https://press.wbd.com/us/brands/max/media-releases
Print Wikipost

Max — Warner Bros. Discovery streaming service

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-20, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts
Re: HBO Max — Warnermedia streaming service launches May 2020

How many streams will be allowed at the same time?
Old 05-24-20, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by dvd-4-life
How many streams will be allowed at the same time?
I don't think they've ever said, but my best "guess" will be the same amount that HBO Now permits...which I believe is at least more than one, but I don't know where the limit is.
Old 05-24-20, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
I don't think they've ever said, but my best "guess" will be the same amount that HBO Now permits...which I believe is at least more than one, but I don't know where the limit is.
HBO Now doesn't explicitly say the limit in their help, only that you may hit the limit
https://help.hbonow.com/Answer/Detail/27

Other sites report the HBO Now limit is 3 simultaneous streams:
https://www.reddit.com/r/HBONow/comm...t_connections/

HBO Max doesn't mention anything in their FAQ yet:
https://www.hbomax.com/faq/
The following users liked this post:
Shannon Nutt (05-25-20)
Old 05-24-20, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
I just signed up with Funimation and was surprised they allowed 5 streams at the same time.

Crunchyroll on the other hand only allows one at the same price.
Old 05-25-20, 12:53 PM
Banned

Received 1,000 Likes on 666 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
https://www.theverge.com/2020/5/1/21...arnermedia-att

If you pre-order HBO Max right now, you will get it for $11.99/month for 1 year.
Should I cancel my current HBO Now sub and sign up for this for $11.99? It kind of sucks that they are launching HBO Max and things like this pop up but no explanation to HBO Now customers who are paying $14.99 and will have their accounts transferred to Max.
Old 05-25-20, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Hood
Should I cancel my current HBO Now sub and sign up for this for $11.99? It kind of sucks that they are launching HBO Max and things like this pop up but no explanation to HBO Now customers who are paying $14.99 and will have their accounts transferred to Max.
Unless you're locked in to some kind of promo or have gift cards or something, I don't see why you can't make the switch.

You'll be getting much more content regardless, but will get $3 extra bucks taken off per month.

I've seen that if they have an HBO Now account, you can get HBO Max for free, but I don't see why you would need both if you're already paying for it a la carte. The promo ends on launch day for this HBO Max deal, so you have to decide fast.
Red Hood (05-25-20)
Old 05-25-20, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Yeah, I think that’s a miss on their part.

I canceled Now and pre-ordered Max, but I only had a day left in my sub.
Red Hood (05-25-20)
Old 05-25-20, 04:11 PM
Banned

So this is some bullshit. If I try to sign up with the same email from HBO Max, I get this message.
You are not eligible for this promotional offer. To see the eligibility criteria, visit hbomax.com.

Existing HBO NOW subscribers who subscribed through hbonow.com and were billed by HBO will be able to get access to WarnerMedia’s new offering, HBO Max, at launch for no extra cost. Offer not currently available to subscribers that obtain their subscriptions through third-party providers that are authorized to distribute the HBO NOW service.
From the HBOMAX website, this is who is eligible for the $11.99 deal

This offer is for new subscribers and returning eligible HBO NOW subscribers. Between April 30 at 9:00 pm ET and May 27 at 2:59 am ET, a limited number of subscriptions to this HBO NOW/HBO Max promotional offer are available at a discounted price of $11.99/mo. Participation requires the provision of a valid payment method. After the 12-month discounted subscription period, HBO Max will charge you $14.99 each month plus tax, if applicable, on a recurring basis unless you cancel before the renewal. To change or cancel your subscription, see Billing Information in your profile settings. HBO Max supported devices may differ from HBO Now. Check the offer FAQs for additional information. NO FREE TRIALS WILL BE AVAILABLE DURING THIS OFFER PERIOD.
Old 05-25-20, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts

They really have bungled this roll out. We are two days away from going live, and as a Comcast subscriber I still don't know if I will need to redo my cable package or if they will get a deal done for current subscribers. And if I were to cancel HBO and subscribe directly to them, they don't have a deal in place with my streaming device (Roku).

You would think they would have gotten this shit hammered out months ago.
Old 05-25-20, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

So this is some bullshit. If I try to sign up with the same email from HBO Max, I get this message.

From the HBOMAX website, this is who is eligible for the $11.99 deal
I had to wait a day after my sub was cancelled to sign up for the cheaper price.
Old 05-25-20, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Originally Posted by mwbmis
They really have bungled this roll out. We are two days away from going live, and as a Comcast subscriber I still don't know if I will need to redo my cable package or if they will get a deal done for current subscribers. And if I were to cancel HBO and subscribe directly to them, they don't have a deal in place with my streaming device (Roku).

You would think they would have gotten this shit hammered out months ago.
yes as of today no deal with Comcast and they have no deal with Roku or Amazon.

I agree with you, they had months to get these deals hammered out and especially now with programming coming to an almost complete haunt. I feel like they’re rushing to the finish line.

And they should know that Roku and Amazon are probably the two most popular and most affordable streaming devices for TVs.
Old 05-25-20, 05:21 PM

Received 515 Likes on 371 Posts

I’m going to be pissed if there’s no Roku app.
Deftones (05-25-20)
Old 05-25-20, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
I’m going to be pissed if there’s no Roku app.
My guess is something will get done. No way ATT fucks this up by not launching in the most popular platform.
Old 05-25-20, 06:37 PM
Banned

They could have sent this months ago and prevent a lot of confusion of people who want to get the product

Get ready to spend quality time with new friends, old friends and, well, Friends. On May 27, WarnerMedia’s new streaming platform, HBO Max, will bring you closer to the entertainment you love.

