Deleted old wiki from another thread, moved here by the update
Print Wikipost

DC Universe streaming service

Old 12-19-18, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,456 Posts
re: DC Universe streaming service

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Will these shows/films stay on DC Universe forever or will they be taken down after a period with some coming back after a while while others never return like on Netflix and Hulu? I like having access to the Animated Films to view whenever I want however many times I want..
I'm pretty sure they took down some stuff within weeks of launching (the Batman movies?), so I assumed it was going to be on a rotating basis, with the exception of their exclusives.

Are the apps any better now? I didn't see any for console so I assume they're still working on those.
Old 12-19-18, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,546 Likes on 2,541 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
I'm pretty sure they took down some stuff within weeks of launching (the Batman movies?), so I assumed it was going to be on a rotating basis, with the exception of their exclusives.

Are the apps any better now? I didn't see any for console so I assume they're still working on those.
They just released the Amazon Fire apps this week.

Only big omission right now is XBox and PS4 apps.

The Batman movies actually came back this month. The Nolan ones were taken off, but I assume they'll come back at some point.
Old 12-19-18, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,093 Posts

Ah, thanks.
Old 12-20-18, 06:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

The thing I dislike so far is that even after you finish an episode (all the way to end of credits), it still shows as "continue watching". Then when you click it the episode starts at the beginning.
Old 12-20-18, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by b2net
The thing I dislike so far is that even after you finish an episode (all the way to end of credits), it still shows as "continue watching". Then when you click it the episode starts at the beginning.
Other than the "On the Next Titans" promo what more is there to watch after the end of credits? Makes sense that it would go back doesn't it?
Old 12-20-18, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The two promos end today...

and I caved. Since the Fire TV is hooked up to the main tv, that's what did it, I hope the app is at least decent.

edited to add: an unfortunate byproduct of being a huge DC fan: I have the vast majority of the available stuff on disk. Like now I'm questioning why I spend 80 bucks on the BTAS blu rays. Cool to have all the shorts on there though.

Last edited by fujishig; 12-20-18 at 03:59 PM.
Old 12-20-18, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Other than the "On the Next Titans" promo what more is there to watch after the end of credits? Makes sense that it would go back doesn't it?
For the Roku it actually has the link for the next episode at the end of the episode we finished with a countdown to starting that next episode.

So we back out not starting next episode. Leave the app. Expect the next episode will be next in line when we open the app next time.

When we return to the channel (app) it shows up as continue for the episode we just watched and as well when clicking that continue it starts the episode we previously finished.

So, No, it makes no sense.
Old 12-20-18, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,356 Likes on 921 Posts

I just signed up. I'll definitely get use out of this. Looking forward to YJ: Outsiders.
Old 12-20-18, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Is there a way to disable the next episode autoplay? I've been watching some short, some of which are only like a couple of minutes, and the last 30 seconds have the ugly overlay for the next episode.
Old 12-20-18, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts

I pit it on my Fire Stick yesterday. My son’s first day of vacation was today and he wanted to watch some stuff, but every time we pulled it up it’d just go to a black screen. It worked last night, but all day today it was dead.
Old 12-21-18, 04:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Is there a way to disable the next episode autoplay? I've been watching some short, some of which are only like a couple of minutes, and the last 30 seconds have the ugly overlay for the next episode.
I'd love to know that one as well.
Old 12-22-18, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Tom Banjo
I pit it on my Fire Stick yesterday. My son’s first day of vacation was today and he wanted to watch some stuff, but every time we pulled it up it’d just go to a black screen. It worked last night, but all day today it was dead.
Yeah, I had this happen to me. You have to completely exit out of the app and restart it. There's a button to exit out, I think it's like a looping arrow or something, but you'll know it because the pop up to exit out will be visible.

It's almost as bad as the Crunchyroll app, but that one you have to delete the data from the app completely unless you exit out of the app every single time.
Old 12-24-18, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I just saw that Ralph Garman, actor and former Kevin and Been Radio show member, has a show on the DC Universe.
I know he's a big DC fan and was close to Adam West.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 12-24-18 at 02:32 PM.
Old 12-24-18, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk God

I just saw the Ralph Garman, actor and former Kevin and Been Radio show member, has a show on the DC Universe.
It's not really a show. It's little vignettes to help introduce notable DC projects like movies and TV shows. He's not the only host. They have Burt Ward, Karen Fukuhara and Cameron Cuffe from Krypton among some of them.
Old 12-24-18, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by b2net
For the Roku it actually has the link for the next episode at the end of the episode we finished with a countdown to starting that next episode.

