Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

Disney+ streaming service

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-23, 06:47 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 912 Likes on 772 Posts
Re: Disney+ streaming service

Originally Posted by Noonan
I really hope they didn't change it to Feb 1 to try to cash in on Black History Month.
I think it would be more of a tribute than a cash in job. It just brings more attention to a devastating time in human culture. I don’t think they are cashing in, I think they are paying tribute to BHM and Boseman.
The following users liked this post:
John Pannozzi (01-25-23)
Old 01-04-23, 07:48 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 534 Likes on 470 Posts

https://dmedmedia.disney.com/news/im...e-sound-by-dts

IMAX Enhanced To Expand Offering On Disney+ With IMAX Signature Sound By DTS For The Home In 2023

Immersive in-home experience to deliver high-fidelity audio on fan-favorite film titles for Disney+ subscribers on IMAX Enhanced certified devices worldwide

NEW YORK, N.Y. and LOS ANGELES, CALIF. (January 4, 2023) – Disney Streaming, IMAX Corporation (NYSE:IMAX), and DTS, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Xperi Inc. (NYSE: XPER), announced today that Disney+ subscribers using select devices will have a new way to experience select films from the Marvel Cinematic Universe and more with an expansion of IMAX Enhanced technology on Disney+ coming in 2023.

In addition to IMAX’s exclusive expanded aspect ratio, which launched on Disney+ in November 2021, IMAX signature sound by DTS will enable an elevated end-to-end experience specially calibrated to provide fans at home with IMAX-quality picture and sound. Select best-in-class device manufacturers will support IMAX signature sound by DTS at launch, including IMAX Enhanced certified TVs from manufacturers like Sony and Hisense. Additionally, owners of certified AV receivers from manufacturers like Denon, Marantz, and JBL will also be able to enjoy the experience at launch. IMAX’s expanded aspect ratio, which delivers 1:90:1 and offers up to 26% more picture for select sequences, is currently available for supported titles across all Disney+ supported devices at no additional cost or equipment.

“We’re excited to roll out the next evolution of IMAX Enhanced technology on Disney+ in the coming year,” said Jerrell Jimerson, Executive Vice President of Product, Disney Streaming. “This unique collaboration extends our long-standing relationship between Disney and IMAX and we look forward to delivering this new immersive audio experience alongside premium playback quality for current and future titles to our audiences around the world.”

“We’re thrilled to bring audiences an even greater cinematic experience in the home and beyond as we roll out the next phase of IMAX Enhanced on Disney+,” said Vikram Arumilli, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Streaming and Consumer Technology, IMAX Corporation.” We can’t wait for fans to experience more of our cutting-edge, unparalleled sight and sound advancements across the entire IMAX Enhanced collection on Disney+, with more titles soon to come.”

“Fan response to the launch of IMAX Enhanced titles on Disney+ has been overwhelmingly positive, giving viewers what they have been asking for – stunning images at home as intended by the incredible teams behind some of the world’s most popular films,” said Bill Neighbors, Chief Content Officer at Xperi. “Now, fans will be able to get the full experience of IMAX Enhanced with the addition of IMAX Enhanced signature sound by DTS, exclusively for those titles.”

IMAX is the world’s most immersive canvas for filmmakers to bring their visions to audiences around the globe. With IMAX’s exclusive expanded aspect ratio, filmmakers can create a more immersive experience in theaters and now in the home, allowing audiences to see more of the action. Marvel fans have long called for more of the IMAX experience at home, and now with certain IMAX Enhanced features on Disney+, subscribers get what they have been waiting for - additional image at home as intended by the incredible teams behind some of the world’s most popular films.

With IMAX Enhanced, IMAX and technology partner DTS enable content that can be experienced in-home and beyond with the highest fidelity, ensuring that filmmakers’ creative intent is fully optimized for an IMAX-quality presentation. Disney+ is the first major streaming service to elevate the at-home viewing experience with IMAX Enhanced, giving its subscribers new ways to re-experience the Marvel Cinematic Universe and beyond.

