Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Streaming Talk
Reload this Page >

Disney+ streaming service

Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

Disney+ streaming service

Old 11-22-22, 05:53 AM
  #1651  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: NH
Posts: 8,923
Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts
Re: Disney+ streaming service

Originally Posted by TheBang
And, as discussed before, you can Add-On Disney+ (No Ads) for $2.99/month to your Hulu account, indefinitely, so long as you add it before Dec. 8.
I did this, this weekend.

For Disney+ a year for $36 > $110.
Old 11-22-22, 06:23 AM
  #1652  
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd
 
Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: spiritually, Minnesota
Posts: 36,879
Received 675 Likes on 451 Posts
Re: Disney+ streaming service

Thanks for the Hulu show recommendations everyone, added those and a bunch others to my watchlist. Hulu has a lot more original content than I expected. Need a time machine now to watch all this content.

Getting the Hulu $1.99 deal, and adding the Disney no-ads $2.99 option was fairly easy peasey, but I hate how Disney forces shared passwords on their sites, so now I have a bunch of reconfiguring of devices to do.
Old 11-22-22, 08:38 AM
  #1653  
Political Exile
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 7,364
Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts
Re: Disney+ streaming service

I wasn't on top of this, and looks like Disney+ auto-renewed at $80 on Nov 12th. That Hulu deal looked great though.
Old 11-22-22, 10:00 AM
  #1654  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 44,117
Received 1,918 Likes on 1,484 Posts
Re: Disney+ streaming service

Originally Posted by TheBang
And, as discussed before, you can Add-On Disney+ (No Ads) for $2.99/month to your Hulu account, indefinitely, so long as you add it before Dec. 8.
Yup, that's the only reason I posted it here.

And we were talking about it up thread, PerryD, but apparently if you contact hulu they might be able to get you out of your Disney+ contract if you want to try to get the add on instead. I'm probably going to try closer to the 28th.
Old 11-22-22, 11:18 AM
  #1655  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Surf City, CA
Posts: 1,882
Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts
Re: Disney+ streaming service

Originally Posted by Trevor
Thanks for the Hulu show recommendations everyone, added those and a bunch others to my watchlist. Hulu has a lot more original content than I expected. Need a time machine now to watch all this content.
Don't forget to check out "The Bear" - quite possibly the best series of the year. IMO.
Old 11-22-22, 01:05 PM
  #1656  
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Blaine, MN, USA
Posts: 53
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney+ streaming service

Originally Posted by TheBang
And, as discussed before, you can Add-On Disney+ (No Ads) for $2.99/month to your Hulu account, indefinitely, so long as you add it before Dec. 8.
Question about this: If I cancel my Disney+ current subscription, and add it on through Hulu instead, how do I access Disney+ then? Is it still through the Disney+ app, or is it through the Hulu app?
Old 11-22-22, 01:14 PM
  #1657  
Moderator
 
dex14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 44,985
Likes: 0
Received 4,550 Likes on 3,086 Posts
Re: Disney+ streaming service

Originally Posted by Boop
Question about this: If I cancel my Disney+ current subscription, and add it on through Hulu instead, how do I access Disney+ then? Is it still through the Disney+ app, or is it through the Hulu app?
Through Disney+ app.
Old 11-22-22, 02:05 PM
  #1658  
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 75,607
Received 6,150 Likes on 4,185 Posts
Re: Disney+ streaming service

Originally Posted by Dan1boy
Don't forget to check out "The Bear" - quite possibly the best series of the year. IMO.
Oh yeah, The Bear is fabulous. And only like eight 30 minute episodes for the first season, making it an easy binge.
The following users liked this post:
OldBoy (11-24-22)
Old 11-28-22, 04:40 PM
  #1659  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 44,117
Received 1,918 Likes on 1,484 Posts
Re: Disney+ streaming service

So the voice of Bingo and Chilli (the animated show Bluey's Dad and Mom) were on the Tonight Show:

Bingo's voice actor looks about what I thought he would look like, and apparently he's not even an actor he's a frontman for the rock group Custard. Chilli's actress looks nothing like I imagined...

Also if you don't know what Bluey is go watch Bluey.
Old 11-29-22, 04:15 PM
  #1660  
Moderator
 
story's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Hope.
Posts: 13,911
Received 1,883 Likes on 1,114 Posts
Re: Disney+ streaming service

I canceled our Disney+ account but now I'm not seeing the $2.99 Disney+ (No Ads) Add-On through Hulu at all.

