Streaming Talk The Place to talk about streaming video and audio

ConTV for Roku

Old 09-04-15, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: ConTV for Roku

I added it.... the only things I was able to watch without a VIP membership were short 2-3 minute snippets of a few convention panels. And He-Man.

I deleted it a few minutes later.
Old 09-10-15, 01:59 AM

I ended up canceling my subscription.

My main reason for signing-up was the convention coverage. I wasn't able to catch most of the live stream. So I've been waiting for them to post the full panels. But they're not making that footage available for On Demand viewing. Instead, they're only posting 1-minute highlight clips.
Old 10-05-15, 05:22 PM

ConTV will livestream from this weekend's New York Comic Con (Oct. 10th from 2pm - 5pm EST). It will be available for FREE. You don't have to be a VIP member.

http://www.contv.com/detail-movie/co...live-presents/

CONtv Live Presents New York Comic Con, your premiere free streaming access to live coverage of this sold out event featuring the top comic book artists, illustrators, animators, TV and Movie stars, and so much more. Beginning at 2pm eastern (11am pacific). Plus, checkout the virtual comic con hub going live on Wednesday, Oct 7th with up-to-the-minute clips, red carpet coverage, behind the scenes footage, artist profiles and our favorite merchants selling their collectible fan items.
Old 02-10-19, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Got an e-mail about this service. 3 months for $4 using the code SweetDeal

Watch Free Movies, TV shows and Comic Con Panels Online | CONtv

The service has changed it's content to B movies, oddball TV shows, horror, martial arts and some animated.

They have some interesting oddball stuff, but I am so tapped out for time with content right now, so I think I have to pass on this.
Old 02-10-19, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TheBigDave View Post
I ended up canceling my subscription.

My main reason for signing-up was the convention coverage. I wasn't able to catch most of the live stream. So I've been waiting for them to post the full panels. But they're not making that footage available for On Demand viewing. Instead, they're only posting 1-minute highlight clips.
This is my story as well. Believe it or not, in CON TV's early days, you used to be able to stream Wizard World panels LIVE when they were happening. Now, as noted, it's nothing but short highlight clips, often weeks or months after the con has happened.
Old 02-10-19, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt View Post
This is my story as well. Believe it or not, in CON TV's early days, you used to be able to stream Wizard World panels LIVE when they were happening. Now, as noted, it's nothing but short highlight clips, often weeks or months after the con has happened.
The livestream panels were great. But most of the time, I couldn't watch them live. I don't know why they wouldn't add the video afterwards for later viewing.

It's a shame. I really wanted this service to live up to the hype.
Old 04-01-19, 08:08 PM

4 Months for $4.20

Promo Code: CONtv420

Old 07-29-19, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

https://www.contv.com/browse-movie/

ConTV did a revamp recently and it looks like they now feature a library of digital comics.

It apparently merged with Comic Blitz

https://www.newsarama.com/46097-comi...contv-app.html

There is a 2 month free trial with the code: ConTVComics