Today’s announcement is the latest evolution in the storied relationship between IMAX and Marvel Studios, with audiences first entering the Marvel Cinematic Universe in IMAX in 2010. Since then, the Marvel Cinematic Universe has become the highest grossing franchise in IMAX history. Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame were the first films shot entirely with IMAX digital cameras, and all titles available in IMAX Enhanced on Disney+ feature select sequences in IMAX’s expanded aspect ratio.
John Pannozzi (01-25-23)
Old 01-20-23, 05:53 PM

Wasn’t Black Panther 2 supposed to come out digitally today?
Old 01-20-23, 06:03 PM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoy
Wasn’t Black Panther 2 supposed to come out digitally today?
No.
Old 01-20-23, 06:54 PM

Ok. I’m bummed. I wanted to see it. Oh well. I can wait till 2/1. I’m gonna watch first in 3D to prep.
Old 01-23-23, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 221 Likes on 177 Posts

I'm still surprised Disney+ doesn't have at least one channel dedicated to streaming their music.
Old 02-01-23, 05:28 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Black Panther Wakanda Forever is now available
Old 03-05-23, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts

Disney sure knows their audience.
Old 03-05-23, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 350 Likes on 269 Posts

This is where the Hulu and Disney+ brand awareness should come into play. And why Disney should never sell its portion of Hulu, where that type of content should be available.
Deftones (03-07-23)
Old 03-05-23, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,301 Likes on 945 Posts

Are you saying the logo is now a religious cross?
Old 03-05-23, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts

It's on Hulu in the US. I'm guessing it's on Disney+ overseas?
The following 2 users liked this post by lwhy?:
MLBFan24 (03-06-23), Why So Blu? (03-05-23)
Old 03-05-23, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk God

Yeah that ad is definitely for Disney + overseas since they don't have Hulu internationally.
The following 2 users liked this post by DJariya:
MLBFan24 (03-06-23), Why So Blu? (03-05-23)
Old 03-06-23, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts

I have a VPN and there’s all sorts of off-brand stuff on Disney+ in other countries. When Disney bought Fox one of my first thoughts was that The French Connection was a very un-Disney movie, but they’ve got it there in Japan. Most of the “adult” content is under a banner called “Star”, but some of the “featured” sections have stuff from both ends.

The movie “Prey” is only in 5.1 on Hulu in the US but is in Atmos on Disney in other countries.
Old 03-06-23, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 601 Likes on 434 Posts

That’s how I watched Prey
Old 03-18-23, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 424 Likes on 305 Posts

So I signed up for Disney plus today and will probably use it for just a month or two and then cancel it. Dumb question but if Im watching a tv show or movie and it says it's in 4k will it automatically playback in 4k if watching it on a 4k tv?
Old 03-18-23, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by bluelitespecial
so i signed up for disney plus today and will probably use it for just a month or two and then cancel it. Dumb question but if im watching a tv show or movie and it says it's in 4k will it automatically playback in 4k if watching it on a 4k tv?

🤔
Old 03-18-23, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Yes if you have a streaming device that is 4K supported, appropriate cable, a 4K TV and a good enough internet connection, you’re good.
Old 03-18-23, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 424 Likes on 305 Posts

I'm streaming through my 4k TV and have fast enough internet so it looks like it's streaming in 4k.
Old 03-18-23, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The info button should tell you what K is being displayed.
Old 03-18-23, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts

What's the inapproriate link that was removed?

Was surprised the U2 special wasn't in 4K, but I wasn't even sure until I checked the resolution.
Old 03-18-23, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
What's the inapproriate link that was removed?

Was surprised the U2 special wasn't in 4K, but I wasn't even sure until I checked the resolution.

Something I had in my sig
​​​​​​​I GoFundMe to help pay medical bills for my dog who passed away. The surgery was 5 figures. Still paying it.
Old 03-19-23, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
I'm streaming through my 4k TV and have fast enough internet so it looks like it's streaming in 4k.
I think you also need a newer HDMI cable toget the best quality?
Old 03-20-23, 05:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by mhg83
I think you also need a newer HDMI cable to get the best quality?
I'd add to that comment that newer means newer standard and speed. I'd suggest a cable which is HDMI 2.0 with 18Gbps. There is HDMI 2.1 with 48Gbps available now if your devices support the even newer standard.
Old 04-20-23, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk God

The Spider-Man movies are coming to Disney +.

