Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

Sundance Now streaming service

Old 01-21-19, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Sundance Now streaming service

https://www.sundancenow.com/

Does anyone here (probably unlikely) subscribe to this streaming service? It's $5/month, which is relatively inexpensive, but of course you need time to watch it.

I'm currently on a 60 day free trial and they do carry some stuff that interests me. The recent AMC mini series Little Drummer Girl is on it, Also McMafia, Jonestown documentary and the new series A Discovery of Witches.

It's a pretty decent amount of movies, international shows and documentaries.

If I had more time, I would consider keeping it, but it's unlikely after the free trial. I'm so backed up on shows and movies all over the place.
Old 01-21-19, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Sundance Now streaming service

Little Drummer Girl miniseries is also available on Amazon Prime. Interesting Sundance has this, but I have enough stuff to watch already on what I subscribe to. But nice to know it exists and has a low price point.
Old 01-21-19, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by E Unit View Post
Little Drummer Girl miniseries is also available on Amazon Prime. Interesting Sundance has this, but I have enough stuff to watch already on what I subscribe to. But nice to know it exists and has a low price point.
No it's not.

https://www.amazon.com/Little-Drummer-Girl-Look/dp/B07K58BT8T/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3223RVKP08ZAP&keywords=little+drummer+girl&qid=1548127406&sprefix=little+dr%2Caps%2C199&sr=8-1 https://www.amazon.com/Little-Drummer-Girl-Look/dp/B07K58BT8T/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3223RVKP08ZAP&keywords=little+drummer+girl&qid=1548127406&sprefix=little+dr%2Caps%2C199&sr=8-1

It's exclusive to Sundance Now. You can watch it on Amazon with a Sundance Now subscription or buy it.
Old 01-21-19, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

He might be confused, Little Drummer Girl was one of those titles that came out at ~$2.99 or around there. I bought it there.

But I did really like it.
Old 01-22-19, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That may have been it. Shows Amazon Prime on mine. Yikes, so not a lot on Sundance? I’ll have to check it out either way.
Old 01-22-19, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by E Unit View Post
That may have been it. Shows Amazon Prime on mine. Yikes, so not a lot on Sundance? Iíll have to check it out either way.

So you purchased it for $3 then? Because it's definitely not a Prime show.

and what do you mean not a lot on Sundance? There's 54 shows and almost 300 movies. Yeah not a lot compared to Netflix and Amazon, but this is a small Indie film, show and documentary service, not a mainstream service like those.
Old 01-22-19, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I bought it over the holidays. Top left corner on your screenshot, I thought it said Prime.

I guess paying more than that for me yields a poor return. I’m sure the substance is good, but for twice the price, we get Hulu and Netflix, which is hundreds of thousands of options, as opposed to 300 films and 54 shows. But I’m a fiend for docs and indie films, that’s why I said I’ll still probably check it out.