So we back out not starting next episode. Leave the app. Expect the next episode will be next in line when we open the app next time.

When we return to the channel (app) it shows up as continue for the episode we just watched and as well when clicking that continue it starts the episode we previously finished.

So, No, it makes no sense.
No, it makes total sense.

I THINK....the problem is You are still technically in the last ep's file/stream; and you never started the new ep's file/stream. So all it knows is you never 100% finished the previous file/streaming activity and is asking what you want to do. And since you're close enough to the end it just restarts it since you clicked continue.

That same thing happens on the CW app.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 12-24-18 at 02:44 PM.
Old 12-24-18, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by DJariya
It's not really a show. It's little vignettes to help introduce notable DC projects like movies and TV shows. He's not the only host. They have Burt Ward, Karen Fukuhara and Cameron Cuffe from Krypton among some of them.
Ah ok. I hadn't watched them yet. I wasn't sure if it was a short feature or 20-30 min thing so I figures I'd click later.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 12-24-18 at 02:43 PM.
Old 12-24-18, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

No, it makes total sense.

I THINK....the problem is You are still technically in the last ep's file/stream; and you never started the new ep's file/stream. So all it knows is you never 100% finished the previous file/streaming activity and is asking what you want to do. And since you're close enough to the end it just restarts it since you clicked continue.

That same thing happens on the CW app.
Actually we are on Episode 5 and when we return to the app, it still wants to start at the beginning of episode 1. And we have watched all the way including the preview.

Even if we don't start the next episode, why wouldn't continue be at the end of the episode we left.

I think the Roku app has an issue. Hoping this will be better as the app matures.

Also finished 2 other series. Those 2 keep showing up in continue for the last episode of the series.

The CW app on our Roku doesn't have a continue feature so never experienced that.

Must be different functionality on various devices.

Last edited by b2net; 12-24-18 at 06:03 PM.
Old 12-25-18, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Fair enough. I hope it gets fixed for you.
Old 12-25-18, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I watched the last 2 eps of DC Daily. It was like...(SNIFF wipes tear)...it was like, I was in DC Fanboy Heaven .

Already feeling like my 59.99 has paid off.
Old 12-26-18, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I just saw that Ralph Garman, actor and former Kevin and Been Radio show member, has a show on the DC Universe.
I know he's a big DC fan and was close to Adam West.
I assumed it was his connection to Kevin Smith via Hollywood Babble On that got him the gig.

On a side note, I didn't even realize he was let go until I saw some billboards from some other station saying "at least we didn't fire Ralph Garman"
Old 12-26-18, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk God

Content coming soon in January and leaving:

Coming Soon:
Green Lantern: The Animated Series (1/1)
Superman/Batman: Apocalypse (1/1)
Superman/Batman: Public Enemies (1/1)
Young Justice: Outsiders (1/4)
All-Star Superman (1/8)
Aquaman (TV Pilot) (1/11)
Superman vs The Elite (1/15)
Superman Unbound (1/21)
Reign of the Supermen (1/29)

Last Chance:
Batman: Under The Red Hood (1/1)
Batman: Year One (1/1)
Green Lantern: Emerald Knights (1/1)
Green Lantern: First Flight (1/1)
Justice League vs. Teen Titans (1/1)
Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths (1/1)
Justice League: Doom (1/1)
Justice League: Gods and Monsters (1/1)
Justice League: The New Frontier (1/1)
Supergirl (1/1)
Superman II (1/1)
Superman III (1/1)
Superman IV: The Quest for Peace (1/1)
Old 12-26-18, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I still don't get why they rotate stuff out.
Old 12-26-18, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk God

I still don't get why they rotate stuff out.
My guess is they probably only sign short term licensing deals, which is cheaper than keeping them multiple years and can always re-acquire them at a later time.
Old 12-26-18, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I guess I understand that there are probably separate divisions in WB and so they have to license it out even if they all fall under one umbrella company, but this is supposed to be THE DC streaming service, and to have stuff like the Batman movies or the Superman movies rotate in and out seems like a really bad idea to me. I mean it's not even like they are oversaturated in content, either.

Do they at least warn you ahead of time (more than a week)? They aren't pulling any series, but if my kids are in the middle of watching, say, Legion of Super Heroes, I'd be ticked if they told me it would be gone in five days.
Old 12-26-18, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Go to the message board under "WatchTower" The Mods have started making announcements there about content.

Yeah the windows are short for how long the content stays. I mean the service has only been around 3+ months.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.