Deleted old wiki from another thread, moved here by the update
Print Wikipost

DC Universe streaming service

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-20, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts
Re: DC Universe streaming service

If it's the documentary I'm thinking of, you can find it for fairly cheap on DVD and one animated DC Blu-ray I forget at the moment has it as a bonus feature.
Old 12-24-20, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt1599373/

Secret Origin: The Story of DC Comics.

Hopefully it shows up somewhere for free. Stinks it was part of something I've already paid for which is slimming down before my annual subscription runs out. Seems they would have kept the content until fully switching over in January.

Edit: Score. Found it on YouTube so I can at least finish it. Hoping my Legion of Superheroes makes it to HBO Max (along with the other stuff I didn't get started).

Last edited by b2net; 12-24-20 at 08:43 PM.
Old 12-24-20, 09:20 PM
Banned

Received 1,000 Likes on 666 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
I really wouldn’t stress too much. I’m pretty sure most of the popular programs will segue to HBO Max.
I hope they do, but knowing how the bean counters at AT&T are acting right now, it wouldn't surprise me if they license some of the content to the highest bidder in other streaming services. For example, it wouldn't surprise me at all if all the DC shows on CW end up back at Netflix.
Old 01-20-21, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,499 Posts

Last day to sign up (for the comics only.... so I think we can kill this thread) for the $25 store coupon or whatever, since the new app launches tomorrow.
Old 01-20-21, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,131 Posts

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
I emailed DC Universe via "contact us" or "help" and asked if my renewal would be $59 or $74 and if i could just pay before the renewal date. I was also thinking of doing the $7mo but decided to ask before canceling. They claim it will be $59 at renewal. Also, i got my sub and discount direct through DC Universe when i signed up.

They somehow fucked up my renewal back in December and canceled my Sub. I didn't even realize it til I went on and it was telling me to Sign Up. Fuckers doing shady shit because I had a $59 renewal?

Oh well, I'll sign up again one day... IF... I find annual for $59 coupon..
Old 01-20-21, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,499 Posts

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
They somehow fucked up my renewal back in December and canceled my Sub. I didn't even realize it til I went on and it was telling me to Sign Up. Fuckers doing shady shit because I had a $59 renewal?

Oh well, I'll sign up again one day... IF... I find annual for $59 coupon..
What did you sub through?

The messaging was confusing because I got an automatic renewal notice through amazon (I think I subbed because of the 59 price) but when I logged in, amazon said that they couldn't renew because this was no longer a streaming service.

I was going to let it go but they allow you to get the 25 coupon if you sign up before the new service starts, even if my service lapsed, so I figured it's close enough (not that I used the old store at all, so I'm counting on the new store having something I want in the next year or so). It's pricey but the hype for the new app and all the new comics got to me, I think. I do love DC.
Old 01-20-21, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I signed up direct through DC Universe. Maybe I'll do a monthly for a spell until an annual deal pops up.
Old 01-21-21, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Phone app forced an official upgrade to "infinite" today and all tv and films are now gone. I agree this thread can close.