Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Streaming Talk
Reload this Page >

How often do you watch Netflix for shows and movies?

Community
Search
Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio
View Poll Results: How often do you watch Netflix?
All the time
13.33%
A few times per week
33.33%
Only for "Big" releases
6.67%
A few times a month
10.00%
I have it, but rarely watch it anymore. Either not much time to watch or not much interests me.
10.00%
Cancelled. The service is too expensive for the time I use it or I don't much of their content
26.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-22, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,923 Likes on 2,799 Posts

Netflix releases hundreds of new shows and movies every month. And of course catalog titles. Many of the Netflix originals are international productions. Many of these don't get promoted or advertised at all, so I'm sure there are many that you simply have never heard of. I know it's simply not possible to keep up with all of their new content. But I am curious how often you all watch Netflix? They are the OG streaming service that started it all. Or has life gotten too busy and you have to be really selective on what is worth your time?

Do you look through it only for new Netflix originals?

or do you use it for catalog content like network TV or cable shows you missed when they aired?

Or are you simply overwhelmed and barely use it at all. I put in some choices in the poll.

Last edited by DJariya; 02-04-22 at 11:35 PM.
Old 02-05-22, 02:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts
Re: How often do you watch Netflix for shows and movies?

I only watch Netflix for the originals, and then my interests on those are fairly limited to specific series.

Price isn't really a factor considering friends and family share multiple streaming account logins.
The following users liked this post:
John Pannozzi (02-07-22)
Old 02-05-22, 02:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Totally depends. I've gone a few months without touching it and other times I've been watching 2 or 3 shows consistently.

And now that I think of it, unless it's a documentary, I rarely watch movies on Netflix. Mainly TV.

So...overall, a few times week, I guess.
John Pannozzi (02-07-22)
Old 02-05-22, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,447 Likes on 1,058 Posts

At least a few times a week. We also have Hulu and Prime and a few others. We cycle through them depending on our mood.
John Pannozzi (02-07-22)
Old 02-05-22, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 246 Likes on 175 Posts

I would say that I average a season of a TV show per month; two if the seasons are relatively short and/or the episodes only last 30 minutes.

Generally, the shows that I watch on Netflix are international productions; I've been really enjoying the South Korean stuff like All of Us Are Dead and Squid Game, but there're some great Japanese shows on there as well.

Old 02-05-22, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 203 Likes on 164 Posts

I try to be watching 2 or 3 shows at a time to justify the cost. I also cycle in the original movies when I have the time.
Old 02-06-22, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I watched Murderville this weekend and that was the first time I have used Netflix in six months. It has gone out of regular rotation. I will renew it for a month every six to nine months to watch the couple of shows they added I want to see.
Old 02-06-22, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 108 Likes on 75 Posts

Even with the price increase I think Netflix is a great value and I'm still amazed by its very existence. As someone who grew up in the 70s just having all this entertainment on demand for a negligible price is crazy. People are spoiled and don't even know it.
The following 3 users liked this post by Wolf359:
DJariya (02-06-22), milo bloom (02-07-22), rbrown498 (02-07-22)
Old 02-07-22, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,199 Likes on 931 Posts

Really depends. I would say mostly I only watch it sporadically for original content that interests me, but I have watched it more since they added Seinfeld.

I don’t pay for an account though. My girlfriend has it through her mom (my girlfriend shares Disney+ in return).
John Pannozzi (02-07-22)
Old 02-07-22, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,089 Likes on 670 Posts

Practically every day. I don't have a cable subscription, so I either watch network television with an OTA antenna and DVR (which I do less and less these days), or I watch streaming content. Right now I'm kind of loaded up on streaming subscriptions (Netflix, Prime, Hulu, Disney+, and HBO Max) but it still adds up to less than cable.

I can almost always find something new to watch that interests me. I like to watch content from other countries and Netflix has a good selection of that (Money Heist, Dark, 3%, Into the Night). Also, I tend to occasionally re-watch some of my favorite Netflix series (Stranger Things, The OA, Arrested Development, the Marvel series). So all in all I feel like I get my money's worth and then some out of Netflix.
John Pannozzi (02-08-22)
Old 02-08-22, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Netflix can be amazing and garbage all at the same time. The limited amount of quality, new movies is disappointing but the original shows like Ozark and Stranger Things are fantastic and worth every penny. We watch a few times a week for the limited run shows... but if we're searching for a movie, it's usually the last resort.
John Pannozzi (02-08-22)