Do I need to give it a little time first to process on the Disney+ end of things?

Do I full on need to delete my Disney+ account, as well?

I'm looking under Manage Plan and also under Add-Ons at Hulu for the option to do the add-on.
Old 11-29-22, 08:06 PM
  #1661  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Sunny Hawaii
Posts: 8,114
Received 447 Likes on 305 Posts
Re: Disney+ streaming service

Originally Posted by story
I canceled our Disney+ account but now I'm not seeing the $2.99 Disney+ (No Ads) Add-On through Hulu at all.

Do I need to give it a little time first to process on the Disney+ end of things?

Do I full on need to delete my Disney+ account, as well?

I'm looking under Manage Plan and also under Add-Ons at Hulu for the option to do the add-on.
Is your Disney+ subscription completely ended now? Or is it still running out through the end of your current term?
Old 11-29-22, 09:32 PM
  #1662  
Moderator
 
story's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Hope.
Posts: 13,911
Received 1,883 Likes on 1,114 Posts
Re: Disney+ streaming service

Ah, a closer look says access ends after today. Well, time to catch up on that last episode of Andor, enjoy the Guardians of the Galaxy Christmas Special, then check the account on Hulu and Disney+ tomorrow!
The following users liked this post:
John Pannozzi (12-02-22)
Old 12-03-22, 11:56 AM
  #1663  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 235
Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts
Re: Disney+ streaming service

My renewal date is the 29th this month.

What do I have to do to get the better pricing? Explain as if you are talking to an idiot. I never had hulu.
Old 12-03-22, 01:38 PM
  #1664  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Sunny Hawaii
Posts: 8,114
Received 447 Likes on 305 Posts
Re: Disney+ streaming service

Originally Posted by bchbdaddy
My renewal date is the 29th this month.

What do I have to do to get the better pricing? Explain as if you are talking to an idiot. I never had hulu.
If you only want Disney+, the only savings you can get is to subscribe to an annual plan before Dec. 8, which will get you the lower pricing for just this year ($79.99 vs. $109.99). If you are currently on a monthly plan, you should be able to go into your account settings and change it to an annual plan immediately at the low price. If you are currently on an annual plan or fixed term plan that ends on the 29th, then the only way you'd be able to do it is to call Disney+ customer service and ask if they can cancel AND inactivate your service immediately, and then sign-up again for an annual plan before Dec. 8. If they can't do that, then you'd just have to sign up for a new account (new email) before Dec. 8 and abandon your current account.

If you also want to have Hulu, you missed the best pricing for that by missing the Black Friday sale. The best you can do now is sign up for Hulu (with Ads) monthly ($7.99/month) or annual ($79.99/year), and then add-on the Disney+ (No Ads) Add-On for an additional $2.99/month. The Disney+ (No Ads) Add-On is only available before Dec. 8. If you get that Add-On before Dec. 8, you'll be able to keep it indefinitely, though they could raise the price in the future. In order to add-on Disney+, you cannot have an active Disney+ account on the email you're using to sign-up for with Hulu. So, if it's the same email as your current Disney+ account, then, again, as above, you'll have to call Disney CS and see if they can cancel AND deactivate immediately. Otherwise, you'll have to use a new email.
The following users liked this post:
bchbdaddy (12-03-22)
Old 12-03-22, 03:26 PM
  #1665  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 235
Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts
Re: Disney+ streaming service

Originally Posted by TheBang
If you only want Disney+, the only savings you can get is to subscribe to an annual plan before Dec. 8, which will get you the lower pricing for just this year ($79.99 vs. $109.99). If you are currently on a monthly plan, you should be able to go into your account settings and change it to an annual plan immediately at the low price. If you are currently on an annual plan or fixed term plan that ends on the 29th, then the only way you'd be able to do it is to call Disney+ customer service and ask if they can cancel AND inactivate your service immediately, and then sign-up again for an annual plan before Dec. 8. If they can't do that, then you'd just have to sign up for a new account (new email) before Dec. 8 and abandon your current account.

If you also want to have Hulu, you missed the best pricing for that by missing the Black Friday sale. The best you can do now is sign up for Hulu (with Ads) monthly ($7.99/month) or annual ($79.99/year), and then add-on the Disney+ (No Ads) Add-On for an additional $2.99/month. The Disney+ (No Ads) Add-On is only available before Dec. 8. If you get that Add-On before Dec. 8, you'll be able to keep it indefinitely, though they could raise the price in the future. In order to add-on Disney+, you cannot have an active Disney+ account on the email you're using to sign-up for with Hulu. So, if it's the same email as your current Disney+ account, then, again, as above, you'll have to call Disney CS and see if they can cancel AND deactivate immediately. Otherwise, you'll have to use a new email.
Thanks. Dont really need hulu. Since its not a huge discount getting the hulu/disney. I thought it was gonna be nice chunk of change.

