I was a big Michael fan. I think he would have been great after the reunion of the tribes... Or maybe not, but since we will never know, it's easier to think of him as the possible best player :-)

PS
I'm pretty sure Colby will go next unless, of course, he wins immunity again. I'm just sorry that it looks like K and T are going to be in the final 2, the only way either of them could win (I'm sure they would both lose to either C or E). As I said earlier, the strategy for someone like Colby should have been to break up all the pairs: KT, RE, JA. Voting Amber off was the moment that decided the (probable) win of T and K. They played their cards very well, I have to admit. Just that I hate them

[Edited by Gandalf on 04-20-01 at 08:51 AM]
Old 04-20-01, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Jadzia

And Colby trying to win the game ISN'T for personal benefit?
Yes, but it's related to the game! Keith was manipulating his girlfriend into saying yes which brings him absolutely no benefit into the game as compared to the others. Probably it was just an impulse and, after all the harshness in the outback, he decided to make things right in his life. However in acting like this he showed no consideration for his girlfriend leaving her practically with no way out. Elisabeth (I think) was the one who noticed how the situation really was by saying: "can you imagine now the pressure on the other side?" (of the chat)
Old 04-20-01, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
Any spoiler-free guesses as to who the surprise guest in the helicopter is next week? I guess either Mike (to let everyone know he's ok) or Richard Hatch to wish them luck in final days. I say Richard.
Old 04-20-01, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by GuessWho
Any spoiler-free guesses as to who the surprise guest in the helicopter is next week? I guess either Mike (to let everyone know he's ok) or Richard Hatch to wish them luck in final days. I say Richard.
I would be shocked if it were anyone but Richard.
Old 04-20-01, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by GuessWho
I would be shocked if it were anyone but Richard.

From what I heard from Mike's interview he said he has not seen the cast for a long time, let alone his family. He was in some kind of intensive burn unit, with skin graphs and stuff. He was in Australia for 6 months. He did not see his family.

I think it is Richard, because did you see the reaction from the contestants. They seem unamused that this "special guest" was coming.
Old 04-20-01, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm hoping the special guest is RUDY!
Old 04-20-01, 10:27 PM

Maybe Paul Hogan (Crocodile Dundee?) since he is trying to promote his new movie?

Just a thought - no facts to back it up...
Old 04-21-01, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by jellis
Maybe Paul Hogan (Crocodile Dundee?) since he is trying to promote his new movie?

Hey, that's a great guess!
Old 04-21-01, 11:09 AM

Originally posted by jellis

I second that guess.
To bring back Mike would be meaningless to the remaining Barramundi members except for Bessie.

Man, I was misting up yesterday when Lis and Tina and Especially Roger were chatting with their families.

What was the deal with Colby's mom and the Texas flag in the background of their house?

Keith is the klutziest bonehead I've seen in years. Remember him banging his head in the obstacle course, and then he does it again yesterday. Sadly I doubt he'll get voted off what with his grasshopper wrangling prowess.

Colby refers to himself as the Colbster again and I'm gonna jump out the window. And, uh buddy, lose the Yeltsin Ruskie headgear while your at it.

I was also fuming at Tina's utter arrogance that she would ask Roger which of the two they should vote off next. Tina needs to feel the boot so bad. That backstabbing, bag rummaging, pompous old goat has got to go! (even though she'll probably win it all.)

BTW, Who's Rudy, and Colleen? I didn't see survivor season one. Could someone give me a clue?

Yesterday's episode was the truest, most human episode yet and I just have to say Rodger was one decent human being and I hope he earns seven million in endorsements and appearances.

Old 04-21-01, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Rudy and Colleen were from Survivor I last season.

Rudy was a gruff retired Navy Seal who wasn't particularly politically correct, and was funny as hell sometimes with the non-PC stuff he'd say. Rudy supposedly will be hosting a show of extreme adventure stuff.

Colleen was a cute brunette who lasted into the final 5 last season. She was the last of her tribe before getting the boot. Elisabeth is somewhat filling in the role of Colleen (getting by on cuteness and non-threatening presence). She'll appear in the upcoming Rob Schneider film, Animal, and has done a Blistex commercial.

Old 04-21-01, 10:01 PM

I'm pretty certain that the special guest will not be Mike.
I watched all the CBS Good Morning Today (or whatever their morning show is called) interviews the other day, and during Mike's discussion with Mark Burnette and Bryant Gumble, Mike suggested that it took him over 20 days just to get his hands moving again, and that he stayed in bed for weeks. If that were the case, he would not have been available to visit the old survivors a mere two weeks later.

By the way, he alluded to the fact that his wife & kids were no longer a part of his life. Does anybody know what's up with this?

Also, sadly, on Rodger's interview this past Friday, they said that Elizabeth is now engaged. What a damn shame!
Old 04-26-01, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk God

bump for tonight's episode
Old 04-26-01, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My predication for tonight's episode will be Colby will win immunity again and Elisabeth will get voted off.

My hope is that Elisabeth wins immunity and Tina gets voted off but that's not likely.

Colby wants the final 2 to be himself and Keith so he could get more votes.
Old 04-26-01, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I heard on the radio this morning that they are adding another episode. There still will be one tonight, the 2 hour finale next week followed by the "reunion", and then the following week they will show the cast members "returning home and dealing with their newly acquired fame."
Old 04-26-01, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by Struz
My predication for tonight's episode will be Colby will win immunity again and Elisabeth will get voted off.

Spoiler:
Did you peak at the spoiler sites? That's is exactly what is supposed to happen.
Old 04-26-01, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Elizebeth is gone unless she wins immunity, if she does, then Colby is gone because he is the biggest threat to the rest.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.