Reload this Page >

AT&T TV Streaming Service/Uverse & DirecTV replacement

Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

Old 03-02-20, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

AT&T appears to be moving full steam ahead with their streaming services to get prices more in line with YouTube.TV, Hulu Live and Sling. This will also be replacing Uverse and DirecTV as their primary TV product moving forward and runs off a dedicated Android device:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/02/att-...v-u-verse.html

Apparently this is different from AT&T TV Now (formerly DirecTV Now), channels: https://www.att.com/channels/att-tv/

Their solution to the RSN problem is the same as it used to be - a $8.49 upcharge on top of the actual price as a tax/fee.

Last edited by RichC2; 03-02-20 at 08:31 AM.
Old 03-02-20, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 433 Likes on 297 Posts
Re: AT&T TV Streaming service/Uverse & DirecTV replacement

No thanks! 24 month commitment, locked to AT&T's hardware... As a replacement for DirecTV maybe but competing with YouTube TV/Hulu/Sling... it's DOA.
Old 03-02-20, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
Re: AT&T TV Streaming Service/Uverse & DirecTV replacement

Agreed. The only aspect that's semi-appealing is that as a Fiber customer I'd get it for $40 and it has free HBO Max, but contracts that long are played out. But, they do also have every channel available ... at a cost.
Old 03-02-20, 10:48 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Totally happy with Hulu and their services - at least for now. But it sounds like the AT&T struggle continues. An this new service won't help them.
Old 03-02-20, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts

Can't see it replacing DirecTV should DirecTV merge with Dish Network then I don't know what would happen.
Old 03-02-20, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

It doesn’t have Sunday Ticket and it doesn’t have many RSNs.

If you’re on a tight budget for TV, this is not for you.
Old 03-02-20, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts

How much longer does DirecTV have Sunday Ticket? One more season?
Old 04-01-20, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk God

https://www.sportsnetla.com/articles/snla-att-deal

Spectrum SportsNet LA (Dodgers Network) and Spectrum SportsNet (Lakers network) will both be on AT&T TV Now and AT&T TV starting on April 8th.

SPECTRUM NETWORKS ANNOUNCES CARRIAGE AGREEMENTS WITH AT&T

by
April 1, 2020SPECTRUM NETWORKS ANNOUNCES CARRIAGE AGREEMENTS WITH AT&T

Spectrum Networks announced a carriage agreement to launch the Los Angeles Dodgers award-winning regional sports network, Spectrum SportsNet LA, to AT&T video subscribers beginning today. With the agreement, AT&T TV, DIRECTV, U-verse TV and AT&T TV NOW customers in Southern California, Las Vegas and Hawaii will gain access to SportsNet LA’s live game coverage once the new MLB season is cleared to begin.

SportsNet LA’s current programming includes a full slate of exclusive original shows and studio programming, as well as marquee games from recent years. In addition, AT&T TV and AT&T TV NOW customers will start to receive Spectrum SportsNet beginning on April 8.

“This agreement underscores our commitment to provide all Dodgers fans the opportunity to enjoy our award-winning programming and live game coverage,” said Dan Finnerty, Senior Vice President, Spectrum Networks. “Working together with AT&T, we were able to reach an agreement to offer the region’s most popular teams to local fans across AT&T’s video platforms.”

With the recent launch of AT&T TV, the company is eager to bring sports content like this to even more Southern California fans. Once the MLB and NBA seasons resume, customers will be able to enjoy the full slate of live Dodgers and Lakers’ games across AT&T’s video platforms.

SportsNet LA will be available on AT&T TV and AT&T TV NOW to in-region customers with the Choice and above TV packages. The network now appears on DIRECTV channel 690 to in-region customers with Choice and above packages and Mas Ultra and above Spanish packages. U-verse TV customers with the U-100 and above packages and U200 Latino and above packages can watch on channel 780 (SD) and 1780 (HD).

Last edited by DJariya; 04-01-20 at 11:54 PM.
Old 04-02-20, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk God

Since Spectrum SportsNet LA and Spectrum SportsNet are scheduled to go to AT&T TV and Now, I might strongly consider switching from regular DirecTV to them. Both of those services will already save me money on what I'm paying now.

I have some promos that will expire early this summer and I'll re-evaluate then. I just make sure to look at both channel lineups and see if they offer everything I watch on a regular basis.

Last edited by DJariya; 04-02-20 at 02:01 PM.
Old 04-02-20, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,932 Likes on 1,494 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Since Spectrum SportsNet LA and Spectrum SportsNet are scheduled to go to AT&T TV and Now, I might strongly consider switching from regular DirecTV to them. Both of those services will already save me money on what I'm paying now.

I have some promos that will expire early this summer and I'll re-evaluate then. I just make sure to look at both channel lineups and see if they offer everything I watch on a regular basis.
Aren't both going to DirecTV as well?
Old 04-02-20, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by fujishig
Aren't both going to DirecTV as well?
Yeah they are already there. SSNLA is on 690. SSN is 691

I'm just saying what's holding me back from switching to a live internet TV service was mainly SSN. It's mainly to save me some money from the what DirecTV charges.

I'll lose some channels, but if it saves me some cash I might do it.