Your HBO NOW app will automatically update to the HBO Max app on supported devices. (Please make sure your auto app updates are turned on.)

You shouldn’t need to sign in. But if you do, sign in using your HBO NOW email and password. You’ll be able to keep streaming HBO titles, and also get access to all of HBO Max for no extra cost. And you can still stream HBO by logging into your account on HBONOW.com.

You’ll continue to be billed monthly by WarnerMedia Direct, LLC. The HBO Max platform is subject to a new Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Deftones (05-25-20)
Old 05-25-20, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

They could have sent this months ago and prevent a lot of confusion of people who want to get the product
Is this the same for HBO Go where we sign in with our cable/satellite/IPTV credentials?

Or do we have to download HBO Now/Max?
Old 05-25-20, 08:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by emachine12
Is this the same for HBO Go where we sign in with our cable/satellite/IPTV credentials?

Or do we have to download HBO Now/Max?
Don't think Go gets the same privilege since that this through your cable/satellite provider.
Old 05-25-20, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts

I get Go through ATT from my cell plan.

sent me an email the other day.

DJariya (05-25-20)
Old 05-25-20, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Yup. Terrible info out there. Let's hope to god we get some profiles with the new app.
Old 05-25-20, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

Don't think Go gets the same privilege since that this through your cable/satellite provider.
If you subscribe through an eligible provider (cable/sat/IPTV) then you use HBO Go to stream on demand HBO.

AT&T/Warner said that eligible subscribers for HBO get HBO Max access at no added cost... your existing HBO subscription gives you access.

They just never fully disclosed how we actually do it. But seeing that email, it looks like we download HBO Max which was HBO Now. The Go app should be phased out, keeping it will be confusing.

Last edited by emachine12; 05-25-20 at 09:51 PM.
Old 05-25-20, 09:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by emachine12
If you subscribe through an eligible provider (cable/sat/IPTV) then you use HBO Go to stream on demand HBO.

AT&T/Warner said that eligible subscribers for HBO get HBO Max access at no added cost... your existing HBO subscription gives you access.

They just never fully disclosed how we actually do it. Do we download the existing HBO Now app then log in tomorrow with our provided sign in or will Go be updated to Max too?
I think it is like Whotony posted, in which you access HBO Max with the updated app on Wednesday and your eligible provider login.
emachine12 (05-25-20)
Old 05-26-20, 04:19 AM

David Ayer Ready for “Incredibly Cathartic” Release of His ‘Suicide Squad’ Cut on HBO Max

https://collider.com/suicide-squad-d...lease-hbo-max/

Director David Ayer seems to be very into the idea of releasing his cut of Suicide Squad on HBO Max. Since the announcement Zack Snyder‘s cut of Justice League would finally be released on HBO Max, a new dialogue between Ayer and his fans has started up on Twitter about where his own version of Suicide Squad could possibly be released in the near future.

That dialogue culminated in Ayer fully co-signing an idea pitched by Collider’s own Steve Weintraub on Twitter on Monday afternoon. Earlier in the day, Weintraub wrote, “The version of #SuicideSquad that we’ve all seen was not the movie [Ayer] wanted to release. With the popularity of the superhero genre, why not show his cut on [HBO Max]?” before going on to raise valid points in additional tweets that Ayer’s cut would be substantially cheaper to craft since it’s all essentially all there but Warner Bros. might not consider greenlighting it anytime soon (if they’re willing to consider it at all) with James Gunn‘s The Suicide Squad currently in the pipeline.

Weintraub’s tweets prompted a response from Ayer, who replied, “This is a good question. My cut would be easy to complete. It would be incredibly cathartic for me. It’s exhausting getting your ass kicked for a film that got the Edward Scissorhands treatment. The film I made has never been seen.”

Ayer confirming the version of Suicide Squad he wanted to release was never actually shown and further approval of releasing it on HBO Max is just the latest development in his lobbying efforts to have his director’s cut made public. Since the release of Suicide Squad back in 2016, Ayer has been vocal in highlighting the toll of seeing his film heavily re-worked and released as a different entity than what he had originally envisioned. This has manifested most recently Ayer has taken time to outline his thoughts on what “new” material would be in his director’s cut, like a more complete arc for Cara Delevingne‘s Enchantress.
The following 2 users liked this post by TheBigDave:
Deftones (05-26-20), Giantrobo (05-26-20)
Old 05-26-20, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Have they announced when it all start's tomorrow?
Old 05-26-20, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,499 Posts

I just signed up with Funimation and was surprised they allowed 5 streams at the same time.

Crunchyroll on the other hand only allows one at the same price.
Funimation only allows five streams at a time on their "Premium Plus" tier (7.99 a month). Their regular plan (5.99) is only two streams. They advertise it as a way to share with family but their implementation of it is so poor, there are no profiles of any kind so if you share with four other people, good luck sorting your lists or what you already watched.

Originally Posted by E Unit
Yes it will. I got this email a few days ago.

However, this won't work on the Hulu app on the unsupported devices like Amazon and Roku, right?
Old 05-26-20, 07:28 PM

Have they announced when it all start's tomorrow?
According to Newsweek, it's scheduled to launch tonight at Midnight PST (3am EST).

https://www.newsweek.com/hbo-max-cou...elease-1506423
dvd-4-life (05-26-20)
Old 05-26-20, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,200 Likes on 4,227 Posts

So any brand new content at launch? I seem to remember a new series was coming as a MAX exclusive, but don't remember if it was at launch. Maybe an Anna Kendrick thing?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.