Ill probably just cancel at the end of the month and renew when all the epiodes of the new mando air. The star wars shows are the only thing weve watched in the three years on +.

Old 12-05-22, 07:52 AM
  #1666  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Sonny Corinthos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Port Charles, NY.
Posts: 7,374
Received 216 Likes on 164 Posts
Re: Disney+ streaming service

I got my kiddo a phone upgrade for Christmas and Verizon threw in the Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+ for "free."
Old 12-05-22, 10:20 AM
  #1667  
Moderator
 
story's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Hope.
Posts: 13,911
Received 1,883 Likes on 1,114 Posts
Re: Disney+ streaming service

Ugh.

So my credit card from the 3-year deal on file was expired and when I went to login in order to cancel, it wouldn't even let me get to my profile without entering a new card. Fine, okay I do that. Boom. I'm signed up for another year, all paid up automatically even though I canceled. That's why I can't find Disney+ as a Hulu add-on.

I think I'm out of luck on the deal and I'm not happy about it.
Old 12-05-22, 10:42 AM
  #1668  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 44,117
Received 1,918 Likes on 1,484 Posts
Re: Disney+ streaming service

Originally Posted by story
Ugh.

So my credit card from the 3-year deal on file was expired and when I went to login in order to cancel, it wouldn't even let me get to my profile without entering a new card. Fine, okay I do that. Boom. I'm signed up for another year, all paid up automatically even though I canceled. That's why I can't find Disney+ as a Hulu add-on.

I think I'm out of luck on the deal and I'm not happy about it.
You can try to contact Hulu support and have them cancel (tell them you want to sign up via Hulu and you accidentally renewed), but you are running out of time because if that doesn't go through by 12/8 you can't add it. Worth a try though.
Old 12-05-22, 02:44 PM
  #1669  
Moderator
 
story's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Hope.
Posts: 13,911
Received 1,883 Likes on 1,114 Posts
Re: Disney+ streaming service

YES! YES! YES! I got it to work! $80/annual Hulu (ads) and $2.99/month Disney+ (No Ads) is a GO!

I had to do Hulu chat, and then Disney+ chat, to confirm the steps, get our refund, and break access so I could get the bundle options I wanted, but we got there! WOOOOO!

Okay, it's Netflix time!
Old 12-05-22, 02:49 PM
  #1670  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: NH
Posts: 8,923
Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts
Re: Disney+ streaming service

Originally Posted by story
Okay, it's Netflix time!
Netflix time?
Old 12-05-22, 02:54 PM
  #1671  
Moderator
 
story's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Hope.
Posts: 13,911
Received 1,883 Likes on 1,114 Posts
Re: Disney+ streaming service


Old 12-05-22, 03:00 PM
  #1672  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: NH
Posts: 8,923
Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts
Re: Disney+ streaming service


Old 12-05-22, 03:26 PM
  #1673  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 44,117
Received 1,918 Likes on 1,484 Posts
Re: Disney+ streaming service

Originally Posted by story
YES! YES! YES! I got it to work! $80/annual Hulu (ads) and $2.99/month Disney+ (No Ads) is a GO!

I had to do Hulu chat, and then Disney+ chat, to confirm the steps, get our refund, and break access so I could get the bundle options I wanted, but we got there! WOOOOO!

Okay, it's Netflix time!
Watch them raise the add on to like 20 bucks a month in January.
Old 12-05-22, 10:29 PM
  #1674  
Moderator
 
story's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Hope.
Posts: 13,911
Received 1,883 Likes on 1,114 Posts
Re: Disney+ streaming service

Originally Posted by fujishig
Watch them raise the add on to like 20 bucks a month in January.



Old 12-05-22, 10:33 PM
  #1675  
DVD Talk God
Thread Starter
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 78,888
Received 3,622 Likes on 2,599 Posts
Re: Disney+ streaming service

There's no thread about it (no need to make one), but the new 90 minute documentary about the history of Mickey Mouse is wonderful. So much history and amazing interviews about the history of the character. Highly recommended if you're even slightly interested in Disney animation history.
The following users liked this post:
Trevor (12-06-22)

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.