Thread with the announcement and dates

Old 04-20-23, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk God

Here's the official press release for those who don't like reading Twitter links

Today, Disney+ announced that six Spider-Man(TM) films will be launching on the streaming service in the U.S. this spring, giving fans access to more from the Marvel collection, all in one place. The first Spider-Man(TM) films "Spider-Man(TM)," "Spider-Man(TM) 2," "Spider-Man(TM) 3," and "The Amazing Spider-Man(TM)" will be made available to subscribers on April 21, 2023. "Spider-Man(TM): Homecoming" and "Venom" will join the service on May 12, 2023.

· Spider-Man(TM) (2002) - Available April 21, 2023

Average teenager Peter Parker is transformed into an extraordinary superhero after he is accidentally bitten by a radioactive spider. When his beloved uncle is savagely murdered during a robbery, young Peter vows to use his powers to avenge his death. Deeming himself "Spider-Man," he sets about ridding the streets of crime, bringing him into conflict with malevolent super-villain "Green Goblin."

· Spider-Man(TM) 2 (2004) - Available April 21, 2023

In "Spider-Man 2(TM)," Tobey Maguire returns as the mild-mannered Peter Parker, who is juggling the delicate balance of his dual life as college student and a superhuman crime fighter. Peter's life becomes even more complicated when he confronts a new nemesis, the brilliant Otto Octavius who has been reincarnated as the maniacal and multi-tentacled "Doc Ock." When Doc Ock kidnaps MJ, Spider-Man must swing back into action as the adventure reaches new heights of unprecedented excitement.

· Spider-Man(TM) 3 (2007) - Available April 21, 2023

Peter Parker finally has the girl of his dreams, Mary Jane Watson, and New York City is in the throes of Spider-mania! But when a strange alien symbiote turns Spider-Man's suit black, his darkest demons come to light changing Spider-Man inside as well as out. Spider-Man is in for the fight of his life against a lethal mix of villains - the deadly Sandman, Venom, and the New Goblin - as well as the enemy within himself.

· The Amazing Spider-Man(TM) (2012) - Available April 21, 2023

A teenage Peter Parker grapples with both high school and amazing super-human crises as his alter-ego Spider-Man.

· Spider-Man(TM): Homecoming (2017) - Available May 12, 2023

A young Peter Parker/Spider-Man, begins to navigate his newfound identity as the web-slinging super hero. Peter returns home, where he lives with his Aunt May, under the watchful eye of his new mentor Tony Stark. Peter tries to fall back into his normal daily routine, but when the Vulture emerges as a new villain, everything that Peter holds most important will be threatened.

· Venom (2018) - Available May 12, 2023

Eddie Brock (Tom Hardy) is a broken man after he loses everything including his job and fiancée. Just when his life is at its lowest, he becomes host to an alien symbiote which results in extraordinary superpowers - transforming him into Venom. Will these powers be enough for this new lethal protector to defeat great evil forces, especially against the far stronger and more weaponized symbiote rival, Riot?

Additional titles from Sony Pictures' film and television library are expected to premiere on Disney+ in the U.S. later this year.

Facebook: @DisneyPlus Instagram: @DisneyPlus Twitter: @DisneyPlus TikTok: @DisneyPlus Hashtag: #DisneyPlus

ABOUT DISNEY+

Disney+ is the dedicated streaming home for movies and shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic, along with The Simpsons and much more. In select international markets, it also includes the general entertainment content brand, Star. The flagship direct-to-consumer streaming service from The Walt Disney Company, Disney+ offers an ever-growing collection of exclusive originals, including feature-length films, documentaries, live-action and animated series, and short-form content. With unprecedented access to Disney's long history of incredible film and television entertainment, Disney+ is also the exclusive streaming home for the newest releases from The Walt Disney Studios. Disney+ is available as a standalone streaming service, as part of the Disney Bundle in the U.S. that gives subscribers access to Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+, or as part of Combo+ in Latin America with Star+, the standalone general entertainment and sports streaming service in the region. For more, visit disneyplus.com, or find the Disney+ app on most mobile and connected TV devices.
The following 2 users liked this post by DJariya:
BackStJoe (04-20-23), story (04-21-23)

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.